Why Rumble gets Subbed

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Will Rumble Get Stopped

• yes

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • no

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters

Dicker410

May 18, 2015
Cormier has showed stamina in fight with Bones

I believe Rumble gets stopped by sub in later rounds as I believe he will gas . Nobody in his LHW career will be coverin him and smothering him like a blanket .Cormier's relentless attack along with superior wrestling should be able to finish this fight.

Hopefully I'm wrong as always been a fan of Johnson but Cormier's fight IQ is much higher than most .

I like underdogs but i feel this Cinderella story ends

BTW I find it ammusing they both believe they are fighting fot the actual LHW Title.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Cormier has showed stamina in fight with Bones

I believe Rumble gets stopped by sub in later rounds as I believe he will gas . Nobody in his LHW career will be coverin him and smothering him like a blanket .Cormier's relentless attack along with superior wrestling should be able to finish this fight.

Hopefully I'm wrong as always been a fan of Johnson but Cormier's fight IQ is much higher than most .

I like underdogs but i feel this Cinderella story ends

BTW I find it ammusing they both believe they are fighting fot the actual LHW Title.
.BTW I find it ammusing they both believe they are fighting fot the actual LHW Title
I've heard this quite a bit and don't get it. DC and AJ didn't decide on how all this played out but get flack for doing their thing here. Anybody else in this position would be just as motivated and there's no doubt that they are fighting for the title.

Dicker410

May 18, 2015
I've heard this quite a bit and don't get it. DC and AJ didn't decide on how all this played out but get flack for doing their thing here. Anybody else in this position would be just as motivated and there's no doubt that they are fighting for the title.
Agreed to some extent . Bones is that good and could be Champion of both HW and LHW . But since suspended I can't blame anyone for thinking the same

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Agreed to some extent . Bones is that good and could be Champion of both HW and LHW . But since suspended I can't blame anyone for thinking the same
Until Jones gets his shit together, these guys are fighting for the real title. Would he beat them both? He already beat DC and likely would again...who knows with AJ. One shot from that dude, and you're drinking from a straw for 6 months, so anything is possible. Me personally, I dont like to see anyone fall on hard times, but I'm sort of glad this played out like it did, because I think it opens up the LHW division and makes things interesting again. And if/when Jones does come back, the hype for him to "get his title back" will be at epic proportions.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Ya its really too bad how this gas to go down. I'm optimistic that this shit storm will pay off down the road with one of the most interesting redemption stories to date if JJ can figure out his issues and return, could be an amazing setup for DC vs JJ 2

Dicker410

May 18, 2015
Not a Bones fan out of the octagon but his skill set is second to none. Really they are fighting for a runner up position when he comes back to claim what is rightfully his .

Still see Cormier subbing Anthony in later rounds.

FeeO

You're all on steroids.
May 14, 2015
Ya its really too bad how this gas to go down. I'm optimistic that this shit storm will pay off down the road with one of the most interesting redemption stories to date if JJ can figure out his issues and return, could be an amazing setup for DC vs JJ 2
My brother and I have been gleefully anticipating the white heat that'll accompany JJ's eventual return. It'll be like...creation of the solar system heat. Neil DeGrasse Tyson documentary heat. I cannot wait.

But there's my problem: I want DC to beat Rumble, but I'd rather have Jones come back against Rumble than see him fight DC again. Though the hope of more of their insanely funny exchanges could win me over.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
I don't feel like it's giving flack to either DC (shoe throwing fuck that he is) nor Rumble to say that it's not really a title fight, I think it's more you can't be the champ unless you can beat the champ and gain 'undisputed' status. I think of it as an interim aka #1 contender fight because Jones isn't retired and has the capability to physically defend his belt. Rooting for Rumble simply because I've been wanting to see Jones/Rumble for 2 years. He finally makes it back to the UFC and Jones' ruined my good time. Bastard.

easedel

Jan 18, 2015
I hope he doesn't get subbed. I hope AJ wins. I don't know why they even gave DC the shot. They seemed hell bent to get him in title matches.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
DC is most likely going to take him down and drop some serious bombs on him, TKO in round 2 or 3. I like Mr. Johnson, but I just have this feeling.

