Why you should make a conscious effort to come here regularly

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
StretchPlum;n25813 said:
I always thought poster bashing was a bigger problem than fighter bashing. Pro athletes are used to criticism--rolls off their back.

They're both a problem in my opinion, and it makes it hard to ask a fighter to join the discussion or do a Q&A when the board is littered with negative/bashing comments. Let alone the respect that I feel they deserve. Those two reasons are why it won't be allowed here.

Saying "why the fuck did he do that dumb shit?" or "he fought like shit tonight" or "he got his ass beat"...that stuff is going to be said in fight threads and is understandable. But to have multiple page threads, bashing a guy like Ben Askren, simply because someone doesn't like his fighting style, or because he doesn't fight in the UFC. Or calling fighters, losers, faggots, cunts, etc. That's absurd and should never happen by people that truly love the sport, and appreciate the people that participate in it.

Just throwing that out there so everyone is on the same page, because I admit. the waters can get muddy.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
StretchPlum;n25813 said:
I always thought poster bashing was a bigger problem than fighter bashing. Pro athletes are used to criticism--rolls off their back.

Well, put yourself in their position. If you are a pro fighter lurking on a message board or trying to engage in conversation and there are groups of people putting down your skill, your team, your personality etc., it's going to hurt your feelings. The problem with the internet is the anonymous nature of it. We aren't engaging in face to face conversation so people tend to be a lot more bold than they would in person and they forget that they are talking to another human being just like them. That person has feelings just like everyone else, whether they are a pro fighter or some joe off the street.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
That was just an opinion, StretchPlum's statement probably has some truth in it. Doesn't seem like he's promoting fighter bashing.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
wiggum;n26112 said:
Just joined. Hoping it works out.
What's up Wiggum, hope to see you posting on the regular. FYI my SN is usually BirdWatcher, I'm sure we've talked in the past.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Because this place is Legit as it gets.
SO many damn features.

Good people with good vibes

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Amen to this thread. I haven't posted much but a regular lurker, love this site and it's growing everyday...and the huge work Wild and the rest crew put it definitely shows. Keep it up man.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Gilbosh;n27616 said:
Amen to this thread. I haven't posted much but a regular lurker, love this site and it's growing everyday...and the huge work Wild and the rest crew put it definitely shows. Keep it up man.

Thank you sir, and thanks to everyone for the kind words. We're growing up! :)

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
TFK_likatiga;30312 said:
How many Decemb-ers are there?
Just me and Splinty I think. We launched like January 4th or somewhere close to there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
This new update is some high tech shit!

How can you guys evolve so rapidly but the UG is stuck in the stone age even with countless people buying blue names? What the shit?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015

How can you guys evolve so rapidly but the UG is stuck in the stone age even with countless people buying blue names? What the shit?
Kirik needs snow in his drive way bro.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

You have to want to evolve, and give instead of take.