Personal Will you get a COVID-19 vaccine?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Will you get a COVID-19 vaccine?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I worked in various roles within our vaccines business unit for ~12yrs up until early last year. My company is deeply involved in the development of a COVID vaccine. I am very familiar with the regulatory process and the safety profile that needs to be demonstrated for a candidate vaccine to be approved. I also appreciate that like any substance put into a large population of humans, some will have adverse reactions and there will be variability in efficacy. These particular vaccines have such a high degree of oversight due to the immediate public health need, the speed at which they were developed/trialed, and the politics & media attention. My family and I will be getting immunized without hesitation, but I will likely seek out one that will my company is working on just because I’m more familiar and comfortable with our standards.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
"We're going to allow Canadian transsexuals to be first in line for the moderna vaccine. We believe the LGBTQ votes community must be protected at all costs."

Justin Trudeau

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I worked in various roles within our vaccines business unit for ~12yrs up until early last year. My company is deeply involved in the development of a COVID vaccine. I am very familiar with the regulatory process and the safety profile that needs to be demonstrated for a candidate vaccine to be approved. I also appreciate that like any substance put into a large population of humans, some will have adverse reactions and there will be variability in efficacy. These particular vaccines have such a high degree of oversight due to the immediate public health need, the speed at which they were developed/trialed, and the politics & media attention. My family and I will be getting immunized without hesitation, but I will likely seek out one that will my company is working on just because I’m more familiar and comfortable with our standards.
Can they mix a wee amount of dick pills into mine?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
"We're going to allow Canadian transsexuals to be first in line for the moderna vaccine. We believe the LGBTQ votes community must be protected at all costs."

Justin Trudeau
He's gotten so absurd, I don't even know if this is a joke.

M

member 3289

I wonder if anyone called DoFo out on this. The logistics of administering the 5 doses of vaccines we'll be getting isn't exactly a landmark achievement. Also, fuck him for playing politics with vaccine administration.
JT Money said u finna get 279,000 this month alone.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
JT Money said u finna get 279,000 this month alone.
Remembering that it's 2 doses per patient, that's 140k across all the provinces for the population of 35 million people. It's not exactly outfitting an invading army during a Russian winter. The system needs to be able to vaccinate the entire 15 million people of the province, if they can't handle the 50k (probaly less) that we get vaccines for it's a complete and utter failure. I'm just glad we're seeing some vaccines earlier than we were initially supposed to. Granted unless we keep getting these gift drops covid will be over by the time I see a vaccine.

M

member 3289

Remembering that it's 2 doses per patient, that's 140k across all the provinces for the population of 35 million people. It's not exactly outfitting an invading army during a Russian winter. The system needs to be able to vaccinate the entire 15 million people of the province, if they can't handle the 50k (probaly less) that we get vaccines for it's a complete and utter failure. I'm just glad we're seeing some vaccines earlier than we were initially supposed to. Granted unless we keep getting these gift drops covid will be over by the time I see a vaccine.
I believe the UK is getting around 800k doses (so 400k people) for its 65 million people this month. That's 0.6% of the total population compared to 0.4% for Canada. The problem is the time it takes to produce the thing I guess.

According to something else I'd read, rich countries have, on average, secured 3x as many vaccines than they need to vaccinate their entire populations. Canada is 5x.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I believe the UK is getting around 800k doses (so 400k people) for its 65 million people this month. That's 0.6% of the total population compared to 0.4% for Canada. The problem is the time it takes to produce the thing I guess.

According to something else I'd read, rich countries have, on average, secured 3x as many vaccines than they need to vaccinate their entire populations. Canada is 5x.
The problem is we're at the back of the line. We weren't supposed to see any vaccines until later in Q1 2021, but JT did enough begging to get us a little advance. It does concern me a little that the begging and buying happened before the approval process. That whole counting your chickens before they hatch thing. Ultimately it's not something that will prevent me from rolling up my sleeve, but I can't help but think the blowback of last week meant that vaccine was going to get approved even if the people who got it died of a heart attack an hour later.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
aren't high-value resources getting the vaccine first?

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Fuck no, you'd have to have a death wish to want to take it.

The problem for many people however is that you will be forced into self-exile if you refuse to take it. Therefore many people will take it so that they can find a job, or travel on a plane, go to a concert...etc

The rest of us will be living in Unabomber style shacks.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
aren't high-value resources getting the vaccine first?

Sure, and Obama says he'll take his on national television.

Except that we'll have no way of knowing what he's really taking, probably a vitamin shot.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Fuck no, you'd have to have a death wish to want to take it.

The problem for many people however is that you will be forced into self-exile if you refuse to take it. Therefore many people will take it so that they can find a job, or travel on a plane, go to a concert...etc

The rest of us will be living in Unabomber style shacks.
That does not sound terrible.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

Justin Trudeau

This is a great idea, after that they should then "vaccinate" the gypsies and the slavs.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I will be getting it soon and let y'all know how it goes. My hospital has ordered the Pfizer vaccine and the plan is in place for as soon as it is approved.

M

member 3289

We were at above 75% but I can still live with 68%. If 68% get the vaccine that is 95% effective that means roughly 65% of the population will be safe.