Lifestyle Winter is coming, TMMACs ski/snowboard thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I loved the snowboard movies. We'd watch em come out before ski season and get all hyped up for first day. Everyone had their own stacks of VHS tapes, everyone had their favorites. I learned about a lot of good music through those vids they usually had great soundtracks

This was my GOAT favorite (even though Craig Kelly wasn't in in :D):
I'm gonna watch that asap. This video is the one I watched countless times. Awesome riding and great soundtrack.

Jan 21, 2015
I'm gonna watch that asap. This video is the one I watched countless times. Awesome riding and great soundtrack.

Yes! I had that one too. Its probably better than Exile for pure quality of footage, but Exile was one of the first films I had and claimed a spot in my heart for nostalgia :D

I personally prefer more backcountry freeriding films to a bunch of jumps and Damien Sanders boolsheet

Jan 21, 2015
Here was another nostalgic oldschool film. We especially loved it because amazingly it has a chapter in it filmed at Powder King. That was amazing/weird because PK is a really obscure little place and Kelly was our god :D

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Here was another nostalgic oldschool film. We especially loved it because amazingly it has a chapter in it filmed at Powder King. That was amazing/weird because PK is a really obscure little place and Kelly was our god :D

Everyone loved CK but a guy I'd see once and a while up at Seymour was JP Walker, loved how smooth that guy was. So funny to rewatch those old videos and remember how amazed I was at what they could do when you see how good the top guys are today.

Anytime you're coming through BC send me a PM and let's get some runs in. If it's midweek i can probably hook you and your family up with keys to my place at Big White and you can get some riding in.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
bunch of guys from work had our annual 'ski day' where we all skip work and head up the mountain.

Good time, but I only get up once or twice a year until the kids are a little older.
Did manage to make a high-speed flying snow angel, though.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
bunch of guys from work had our annual 'ski day' where we all skip work and head up the mountain.

Good time, but I only get up once or twice a year until the kids are a little older.
Did manage to make a high-speed flying snow angel, though.
Where are you located? Good mountain? It's almost 7 here and loft open at 845. It feels like Xmas morning.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Masato Toys @Masato Toys

Booking Big White trip tonight. Looking mid January

Cheap ski-in ski-out (but not too cheap, lol wife is coming :D )

Of course I can do my own hunting but thought I'd post here in case you had any last minute suggestions. Lodgings, deals etc

If you are there we can hit a chair or 2 together

thx
I'd say check here first.

Inn at Big White | Big White Ski Resort

Great location, outdoor pool and hot tub, little games room for kids, pub with good food, ski in/out...

Once you know your dates let me know and we'll try to hit a few runs.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
My second day out after breaking my shoulder a few winters ago, so im holding back a little. But getting more comfortable, and hopefully I can get in 4 more days this year

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Fantastic Sunday afternoon. Around -2 and mostly sunny with soft new snow from last night. 1E9BF7C2-3978-40F8-A01C-A432788C2D09.jpeg

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Faaaaack. That sucks man. First time breaking it? You in one of those bra type things to pull it back?
first time for this side. broke The right side 2 or three years ago and it hurt wayyyy worse

good ole Amazon prime. getting one of those brace things tomorrow by 10pm

thanks for the heads up tho. didn't know about it until last night from a friend. so hopefully this one heals better than the last time where i couldn't even do a pushup for like 6 months cause it felt like it was about to snap whenever I'd try lol

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
24 days later. Shoulder healing much faster than my last shoulder break. And great news is that we have got another 24 hours of snow coming on top of the best snowfall for here in awhile ... which hopefully helps extend the season as far into March as possible

I may get out there next Friday. My Greenlight is if I can do a single pull-up without the bone resnapping lol

20210201_132420.jpg