Why you should make a conscious effort to come here regularly

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
WFA 3 fight club meets the nightclub ICE T performed Colors, New jack Hustler, and OG Original Gangsta. Naughty by Nature was billed to perform. Stupid Triva just an awesome moment watching ICE T perform in a Cage before the fights.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
ChaosOverkill;n22607 said:
Basically the last thing that you want to create on a place you talk about something is spite and that takes reasonable understanding of why and what makes people attracted and turned off of internet chat and this sport.

as an example: Alot of us, think Dana is a clown, he's the brother in Law you let use your cottage and he burns it down from his brocaine party and pigheaded system of values that make him not care he burnt down your cottage. Some people get mad when people rag on Dana and have some remaining reverence for his work as a beacon for attention. Both sides have to understand why they other feels the way it does and not overdo it and create spiteful confrontation unnecessarily.

AS far as fighters go, there is no reason to bash or insult the people that injure themselves for your enjoyment beyond the days where they make MASSIVE mistakes, but even then filter and temper the output. Their mistakes cost them and say your piece without trying to bait a fight and move on, simple as that.

I hit the like button at "brocaine party". Good sensible post

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
MMAHAWK;n22632 said:
WFA 3 fight club meets the nightclub ICE T performed Colors, New jack Hustler, and OG Original Gangsta. Naughty by Nature was billed to perform. Stupid Triva just an awesome moment watching ICE T perform in a Cage before the fights.
Holy shit lol, that is awesome. Please tell me there is video of this somewhere??

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
As a good tool, it shouldn't be hard to make a script that eliminates any threads with "Scared" "Scurred" or "Ducking" in the title. That shit is drivel that drove me nuts over there.

Unless it's literally Tito going "I will not fight King Mo, because of x reason only I would make" those threads have no point other than to be stupid.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
ChaosOverkill;n22596 said:
Vigilance is key. That place over there ended up with an overload of "Nick Diaz is irrelevant", "GSP's gut means he's not GOAT" redundant angry fanboy trash threads. They are opinion threads rather than trolling often but the thought equivalent of:

"I'm mad and bored and I have a thought, so therefore I should make a thread", those are the only times I respond with slurs and offensive shit because they warrant no play along to me. They are just creating a thread to do it, not to contribute.

Having an unfiltered non-deconstructed emotionally laden thought, is not reason enough to make a thread and a core reason why that place has a cycle of abusive responses.

Your guy lost, or your guy won. Take 10 seconds to think "Is this thread constructive to the board on this topic, or is it just child trash looking for for responses or to vent or gloat and create spite on a difference of opinion"

Contributing is key, clogging things up with a thread for every thought that comes to mind is not.
Great post. 100% true

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
MMAHAWK;n22632 said:

I love how this random tidbit of information made it's way in this thread. It's exactly what I'm talking about. This place is about mma fans who love to discuss mma and in a thread that technically isn't mma related, we're already casually dropping little nuggets like above. Great stuff.

Now, who can remember way back in the day and remind me what beef Bas Rutten was into that had Bas' sister take up for him online?

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
ChaosOverkill;n22596 said:
Vigilance is key. That place over there ended up with an overload of "Nick Diaz is irrelevant", "GSP's gut means he's not GOAT" redundant angry fanboy trash threads. They are opinion threads rather than trolling often but the thought equivalent of:

"I'm mad and bored and I have a thought, so therefore I should make a thread", those are the only times I respond with slurs and offensive shit because they warrant no play along to me. They are just creating a thread to do it, not to contribute.

Having an unfiltered non-deconstructed emotionally laden thought, is not reason enough to make a thread and a core reason why that place has a cycle of abusive responses.

Your guy lost, or your guy won. Take 10 seconds to think "Is this thread constructive to the board on this topic, or is it just child trash looking for for responses or to vent or gloat and create spite on a difference of opinion"

Contributing is key, clogging things up with a thread for every thought that comes to mind is not.
I'm not even sure vigilance is key. I think that a forum with largely thoughtful threads discourages the "I'm mad and bored" people from making goofy threads and posts. They will feel out of place and not welcome contributing in that fashion. I could be wrong...maybe this forum will attract those fools, in which case vigilance will be important. I just think the quality of a community is the natural, and best, safeguard against infection.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
WoodenPupa;n23237 said:
I'm not even sure vigilance is key. I think that a forum with largely thoughtful threads discourages the "I'm mad and bored" people from making goofy threads and posts. They will feel out of place and not welcome contributing in that fashion. I could be wrong...maybe this forum will attract those fools, in which case vigilance will be important. I just think the quality of a community is the natural, and best, safeguard against infection.

Direct co-relation between growth popularity and people who see an opportunity to exploit it. I'm sure Sherdog was once a collection of well meaning people too as well as a lot of places, yet it's still part of the greater dumpster fire knows as the internet. If quick responses and gratification are available to someone looking to exploit that, they will go anywhere.

Fiend

Evil All The Time
Feb 3, 2015
D241- What's up?? I pm'd you. But, let me say this is a great place!! I lurked a lot, but here I really enjoy the bond we have and acceptance of everyone's preferences.
Long live the MC!!

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Whaddup Fiend!

I'm going to try to attend the fight, haven't purchased tickets yet as money is tight right now. Just spent 6hundred on my car getting fixed. Not ruling it out though, but will def make the weigh ins.

crowbar

First 200
Jan 27, 2015
When you decide to have autoplay advertisements or if you have to watch an advertisement before you can read a thread....I`m outta here.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
crowbar;n25273 said:
When you decide to have autoplay advertisements or if you have to watch an advertisement before you can read a thread....I`m outta here.
I don't think you ever have to worry about that :nono:

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
The two posters above me are gentlemen and scholars, and overall real winners at life. Nice SN

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
D241;n25689 said:
The two posters above me are gentlemen and scholars, and overall real winners at life. Nice SN

You know I'm the artist formerly known as BirdWatcher, 2 more weeks of me paying for Kelvins loss.....

StretchPlum

Feb 21, 2015
I always thought poster bashing was a bigger problem than fighter bashing. Pro athletes are used to criticism--rolls off their back.