General Why Millennials are rejecting conservatism

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Toelocku

*I Know What I Know if you Know What I Mean*
Dec 15, 2018
It’s criminal they way our service members are treated. If people knew how badly they were treated because of “rules” heads would roll. You have no idea how bad it really is.
I thought trump fixed it?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
It's always who's on first with you
Well, you're bringing up polyamory and swingers, which are 2 things I didn't say anything about. So I'm trying to figure out what relevance they have to the conversation.

Figured rather than guess I'd ask you. As usual, you do your best not to answer a straightforward question.

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
Well, you're bringing up polyamory and swingers, which are 2 things I didn't say anything about. So I'm trying to figure out what relevance they have to the conversation.

Figured rather than guess I'd ask you. As usual, you do your best not to answer a straightforward question.
Dude reread your own posts...you said the nuclear family was bullshit historically and I pointed out that's not so by making a joke about swingers and polyamory which was what your post insinuated was the norm

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Dude reread your own posts...you said the nuclear family was bullshit historically and I pointed out that's not so by making a joke about swingers and polyamory which was what your post insinuated was the norm
I never insinuated anything about singers of polyamory. You introduced that narrative as oppose to going back and reading up on the subject as I suggested you do 24 hours ago.

I'm feeling generous, so I'll help you out:

Family structures of a married couple and their children were present in Western Europe and New England in the 17th century, influenced by church and theocratic governments.With the emergence of proto-industrialization and early capitalism, the nuclear family became a financially viable social unit. The term nuclear family first appeared in the early twentieth century.

Merriam-Webster dates the term back to 1947, while the Oxford English Dictionary has a reference to the term from 1925; thus it is relatively new.

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
I never insinuated anything about singers of polyamory. You introduced that narrative as oppose to going back and reading up on the subject as I suggested you do 24 hours ago.

I'm feeling generous, so I'll help you out:
The nuclear family has been around since the beginning of time...it didnt start in the 17 century

My joke was mocking you for shitting on it with the "communal" it takes a village polyamorous sharing is caring lifestyle

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
The nuclear family has been around since the beginning of time...it didnt start in the 17 century
We live in a time of unprecedented access to information, but you'd rather stick your head in the sand.

My joke was mocking you for shitting on it with the "communal" it takes a village polyamorous sharing is caring lifestyle
Still no idea where you're getting this nonsense from.

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
We live in a time of unprecedented access to information, but you'd rather stick your head in the sand.

Still no idea where you're getting this nonsense from.
Are saying the nuclear family is a 17cen invention?

I've stated several times my references...your trolling game is weak

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
No, that's what historians say.

You actually haven't done that once. Please, I'm begging you, do just a little research before making statements.
Were these historians by chance educated at Trump University?

The idea that the nuclear family is a 17th century invention is beyond stupid

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
The idea that the nuclear family is a 17th century invention is beyond stupid
Because you haven't spent any time researching your stated position.

Critics of the term "traditional family" point out that in most cultures and at most times, the extended family model has been most common, not the nuclear family,[26] though it has had a longer tradition in England[27] than in other parts of Europe and Asia which contributed large numbers of immigrants to the Americas. The nuclear family became the most common form in the U.S. in the 1960s and 1970s.[28]