Lifestyle Winter is coming, TMMACs ski/snowboard thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Step ins are back! I'm hearing great things too.

i did a march break snowboard school one year. rented a board that had the old style step in system. had to carry a toothbrush around to clean out the binding otherwise the snow would prevent me from clicking in lol

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
i did a march break snowboard school one year. rented a board that had the old style step in system. had to carry a toothbrush around to clean out the binding otherwise the snow would prevent me from clicking in lol
Ya the older style had lots of issue I remember. It's been about 10 years of guess since this style has been tried again so I'm hopeful that Burton gets it right like most there stuff. The few guys at the shops what have tested them seem pretty impressed, time will tell!

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I won't be able to make it to the mountains until january/February. I have to go to new Zealand uggh!

GSPTrainingInAPool

Dec 1, 2015
Nice! When I lived in Northern BC we used to attach a rope to the hitch of a car and get pulled on snowy roads that hadn't been plowed yet. Another town I lived was Rossland where it was very steep and there was always streets and stairs to play on
MAN! Always wanted to go to Rossland. How long did you live there for?

Jan 21, 2015
Just 1 winter, but I was injured for most of it, lol

We got too eager before opening day and some people had built a jump in the back country. I landed one on my knee and must have hit a rock or something because it split open real wide. I had to hobble down the mountain and hitchhike back into town to get stitches. I lost a good 2 or 3 months at least healing and missed most of the winter.

Rossland (Red Mountain) is great but its really gnarly, like its really steep. Its a tough mountain to ride

GSPTrainingInAPool

Dec 1, 2015
Just 1 winter, but I was injured for most of it, lol

We got too eager before opening day and some people had built a jump in the back country. I landed one on my knee and must have hit a rock or something because it split open real wide. I had to hobble down the mountain and hitchhike back into town to get stitches. I lost a good 2 or 3 months at least healing and missed most of the winter.

Rossland (Red Mountain) is great but its really gnarly, like its really steep. Its a tough mountain to ride
dude that is brutal! Lucky you didn't crack your knee cap or something.

I have't been following the red mountain too much other than ads i see on instagram lol. pretty sweet project they have going on

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Oh my...look at what I've woken up to. We drove up through a blizzard yesterday and it's going to be worth it.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I brought my kids up to the mountains for some fun in the snow. They love it.

Missy Cat

Goddess of Chaos, Violence, and ...
Jan 25, 2018
My personal Winter Olympics consisted of doing pizza runs for the family, treading through some heavy snow piles. I made it though and my family got their pizza. it as hilarious as i wobbled on one foot trying to free by boot from the heavy snow. my kid in the car was cracking up. (I ate two slices before getting home with it though:confused::confused::p)

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
My personal Winter Olympics consisted of doing pizza runs for the family, treading through some heavy snow piles. I made it though and my family got their pizza. it as hilarious as i wobbled on one foot trying to free by boot from the heavy snow. my kid in the car was cracking up. (I ate two slices before getting home with it though:confused::confused::p)
Is that Papa Johns? o_O