Lifestyle Winter is coming, TMMACs ski/snowboard thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
noreaster yesterday. this is very prelim, but im gotta get back to work because i lost power yesterday and i had wanted to finish a GoT video. dont know if i can even finish it with the time i got left today. but ill tag an improved version of this at the end and see if anyone watches my "game of thrones" vid through the attempt at snowboarding

Last edited:

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
noreaster yesterday. this is very prelim, but im gotta get back to work because i lost power yesterday and i had wanted to finish a GoT video. dont know if i can even finish it with the time i got left today. but ill tag an improved version of this at the end and see if anyone watches my "game of thrones" vid through the attempt at snowboarding
What?!

Missy Cat

Goddess of Chaos, Violence, and ...
Jan 25, 2018
FINALLY YOU ARE HAVING SOME FUN:snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowman::sunglasses::sunglasses::skis:
Dont forget gloves next time. You dont want those fingers to get damaged from the cold.;)

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
First snowfall in town is happening right now!

This season is going to be amazing. We were fortunate enough to purchase a little condo at Big White MTN resort which is an hour or so away from home. This weekend the renos should be Al wrapped up so it's just a matter of waiting for more snow.

Canada's Favourite Family Resort | Big White

Also picked up a new deck and bindings so I'm ready to roll, lifts own November 22nd.

Who else is pumped to ride?!

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The snow is flying here in kelowna.it will probably be gone by later today but its coming down like a bitch right now

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
What mountains to you go to for ski/snowboard?
whichever are easy to get to lol. West Jet flies direct to Prince George so been looking at Powder King. In Quebec i'd like to trek a little further up to Le Massif this year.

Condo @ Big White must be top notch, dude. That's awesome for the family!

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
whichever are easy to get to lol. West Jet flies direct to Prince George so been looking at Powder King. In Quebec i'd like to trek a little further up to Le Massif this year.

Condo @ Big White must be top notch, dude. That's awesome for the family!
I haven't tried Powder King. I hear the snow is amazing but ts not that big as far as terrain. If you come out to BC midweek I'd be happy to toss you the keys to our place. It's small (single bedroom) but it's mid mountain so full ski in ski out from our doors, pub inside the building and has an indoor hot tub and pool. Lifts open on November 22nd so we'll be up there every weekend until Easter or so. We're doing xmas to NYE there too so lots of riding time.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Every winter for the past 10 years. I've promised myself I would try snowboarding. I think I lose my enthusiasm because I know the first couple times are going to suck. How long do you think it would take a green as green can be beginner to stand up and take a ride down a hill. Keep in mind I am an insane athlete who is incredibly strong.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Every winter for the past 10 years. I've promised myself I would try snowboarding. I think I lose my enthusiasm because I know the first couple times are going to suck. How long do you think it would take a green as green can be beginner to stand up and take a ride down a hill. Keep in mind I am an insane athlete who is incredibly strong.
did you ride skateboards? long or short boards? Surf?

it can beat you up pretty good when you catch an edge the first few times.

If you are coordinated and fearless and tough you could probably learn it in a few days

It really comes down to transferring weight from edge to edge and that takes balls and balance

Haven't been in 10 years($$$ now goes to mortgages) but I used to snowboard hundreds of times each winter(had season passes)

I used to shred epic style...but I also used to longboard and surf

If you go I ain't kidding put a little pillow on your butt inside your gear and maybe wear knee pads...maybe wrist support also....I taught a homie once and he got beat to shit from catching edge and slamming on his ass and knees and the wrists take a beating trying to soften blow

very fun, especially in Powder

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I haven't tried Powder King. I hear the snow is amazing but ts not that big as far as terrain. If you come out to BC midweek I'd be happy to toss you the keys to our place. It's small (single bedroom) but it's mid mountain so full ski in ski out from our doors, pub inside the building and has an indoor hot tub and pool. Lifts open on November 22nd so we'll be up there every weekend until Easter or so. We're doing xmas to NYE there too so lots of riding time.
damn you living it up homie

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Can you ski? If so you'll have an advantage just knowing how snow reacts and you'd be comforacomf to hit the chair day one and avoid T-bars and bunny hills. I remember when I was learning my ass killed from falling and my wrists hurt from pushing myself up all day. I bet a guy like you could be up and riding enjoying it all in about 5 days out. If you packed some Costco dogs and fountain pop then I'd say two days max.

Come out west and I'll be happy to show you around and push you into a tree well.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp4dXTwlndJ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1xdso2dz4e70g

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Can you ski? If so you'll have an advantage just knowing how snow reacts and you'd be comforacomf to hit the chair day one and avoid T-bars and bunny hills. I remember when I was learning my ass killed from falling and my wrists hurt from pushing myself up all day. I bet a guy like you could be up and riding enjoying it all in about 5 days out. If you packed some Costco dogs and fountain pop then I'd say two days max.

Come out west and I'll be happy to show you around and push you into a tree well.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp4dXTwlndJ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1xdso2dz4e70g
That's the problem. I think I need to go to a place where I can snowboard 5 days in a row. I can't see packing up the car and making the drive to spend the day falling on my ass for 8 hours.
I skied a bit when I was a kid. We had a little hill close to my house and I bought a weekday pass and used to ski after school. I was shit though, never took a lesson just taught myself.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I was an athletic kid, but grew up rollerblading. Took me awhile to ride well, but that sprbably because all my boys were advanced already so I had to finagle the best way I could to slow them down as little as possible,and as a result, I didn't focus enough on toeside edge and carving

I feel like if you go there solo on a mission to learn, you should be able to ride slowly, but on both edges within 2 or 3 times.

Once you are comfortable on the toe edge, snowboarding is a dream. Cause standing isn't hard. And heal-edge is natural and safe

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Once you are comfortable on the toe edge, snowboarding is a dream. Cause standing isn't hard. And HEEL-edge is natural and safe
great way to describe it

I was decent after one day and like 4-5 runs...but I was already very comfortable on a long board and surfboard, although those don't require an edge in the ground at all times like boarding does...my friend who didn't skate or surf got so beat up on day one he never rode again(went back to skiing)

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
great way to describe it

I was decent after one day and like 4-5 runs...but I was already very comfortable on a long board and surfboard, although those don't require an edge in the ground at all times like boarding does...my friend who didn't skate or surf got so beat up on day one he never rode again(went back to skiing)

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Fucking awesome
Pretty hilarious. A bunch of people gather on a run and watch all these people ski/board down in bikinis, kangaroo costumes and shit and many are shit faced. The pub in our building is the after party that the photos see at. Special of the day a snag, is that an Aussie thing? Looks like a hotdog weenie on a slice of bread and that's it lol. I got the songs and fries.

Next year wife and I will be wearing bathing suites down I'm thinking.

Pretty hilarious. A bunch of people gather on a run and watch all these people ski/board down in bikinis, kangaroo costumes and shit and many are shit faced. The pub in our building is the after party that the photos see at. Special of the day a snag, is that an Aussie thing? Looks like a hotdog weenie on a slice of bread and that's it lol. I got the songs and fries.

Next year wife and I will be wearing bathing suites down I'm thinking.

Sounds very Aussie mate.

Snag is just a sausage on bread with onions...It's an Aussie thing.