VID Why isn't there more hype behind this guy.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
He's only fought a couple of "known" guys so that hasn't helped his credibility.

Also, he's been the first fight on the card quite a few times and to be honest I feel like a lot of people don't tune into Bellator cards until the main events because so many times every other fight consists of people that no one has ever heard of.

He's obviously talented and he's pretty damned charismatic so it should be an easy sell but Bellator has definitely opted to go for more of a slow play with him than the hard sell like the UFC has done with Sage.

His next fight will be a nice gauge of where he is right now but it's definitely time for a step up.

Burrell gave him a fit so I'd like to see him vs another wrestler now to see how he's progressed since that fight.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
But who has better martial arts credentials ? I'd say sage , he has tons of karate medals and championships under his cap and has had success in other martial arts too like amateur wrestling and some grappling tournaments , he does have less mma fights and less kos though but has shown a more well rounded skill set than page has displayed .
How so? 2 fights in and Sage already looks beatable. MVP hasn't needed a ref to stand him up yet :p

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
Did you even read my comment ? Lol
You said "But who has better martial arts credentials ? I'd say sage , he has tons of karate medals and championships under his cap and has had success in other martial arts too like amateur wrestling and some grappling tournaments"

From Venom's wiki page-

Page began training in martial arts at the age of 3 in Lau Gar kung fu and competed at his first Kickboxingtournament at the age of 5. By the age of 8, he began to devote himself to competition. Because almost everyone in his family were involved in martial arts he felt it was only natural to follow suit.

Page won ten world championships in kickboxing – his first was at the US Open ISKA World Martial Arts Championships 1998 in Orlando, Florida when he was only 12 years old – as well as being crowned British champion over twenty-five times. By the age of 13, Page started entering adult competitions. To prepare, Page would train five hours a day for five days a week. During tournament days he would often fight up to fourteen times due to competing in three weight classes and at one point even fought twenty-two times in a day across five weight classes. One notable world title win was at the W.A.K.O. World Championships 2007 (Coimbra) where, at the −89 kg semi-contact division, he won the gold medal after defeating Dave Heffernan. He also competed at the W.A.K.O. Austrian Classics Worldcup 2008 (Kufstein), winning gold in the −84 kg semi-contact division over Krisztián Jároszkievicz. Page returned the following year to win gold at the W.A.K.O. Austrian Classics Worldcup 2009 (Walchsee), placing first in both the −84 kg light-contact and semi-contact divisions, defeating Bojan Miskovic and Zvonimir Gribl respectively. Page – appointed as the WKA Head Coach – led a team to the WKA World Championships 2009 (Huelva), defeating Ben Stewart to claim gold in the organization's first semi-contact prize competition and bronze in the −90 kg light-contact division, upon being bested by Tarek Haydar. He then participated in the W.A.K.O. World Championships 2009 (Lignano Sabbiadoro) and finished second in the −84 kg semi-contact division, after being defeated by Krisztián Jároszkievicz. On 4 September 2010, he competed at the World Combat Games 2010 (Beijing) in the −89 kg semi-contact division, where he won silver, just losing out on gold to the division winner Krisztián Jároszkievicz.

Page was scouted by the Great Britain Taekwondo team to train for the Olympics but turned it down to pursue a professional combat sports career

I've only seen one Sage fight (his last one) and the Star Wars commercial he did, so you'll have to let me know about the karate medals and championships he's won.

As far as them ever fighting- Sage is too small. He'd be going up a weight class to fight a massive WW.

MMA.X

MMA.X for knockouts , subs ,slams and more
Sep 18, 2015
You said "But who has better martial arts credentials ? I'd say sage , he has tons of karate medals and championships under his cap and has had success in other martial arts too like amateur wrestling and some grappling tournaments"

From Venom's wiki page-

Page began training in martial arts at the age of 3 in Lau Gar kung fu and competed at his first Kickboxingtournament at the age of 5. By the age of 8, he began to devote himself to competition. Because almost everyone in his family were involved in martial arts he felt it was only natural to follow suit.

Page won ten world championships in kickboxing – his first was at the US Open ISKA World Martial Arts Championships 1998 in Orlando, Florida when he was only 12 years old – as well as being crowned British champion over twenty-five times. By the age of 13, Page started entering adult competitions. To prepare, Page would train five hours a day for five days a week. During tournament days he would often fight up to fourteen times due to competing in three weight classes and at one point even fought twenty-two times in a day across five weight classes. One notable world title win was at the W.A.K.O. World Championships 2007 (Coimbra) where, at the −89 kg semi-contact division, he won the gold medal after defeating Dave Heffernan. He also competed at the W.A.K.O. Austrian Classics Worldcup 2008 (Kufstein), winning gold in the −84 kg semi-contact division over Krisztián Jároszkievicz. Page returned the following year to win gold at the W.A.K.O. Austrian Classics Worldcup 2009 (Walchsee), placing first in both the −84 kg light-contact and semi-contact divisions, defeating Bojan Miskovic and Zvonimir Gribl respectively. Page – appointed as the WKA Head Coach – led a team to the WKA World Championships 2009 (Huelva), defeating Ben Stewart to claim gold in the organization's first semi-contact prize competition and bronze in the −90 kg light-contact division, upon being bested by Tarek Haydar. He then participated in the W.A.K.O. World Championships 2009 (Lignano Sabbiadoro) and finished second in the −84 kg semi-contact division, after being defeated by Krisztián Jároszkievicz. On 4 September 2010, he competed at the World Combat Games 2010 (Beijing) in the −89 kg semi-contact division, where he won silver, just losing out on gold to the division winner Krisztián Jároszkievicz.

Page was scouted by the Great Britain Taekwondo team to train for the Olympics but turned it down to pursue a professional combat sports career

I've only seen one Sage fight (his last one) and the Star Wars commercial he did, so you'll have to let me know about the karate medals and championships he's won.

As far as them ever fighting- Sage is too small. He'd be going up a weight class to fight a massive WW.
Sage is fighting at 170 his next fight , he would be giving Iona reach and height advantage but he wouldn't be small by a nymeans--Third degree black belt in Taekwondo
Third degree black belt in Kajukenbo
Purple belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu Northcutt began training martial arts at the age of 4 and competed all over the world from a young age. Sage has won a total of 77 world championships in karate. At the age of 9, Northcutt became the youngest person ever to be on the cover of Sport Karate Magazine. He is also an undefeated kickboxer, with his record standing at 15–0.Additionally, despite only being on the Seven Lakes High School varsity wrestling team for two months, Northcutt finished fifth in the state in his weight class (170 lbs). Sage was inducted into the Black Belt Magazine Hall of Fame in 2012. -wiki The kid is legit I know he's won some naga tournies too and his medal room is jampacked

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
I think he's just taking the WW fight because of the short notice- I doubt he'd stay and fight monsters like Lombard, Maia or Thompson.

Back to MVP- starting with Gonzalez, this will be his breakout year.

MMA.X

Sep 18, 2015
I think he's just taking the WW fight because of the short notice- I doubt he'd stay and fight monsters like Lombard, Maia or Thompson.

Back to MVP- starting with Gonzalez, this will be his breakout year.
Had to make a quick mvp highlight

MMA.X

Sep 18, 2015
See I posted it on my backup account ND forgot that it was on private and you wouldn't be able to see it through the link .