P

Punch

To me, DC and Rumble are fighting for the real belt and the title of champion. Jones is no longer the champion because as we all saw, he kicked his own ass out of the title picture with his stupid behavior. If you get fucking stripped, guess what sunshine? That's shit's not yours anymore. Were you beaten for it in the ring? No. You damn sure fucked yourself out of wearing it and the right to call yourself champion. I see that as a bigger loss than losing it in the cage, having to live with the knowledge that no one physically defeated you, but your poor choices in life were your downfall.

And no, i don't think Rumble gets stopped.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
That 6 year age difference is HUGE in cage years. Also, he was a JuCo nation wrestling champion. I know its not olympic level, but the dude can RASSLE. Rumble hasn't had a loss, or even come close to losing a fight since going up in weight.

vs. Esteves Jones, Johnson won via TKO in just 51 seconds of the second round
vs. Jake Rosholt at Xtreme Fight Night 9. Johnson won the fight by TKO due to a head kick in the second round.
vs. D.J. Linderman at WSOF1 on November 3, 2012. He won the fight via KO in the first round.
vs. ARLOVSKI on March 23, 2013 at WSOF2 won via unanimous decision.
vs. Mike Kyle at WSOF8 in Hollywood, Florida Johnson won the fight via knockout in the first round.
vs. Phil Davis via unanimous decision after dominating all three rounds of the fight.
vs. Antonio Nogueira He won the fight via KO at just 44 seconds into the first round.
vs. Gustafsson Johnson won via TKO in the first round, becoming the first to stop Gustafsson due to strikes.

Notice a trend? I think he keeps it standing & KO's DC in 2.

P

Punch

That 6 year age difference is HUGE in cage years. Also, he was a JuCo nation wrestling champion. I know its not olympic level, but the dude can RASSLE. Rumble hasn't had a loss, or even come close to losing a fight since going up in weight.

vs. Jake Rosholt at Xtreme Fight Night 9. Johnson won the fight by TKO due to a head kick in the second round.
vs. D.J. Linderman at WSOF1 on November 3, 2012. He won the fight via KO in the first round.
vs. Mike Kyle at WSOF8 in Hollywood, Florida Johnson won the fight via knockout in the first round.
vs. Phil Davis via unanimous decision after dominating all three rounds of the fight.
vs. Antonio Nogueira He won the fight via KO at just 44 seconds into the first round.
vs. Gustafsson Johnson won via TKO in the first round, becoming the first to stop Gustafsson due to strikes.

He made phil davis look like he was a middleweight. Broke AA's jaw (that shit was nasty). Lil' Nog got his shiiiiiiit pushed in training day style. AG said he hit harder than anyone he'd ever fought. The guy's a bamf. DC can beat him, but it won't be fucking easy.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

I'm with you. Cormier's wrestling advantage will be minimal or perhaps not even have one at all.

Dicker410

May 18, 2015
To me, DC and Rumble are fighting for the real belt and the title of champion. Jones is no longer the champion because as we all saw, he kicked his own ass out of the title picture with his stupid behavior. If you get fucking stripped, guess what sunshine? That's shit's not yours anymore. Were you beaten for it in the ring? No. You damn sure fucked yourself out of wearing it and the right to call yourself champion. I see that as a bigger loss than losing it in the cage, having to live with the knowledge that no one physically defeated you, but your poor choices in life were your downfall.

And no, i don't think Rumble gets stopped.
So why is Rampage the baby killer even involved with MMA by your rational? U forget

P

Punch

So why is Rampage the baby killer even involved with MMA by your rational? U forget
I did some reasearch into what you were referring. No i didn't forget, i didn't know. If you think my post hypocritical, you are mistaken. I was ignorant to this incident. Yes, absolutely appalled at this and because of it i will not support rampage (not that i have since circa '09 anyway).

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I'm with you. Cormier's wrestling advantage will be minimal or perhaps not even have one at all.
Jake Rosholt was a much higher credentialed wrestler than Rumble, if I have my facts straight. Which should put to bed any ideas that wrestling credentials, like any credentials you have from other sports or previous competitions, are the deciding factor when it comes to MMA.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
He made phil davis look like he was a middleweight. Broke AA's jaw (that shit was nasty). Lil' Nog got his shiiiiiiit pushed in training day style. AG said he hit harder than anyone he'd ever fought. The guy's a bamf. DC can beat him, but it won't be fucking easy.
Spot on.