Why you should make a conscious effort to come here regularly

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
This site, is shaping up to be the BEST mma online forum EVER.

This coming from someone who since 2000(maybe even 1999), has been a regular posting forum member of mmafighting.net, sherdog.com, mmalinker.com, mixedmartialarts.com/aka the UG, and I tell you, NEVER have I been so excited to be part of an online community. I've also registered at a couple hip hop sites as well over the years, but mostly mma..

I'm 15 years deep into online communities, so for me to be this excited about this place, that's a REALLY good sign IWEI and SPLINTY.

Super happy to be here among solid people.

Seriously guys, I want this place to succeed and if there were areas of improvement I would definitely give my feedback.
As it stands right now, this site is everything I could ask for, and then some. Feel free to use this post as an honest unbiased advertisement.

Lurkers and new members-Here is what to expect.
You might initially get put off by the low level of traffic. Understandable. Be a part of the solution though, not the problem. Make an effort to click on a few threads, make a post or inquiry, and come back and see the post from others that follows. You took the time to register, might as well post.

This is an extremely new forum, less than 2 months old. That being said, for a forum that is two months old
We have a cageside discussion forum that is active daily and is only picking up more momentum. The members here at themmacommunity are mostly invited people, invited for the sole reason that members have proven to give quality content and contributions.

In less than two months, features have been added like "tagging", easy to post hyperlinks/pictures/videos, pro fighters have joined, we have a q and a with top 5 ww ben askren, fapout section has some great threads including a currently active bangbros username and password.

Give it a fair shot, try to visit this site a few times throughout the day if you can. I can pretty much guarantee that if you give this place as much clicks as the UG, you'll gravitate towards this place.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Agreed. I like how we all post our opinions and dont get hit back with FAGGOT, MORON, Join date etc. The who premise of a forum is to have discussions because we all have different opinions on things. That is the fun part.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Pitbull3744;n22376 said:
Agreed. I like how we all post our opinions and dont get hit back with FAGGOT, MORON, Join date etc. The who premise of a forum is to have discussions because we all have different opinions on things. That is the fun part.

(That covers most of us, lol)

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Pitbull3744;22376 said:
FAGGOT is definitely the preferred insult over there.

I took a peek over there last night and someone called Ben Henderson a 'dumb motherfucker' on one of the hundred toothpick threads. To my surprise (or was it?!) it's still there.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Mad Dog;n22388 said:

(That covers most of us, lol)

HAHHAHAHAA

Sickeye, when i first got banned i lurked everyday but in the past week or so i have barely gone there because literally every thread is the same in terms of either content or insults and i cant even read it anymore. Before i joined there i used to lurk a lot and love reading the comments because people were so smart about mma, informative and so funny and that is why i joined, but now its not like that at all.

Seriously Letibleu and Malver the janitor and a few others would really love it here if they came.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Great post OP..id l like to pick your brain on Hip Hop i actually just sent you a message bout it lol..We should play hip hop on Quiz up trivia app if u ever want to

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
DiazIsDeepInside MyTatteredArsehole;n22400 said:
Great post OP..id l like to pick your brain on Hip Hop i actually just sent you a message bout it lol..We should play hip hop on Quiz up trivia app if u ever want to
If we are talking hip hop in the 90s i want in! If we are talking about the garbage that exists today then im out lol.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Great post OP,VU! I've done my best to read almost everything written here so far and the only "beef" was between two guys on Crooklyns welcome thread and it got moved then died out. Only been a few live fights in the short time this place has been up but the discussion was great with gifs and pics. I can't stress how nice it is to read / post that aren't flooded with insults. Its good to see lots of solid posters here and the invite program has set a tone or culture that actually feels like a community. I hope that feel stays as long as possible as this place grows.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Pitbull3744;n22410 said:
If we are talking hip hop in the 90s i want in! If we are talking about the garbage that exists today then im out lol.
Lol i love old school the most..but the new shit i listen to isnt the poppy gucci mane wana be thug shit..Look up Rittz song "for real" lyric video..hes got grimey beats and sick flow

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015
Pitbull3744;n22410 said:
I'm the Neil Degrasse Tyson of underground.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
You sir are brilliant...Most ppl drink cosmos you enlighten ppl about them :p

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015
DiazIsDeepInside MyTatteredArsehole;n22414 said:
Lol i love old school the most..but the new shit i listen to isnt the poppy gucci mane wana be thug shit..Look up Rittz song "for real" lyric video..hes got grimey beats and sick flow
Flatbush Zombies (around my way) and Joey Bada$$. Trying to link up with both for production.....

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
DiazIsDeepInside MyTatteredArsehole;n22400 said:

Just got the app, bring it....username is BeeDub

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Pitbull3744;n22398 said:
HAHHAHAHAA

Sickeye, when i first got banned i lurked everyday but in the past week or so i have barely gone there because literally every thread is the same in terms of either content or insults and i cant even read it anymore. Before i joined there i used to lurk a lot and love reading the comments because people were so smart about mma, informative and so funny and that is why i joined, but now its not like that at all.

Seriously Letibleu and Malver the janitor and a few others would really love it here if they came.
Letibleu is a member but doesn't post often. Several invites has been sent to Malvert (big BJ Penn fanboy like myself)...always liked the guy. I guess it's just hard to get away from what you've been familiar with for so long, but hopefully we'll see both of them around more often soon.

