Winklejohn: Holly Holm Ready For Ronda Rousey After Miesha Tate Fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Although she’s only had to fights inside the Octagon, both of which she won, coach Mike Winklejohn feels Holly Holm will be ready to challenge UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey, after Rousey completes her trilogy with Miesha Tate.

“I think there’s a very good chance she might be the opponent after Tate.” Winkeljohn toldSubmission Radio, indicating that Holm would be ready for Rousey after one more fight.

Winkeljohn believes Holm has improved at an exceptional rate, and took the time to point out some of the accomplishments she made inside the cage during her last fight.

“Oh it’s absolutely great. She defeated the girl everywhere,” said Winklejohn of Holm’s last opponent. “She made the girl pull guard twice. To me that’s demoralizing that you can’t take somebody down because of movement, because of the range, because they’re scared to get to you. And again, she tried to get the same armbar that she triangle’d, that Jessica Andrade got caught in, and right away she [Holly] was able to defend it and pop out.”

LINK: Winklejohn: Holly Holm Ready For Ronda Rousey After Miesha Tate Fight

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I predicted this will be Rousey's next opponent, after Tate, on the radio w/ EricDehm @EricDehm. I don't think Holm stands a chance, but who else makes sense for Ronda after Miesha?

EricDehm

Aug 4, 2015
The 2nd Tate fight was Ronda's biggest challenge, and Miesha has vastly improved her striking. Still, it was the ground game that she got destroyed in both times. Holm would stand a chance if she could keep Ronda on the feet, but I have zero confidence she can. Who else? Cyborg maybe, but I don't see that going all that well for Cris for the same reason as Holly. I always thought Pena could be the dark horse that unseated her eventually due to her well-rounded game, but after that injury, maybe not.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
At this point I'd rather see a Cat or McMann rematch or get Nunes in there.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
As much as I want to see that fight, I just cant see Cyborg making 135 and I think Ronda & Dana don't think she can either.

Jonny Quest

Adventurer
Feb 12, 2015
Holly has zero chance beating Ronda, save for a fluke KO when Ronda advances. Holly hasnt impressed me at all. Her first fight in the UFC she looked horrible. Chalk it up to jitters. Her second fight she looked more comfortable, but not in the same Universe as Rowdy.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
holly will get smashed.she makes a lot of noise and throws punches from 6 feet away but does little damage. if she wins a couple more fights she is as good an opponent as anyone i guess.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Confused why she isn't a good grappler when she spent her career training out of Jackson/Winklejohn with access to Izzy. Weird.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Confused why she isn't a good grappler when she spent her career training out of Jackson/Winklejohn with access to Izzy. Weird.
Been boxing her entire life, and only been at Jackson's for about 12 months (I think). Grappling takes years to master. She can probably hold her own against mid level fighters in the division, but Rousey's a different animal. This fight gets to the clinch (and it will) and Holly is getting dumped & subbed.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Been boxing her entire life, and only been at Jackson's for about 12 months (I think). Grappling takes years to master. She can probably hold her own against mid level fighters in the division, but Rousey's a different animal. This fight gets to the clinch (and it will) and Holly is getting dumped & subbed.
Since 2007 image.jpg

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
^^^ Well I stand corrected. Maybe she's a great grappler then and we just havent seen it yet, because she hasn't needed it. I guess we'll find out how good she is, when this fight goes down. Thanks for correcting me OhWhopDaChamp @MelE5150

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
At this point, I'd even give Rousey the advantage in striking.

Holm is a lot bigger than most the division and has been training boxing forever but still hasn't proved that she can finish anyone in the UFC.

IMO she gets destroyed by Rousey.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
Holm hasn't knocked anyone dead in the UFC. Going through Holm would be like walking through a curtain for Ronda.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Holms will end up just like the other inexperienced fighters, 2 or 3 fights doesn't make you a title contender, that is why the Ali act needs to pass to MMA so the actual rankings would work like designed. UFC is getting almost as bad as the scripted WWE

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Holms will end up just like the other inexperienced fighters, 2 or 3 fights doesn't make you a title contender, that is why the Ali act needs to pass to MMA so the actual rankings would work like designed. UFC is getting almost as bad as the scripted WWE
R @Rob Maysey has recently signed up here. He'd be happy to answer any questions on the Ali act in the thread we have going I'm sure.

ejlarson

I like chicken
Jul 4, 2015
If Cyborg isn't going to happen, I guess Holm as just as good a victim as any.
And that is all she is. It's sad, but Ronda can/will totally destroy Holly on the feet. Her striking is awful. I don't know how it can be with her history, and her fight camp, but it is.

Last edited:

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This is an odd situation. I don't think Holm would beat Tate or Zingano. Yet Tate is scheduled to fight Rousey next. Assuming Rousey beats Tate (I hope not) then Holm will get crushed by Rousey without having faught ANY of the top girls.

easedel

Jan 18, 2015
Holm needs at least 2 fights and to vastly improve. I honestly think RR retires if she beats Tate. There would be nothing left.