General Why Millennials are rejecting conservatism

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Toelocku

*I Know What I Know if you Know What I Mean*
Dec 15, 2018
Families used to live together in fairly large groups. It eases the economic and child rearing burdens.

The idea of people leaving their families to strike out on their own started as a way to get people out of rural areas and into urban (see: economically dependant) areas.
Does it take a village?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Next time you need the cops, Fire Department military, Healthcare, and your roads plowed remember that

It's not called populism for no reason... you are in a very small minority of government bad types
do you realize that this nation existed for over a hundred years without any of those things being provided by the government?

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I assume you're against taxes and government services then?
Services need to be paid for I get that. I feel the govt. wastes money and never does things in an efficient manner. Public sector unions and I this I know for a fact make operations impossible to run correctly. I also believe I am personally taxed too high. I can deal with most of my taxes. It's the payroll tax that's a killer for small business. If you have never run a business you can't understand how bad it is. They NEVER lower payroll tax. All the other tax breaks aren't shit to me. I will take them but . . .

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
Services need to be paid for I get that. I feel the govt. wastes money and never does things in an efficient manner. Public sector unions and I this I know for a fact make operations impossible to run correctly. I also believe I am personally taxed too high. I can deal with most of my taxes. It's the payroll tax that's a killer for small business. If you have never run a business you can't understand how bad it is. They NEVER lower payroll tax. All the other tax breaks aren't shit to me. I will take them but . . .
Medicare is pretty efficient and I'm for a complete revamp of the tax code to help small biz

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
Not really. There's this thing called "History" there are a whole bunch of books about it. If you check some of them out you'll learn quite a bit.
Books like the history of swingers?

The history of marriage and the family is ubiquitous historically with rare exception

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Medicare is pretty efficient and I'm for a complete revamp of the tax code to help small biz
Medicare is good and bad. Every state pays at a different rate. for instance in Oregon many docs won't see medicare patients because the pay rate is terrible. In Florida probably because of the senior population it's the best payer. Ins. also follows medicares lead. So depending where you reside that it going to determine the quality of provider.

The VA is a COMPLETE shitshow.

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
Medicare is good and bad. Every state pays at a different rate. for instance in Oregon many docs won't see medicare patients because the pay rate is terrible. In Florida probably because of the senior population it's the best payer. Ins. also follows medicares lead. So depending where you reside that it going to determine the quality of provider.

The VA is a COMPLETE shitshow.
I'm not going to disagree having worked for the government multiple times that it can be inefficient but that is mainly a product of bad management not of union workers trying to have a decent wage and working conditions

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I'm not going to disagree having worked for the government multiple times that it can be inefficient but that is mainly a product of bad management not of union workers trying to have a decent wage and working conditions
I know for a fact the union in the VA causes shitty patient care period. It makes them lazy and unbending. It is the dumbest system. They are also still DOS based if you can believe that. That isn't a union issue but bottom line patient care suffers mainly because of the nurses union. The docs also have no authority over the nurses. That doesn't work in medicine. The union is managed by union higher ups not linear. Imagine a CEO and his asst. at the same level and he can't tell her to do something "union rules". Help me with this biospy "union rules say I don't have to". Can you go to the pharmacy we need this drug "union rules say I don't have to". All day every fucking day.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Books like the history of swingers?

The history of marriage and the family is ubiquitous historically with rare exception
No, just the regular kind of history books. The leaving your family when you're a grown up thing didn't start until the "Enlightenment".

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
I know for a fact the union in the VA causes shitty patient care period. It makes them lazy and unbending. It is the dumbest system. They are also still DOS based if you can believe that. That isn't a union issue but bottom line patient care suffers mainly because of the nurses union. The docs also have no authority over the nurses. That doesn't work in medicine. The union is managed by union higher ups not linear. Imagine a CEO and his asst. at the same level and he can't tell her to do something "union rules". Help me with this biospy "union rules say I don't have to". Can you go to the pharmacy we need this drug "union rules say I don't have to". All day every fucking day.
Everything you just quoted going wrong there is 100% managements fault