Lifestyle Winter is coming, TMMACs ski/snowboard thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

You got snow at home? This morning has been our first real good dump. I’ve been in a townhouse last few winters so I’m off to look at snowblowers now. Shovelling gets old real quick.
We had snow but it went up to 6 degrees today and melted

I’m so excited tho, I’m getting an ankle replacement. I haven’t skied or boarded in years, gonna book a trip out west when I’m healed and ride some fuckin pow!

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
so stoked to get up the mountain this year. Kids are all finally old enough that we can drop them at the bunny school and bomb away.
turns are for bitches. I just steer.

trying to convince The Cmdr to buy a farm in S Colorado...i'm very close....if I can convince her the kids are born skiers, it's a lock.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I think this is the year I strap on a board and shred pow. My wife skis and we bought my daughter a pair. I skied a bit as a kid but never learned how to properly. I figure instead of learning how to ski again I might as well try snowboarding.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I think this is the year I strap on a board and shred pow. My wife skis and we bought my daughter a pair. I skied a bit as a kid but never learned how to properly. I figure instead of learning how to ski again I might as well try snowboarding.
learn on the bunny hill. go slow, learn to turn on your toe edge

because up on the mountain, you will feel pressured to make progess. and the easiest way is to ride straight, then slow on heal edge, straight then heal edge. and thats no way to snowboard

take the time to learn to carve on your toe edge at the bottom of the mountain. then countinuing learning on the real trails (greens ideally. blues maybe. no black diamonds)

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

because up on the mountain, you will feel pressured to make progess. and the easiest way is to ride straight, then slow on heal edge, straight then heal edge. and thats no way to snowboard

take the time to learn to carve on your toe edge at the bottom of the mountain. then countinuing learning on the real trails (greens ideally. blues maybe. no black diamonds)
Heel

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Skiing is easier to start but tougher to master. Once you get the hang of basic carving on a board you’re progress ramps up very fast.

ThisYT page is great. Watched a bunch with my kids before going up with them.

View: https://youtu.be/SQNc3VBOgEM

Last edited:

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

My kids liked to “tea pot” method. You familiar?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Along is easier to start but tougher to master. Once you get the hang of basic carving on a board you’re progress ramps up very fast.

dude, i love that dudes youtube channel. most of it is real basic stuff. but he seems chill. and i always watch a bunch of his shit in the weeks leading up to the season =))

and no. not familiar with the "tea cup" method. im like 40 years old and i hate. jesus christ

M

member 1013

Along is easier to start but tougher to master. Once you get the hang of basic carving on a board you’re progress ramps up very fast.

Are you saying skiing is harder to master? I’m extremely proficient at both but I’ve always found skiing easier and more intuitive at all stages. I did start skiing when I was six tho, and boarding at 15.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken go on a day with a lil bit of fresh snow on top of the groomed...not deep powder, just a lil fresh.

My buddy and I learned on an Icy day, and he got so beat up that he never tried it again
We were advanced skiers and tried snowboarding, I stuck with it and got really good and as I said he only lasted a day.

The ice will fuck you up when you fall, some fresh snow can make it much more forgiving during the learning phase of "catching an edge".

Your knees, wrists will get take the impact when you catch your toe edges, and your head will take a beating when you catch your "heal" edge. Lotta newbies fuck up an arm trying to catch themselves, so as these guys say it is better to learn going slow. The speed will get tempting but it also provides the force needed to really injure yourself if you aren't educated on what happens when you catch an edge.

Last edited:

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Are you saying skiing is harder to master? I’m extremely proficient at both but I’ve always found skiing easier and more intuitive. I did start skiing when I was six tho, and boarding at 15.
Skiing is harder.
I am good at both but I think it is more difficult to get really good at.

U ever mono board?

Ever try the snowboards without bindings?

Snow Angels?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Are you saying skiing is harder to master? I’m extremely proficient at both but I’ve always found skiing easier and more intuitive at all stages. I did start skiing when I was six tho, and boarding at 15.
I’d say that generally speaking skiing is easier to pick up but harder to master yes. In my experience most people can stand up and face down a lil decline and get the idea of what’s going on. Strap them to a board and go sideways not so much.

K @kaladin stormblessed amd Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken this is another great yt channel. Lots of beginner stuff too but I’ll post this one as it shows off Whistlers park. At leas some of one.

View: https://youtu.be/yozZfO-lzsY

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I’d say that generally speaking skiing is easier to pick up but harder to master yes. In my experience most people can stand up and face down a lil decline and get the idea of what’s going on. Strap them to a board and go sideways not so much.

K @kaladin stormblessed amd Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken this is another great yt channel. Lots of beginner stuff too but I’ll post this one as it shows off Whistlers park. At leas some of one.

i agree. ive only skied once. but i could immediately bomb the mountain because its natural for the body to face forward

supposedly getting good at technical skiing is more difficult than getting good at snowboarding tho. i could see that i guess

but from the jump, id be hardpressed to believe snowboarding is easier

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
i agree. ive only skied once. but i could immediately bomb the mountain because its natural for the body to face forward

supposedly getting good at technical skiing is more difficult than getting good at snowboarding tho. i could see that i guess

but from the jump, id be hardpressed to believe snowboarding is easier
There are levels to this shit

Takes a lot of skill to be really good at either

M

member 1013

Why is it harder to master? I’m a really good skater doe and I transferee a lot of my skills over to skiing

chicks like guys with skills

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Why is it harder to master? I’m a really good skater doe and I transferee a lot of my skills over to skiing

chicks like guys with skills
What am I a ski scientist? I got no idea. But like that fury lovin guy above I could also rip greens and blues with confidence sky high in my first season or two. Once you get into trees or powder those two skis are impossible to control. For my board I almost died a few times but once I learned what’s up I’m now unstoppable.

M

member 1013

What am I a ski scientist? I got no idea. But like that fury lovin guy above I could also rip greens and blues with confidence sky high in my first season or two. Once you get into trees or powder those two skis are impossible to control. For my board I almost died a few times but once I learned what’s up I’m now unstoppable.
K, first of all, yes, you are a fookin ski scientist bruv. You’re from BC so it’s a fact.

Maybe it’s because I excelled on the agility ladder but I have had the opposite experience, I like my feet independent. Did you excel on the agility ladder?

im sorry I’m being such a dick, I’m compensating because I’m a cripple that can’t shred rite now.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
K, first of all, yes, you are a fookin ski scientist bruv. You’re from BC so it’s a fact.

Maybe it’s because I excelled on the agility ladder but I have had the opposite experience, I like my feet independent. Did you excel on the agility ladder?

im sorry I’m being such a dick, I’m compensating because I’m a cripple that can’t shred rite now.
What is hurting on your bod?