Thank you for the kind words everyone.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Pitbull3744;n22410 said:
Start a thread on it, and I can likely answer whatever questions you have. I was all hip-hop, all the time in the 80's and early 90's. Hell, just saw Jodeci and New Edition in concert with my wife last year...at age 42 lol.

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015
I Wild Each It;n22430 said:
Start a thread on it, and I can likely answer whatever questions you have. I was all hip-hop, all the time in the 80's and early 90's. Hell, just saw Jodeci and New Edition in concert with my wife last year...at age 42 lol.
Younger than most of the band members, lol

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I sucked Stillmatics WOODley;n22412 said:
Its good to see lots of solid posters here and the invite program has set a tone or culture that actually feels like a community. I hope that feel stays as long as possible as this place grows.
This place is coming on very strong for one main reason. The site creators have nothing but PURE good intentions for this site. They want a place for hardcore passionate mma fans to DISCUSS mma, and do so in a reasonable manner. The fact there's so much activity this early on in a website forum is a direct reflection of hard work, and a great product.

IWEI and Splinty, you guys really do need a lot of credit. I totally get your vision, TOTALLY appreciate the efforts you guys have given. It's purely a time game now. Just start enjoying the forum now b/c it's only going to get more traffic, I know it.

Again, super appreciative to have hardcore mma fans create this site.

Also, for what it's worth, unlike many members on this site, I actually LOVE the UG. I haven't got banned or been in any type of negative interaction in a long time.
The ONLY reason I'm going away from that place, is because this place is so awesome. Nothing wrong with the UG, but compared to what that place has to offer, compared to what this place is offering now and assuming much more will come, I went to this forum two times today before I went to the UG once.

This place is shaping up to be the best of mmafighting.net and UG. mmafighting.net had a small community, a tight nit group, real "community" type of feel, but lacked the content. UG has great content with a lot of great posts, but gets clustered with so much traffic.

This place already has super solid forum members, ones that when I started seeing some of the names early on, I was impressed and excited to give this place more of a chance.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Pitbull3744;n22398 said:
HAHHAHAHAA

Big fan of Malvert's posting!

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
ABE FROMAN;n22427 said:
Flatbush Zombies (around my way) and Joey Bada$$. Trying to link up with both for production.....
I actually heard of Flatbush Zombies a few years ago. I thought they had talent, but seemed one dimensional, mostly grimey east coast ny thug type music. Good, but not much range.

Joey Bada$$ I heard about a year or so ago. My favorite rapper Apathy mentioned him as a young up and coming emcee. I have much respect for Apathy so I gave Joey a listen and was not disappointed.

I want to talk about hip hop now, but I'll create a thread in lounge for that.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
This place is a hell of a fine hangout so far. I wish there was a framed version though. I'm addicted to frames as a result of using the UG since early 2000's. Remember when the site was all in plain-ass text? It was the frames that kept bringing me back. Can't break free of my frame-urge. Must...have...frames...

Anyway, I'll come around regardless. There is a noticeable difference in quality.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
WoodenPupa;n22495 said:
Must...have...frames....
LOL, we hear you :) Splinty is exploring it...just not a simple solution. Takes some coding and a lot of man hours. But we hear you, promise.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Vigilance is key. That place over there ended up with an overload of "Nick Diaz is irrelevant", "GSP's gut means he's not GOAT" redundant angry fanboy trash threads. They are opinion threads rather than trolling often but the thought equivalent of:

"I'm mad and bored and I have a thought, so therefore I should make a thread", those are the only times I respond with slurs and offensive shit because they warrant no play along to me. They are just creating a thread to do it, not to contribute.

Having an unfiltered non-deconstructed emotionally laden thought, is not reason enough to make a thread and a core reason why that place has a cycle of abusive responses.

Your guy lost, or your guy won. Take 10 seconds to think "Is this thread constructive to the board on this topic, or is it just child trash looking for for responses or to vent or gloat and create spite on a difference of opinion"

Contributing is key, clogging things up with a thread for every thought that comes to mind is not.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Basically the last thing that you want to create on a place you talk about something is spite and that takes reasonable understanding of why and what makes people attracted and turned off of internet chat and this sport.

as an example: Alot of us, think Dana is a clown, he's the brother in Law you let use your cottage and he burns it down from his brocaine party and pigheaded system of values that make him not care he burnt down your cottage. Some people get mad when people rag on Dana and have some remaining reverence for his work as a beacon for attention. Both sides have to understand why they other feels the way it does and not overdo it and create spiteful confrontation unnecessarily.

AS far as fighters go, there is no reason to bash or insult the people that injure themselves for your enjoyment beyond the days where they make MASSIVE mistakes, but even then filter and temper the output. Their mistakes cost them and say your piece without trying to bait a fight and move on, simple as that.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
I Wild Each It;n22430 said:

Quick MMA/Rap question. Who opened World Fighting Alliance 3 with a 3 song set in the cage? Who was scheduled to perform initially?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
MMAHAWK;n22620 said:
Quick MMA/Rap question. Who opened World Fighting Alliance 3 with a 3 song set in the cage? Who was scheduled to perform initially?
Oh I have no idea about that lol. Who was it?