General Why would this book cost $361 in paperback on Amazon?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I’ve read that it’s the best look about the man, so I thought to go by Amazon and perhaps purchase it, and it’s listed at $361.99. That’s crazy talk.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Out of print
Limited copies produced
Rare Images that aren't available elsewhere
I’ve read that it’s the best look about the man, so I thought to go by Amazon and perhaps purchase it, and it’s listed at $361.99. That’s crazy talk.
Rare is Rare
I am sure PDF is available, but some people are the type to want to own an original copy that they can actually touch...I am one of those people for most good books I really enjoy.

I'm gonna get the PDF and give a read...have mentally logged it as a book to keep my eyes peeled for at garage/estate sales

Last edited:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
i ran in to the same thing years ago when I tried to buy "Neuropyschological Bases of God Beliefs".

it had been out of print for years and it was $800.

a few years later they reprinted it and it was $40.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
i ran in to the same thing years ago when I tried to buy "Neuropyschological Bases of God Beliefs".

it had been out of print for years and it was $800.

a few years later they reprinted it and it was $40.
I'm picturing somebody with rights to a printing of a book and a small stockpile of books enjoying the massive markup as they slowly sell the inventory.

Then when that is done, they reprint after selling the rights...or reprint a limited amount of books and repeat the cycle.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I'm picturing somebody with rights to a printing of a book and a small stockpile of books enjoying the massive markup as they slowly sell the inventory.

Then when that is done, they reprint after selling the rights...or reprint a limited amount of books and repeat the cycle.
sometimes it's the author.

in my case, the demand for the book skyrocketed after an HBO special, when that died out they reprinted the book.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
sometimes it's the author.

in my case, the demand for the book skyrocketed after an HBO special, when that died out they reprinted the book.
Makes a lot of sense
With the proper demand you could do some calculations and make some nice $$$ on a limited print while keeping demand and scarcity high

T

The Big Guy

I've seen bjj books that cost that much. Neil melansons books come to mind

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
What was the hbo special called?
wow. no idea.

the author, Michael Persinger, has been on a bunch of shows...was "Through the Wormhole" on HBO?

it was a story about near-death experiences, he created a "God Helmet" that could recreate certain aspects of the experience in a laboratory setting.

I actually struck up an email conversation with him, back before Twitter/FB, at his college address.
He's the one who told me that you could request research papers for free from the authors without paying the exorbitant subscription fees to the publishers.

He shared a paper he was working on about plate tectonics and mass hysteria/hallucination.
FWIW - the book is amazing. It occupies a spot on the Holy of Holies on my bookshelf.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This book was 60 bucks or so in Barnes and noble. I never got it. Years later I treated myself on Kindle for about 35 and couldn't finish the first chapter. It's shite. Written by a tma neckbeard puffter. Hard read.Screenshot_2021-12-11-11-48-13-31_45fb746795678a1ded33faef3c58e9c7.jpg