Lifestyle Winter is coming, TMMACs ski/snowboard thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Burton is 158cm and 5150 is 159cm. that works out to ~62 inches.

i actually did some searching about the 5150 brand. one review said "5150 is the armpit of the K2 corporation" so i think i'm going to pick up the Burton
I bought a mid level Gnu board couple years ago and it's fine. Any burton is probably as good or better. As long as 158 is tje right length for ya

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Edit. Had a gnarly fall as I bombed a street off onto grass at tje end. Sprinklers so I flew forward off tje board as it sunk into the soft ground and then skidded on my shoulder.

Pumped me up that I can survive boardIng :))

Last edited:

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Edit. Had a gnarly fall as I bombed a street off onto grass at tje end. Sprinklers so I flew forward off tje board as it sunk into the soft ground and then skidded on my shoulder.

Pumped me up that I can survive boardIng :))
Ah man!! Hard to ride out on mushy grass like that. Happened to me before after heavy ran.

Wheels just sink and you go for flying lessons

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Ah man!! Hard to ride out on mushy grass like that. Happened to me before after heavy ran.

Wheels just sink and you go for flying lessons
i was pretty buzzed too. so once i flew off onto the grass, i didnt "dig in" or whatever its called. i ddnt shft my body weight backward to counter the resistance

it was around midnight, i had on a dress shirt, and there was a car pulling out of my development 20 feet in front of me that probably got a good laugh =)

Jan 21, 2015
You can't go wrong with Burton imo, always top quality

I remember way back in the day I had a Sims and my brother had a burton. After many days riding we decided to switch and the difference was HUGE. Like going from a crappy van to some sports car. I was sold from that day on

Now I have to resort to renting whatever crappy board I can get but I will never forget that feeling and surprise, I really didn't think the technology could differ so greatly

Jan 21, 2015
PS: Anyone who rides a duck stance who isn't doing spinning shit is wasting their efforts. If you're not doing tricks or riding fakie, gat that oldschool forward stance. I try to explain this to people but no one these days believes me. That is not until they see me carving the shit out of stuff and leaving massive crevasses for the duckers to fall in lol

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
PS: Anyone who rides a duck stance who isn't doing spinning shit is wasting their efforts. If you're not doing tricks or riding fakie, gat that oldschool forward stance. I try to explain this to people but no one these days believes me. That is not until they see me carving the shit out of stuff and leaving massive crevasses for the duckers to fall in lol
I can't imagine not spinning and riding switch. Granted, I literally spin most days while looking at the sky. Spinning is a cool feeling

But ur so right for anyone who doesn't ride switch.

Back in the day, we used to sometimes run into my old comp programing teacher. And he not only would ride wirh both angled forward, but he had one of those old school boards witH a flat back.

His could carve like a mofo. And his board was faster too. That annoyed me lol

Jan 21, 2015
^ yup that's funny we also used to ride with this older teacher who rode the hardboots (like skiboots) and had the most extreme forward stance you ever saw. But man he could carve!! He always like riding with us teenage hooligans, but not so much on the bus lol

Jan 21, 2015
I still have my stance like Craig Kelly used to have. It sucks for switch, but I'll give that up for the ability to really carve and ride the terrain well. Spinning always made me dizzy anyways, never got the knack for it

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I still have my stance like Craig Kelly used to have. It sucks for switch, but I'll give that up for the ability to really carve and ride the terrain well. Spinning always made me dizzy anyways, never got the knack for it
All those boards you and K @Kaladin Stormblessed are describing are making a comeback as we speak. Retro is huge in the snowboard world right now and companies are making directional boards again with the latest tech and they're awesome. Thinking about it it makes sense. It's guys like us who grew up snowboarding and we're apart of the roots but now older with life experience and stability and lots of us are now working for the shops. It's no wonder that all the cool shit from our teen years is coming full circle at this time, I love it!

Wait until 2019 or so when everyone's back in hot pink onesies!

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
All those boards you and K @Kaladin Stormblessed are describing are making a comeback as we speak. Retro is huge in the snowboard world right now and companies are making directional boards again with the latest tech and they're awesome. Thinking about it it makes sense. It's guys like us who grew up snowboarding and we're apart of the roots but now older with life experience and stability and lots of us are now working for the shops. It's no wonder that all the cool shit from our teen years is coming full circle at this time, I love it!

Wait until 2019 or so when everyone's back in hot pink onesies!
lol you put it into perspective. that makes sense!

GSPTrainingInAPool

Dec 1, 2015
Didn't get the board. It was apparently 1 year old but looked really rough. Couple big gashes that he tried to cover up with wax.

The foam on the bindings was also really deteriorated.

Classic Kijiji, the guys little brother was selling it for him and wouldn't budge on price.

I'll still be skiing this winter. A board would have been nice but is not something I need. I'll still keep an eye out for a good deal at a swap meet though.

Thank you all your your input

GSPTrainingInAPool

Dec 1, 2015

Picked this up for $80.

was willing to pay $100 for it when i went to see it the first time. but like i said above, the brother didn't budge on price.

Looking forward to falling on my ass a lot this winter

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Picked this up for $80.

was willing to pay $100 for it when i went to see it the first time. but like i said above, the brother didn't budge on price.

Looking forward to falling on my ass a lot this winter

How about boots?

Jan 21, 2015
So jealous of you guys..! I am still stuck in Ontario w/ kids lol

We'll see what we can pull together, I'm always on the hunt for a deal in Dec/Jan/Feb to sneak out to BC for some powder. Otherwise its artificial snow groomers for me! :D

GSPTrainingInAPool

Dec 1, 2015
So jealous of you guys..! I am still stuck in Ontario w/ kids lol

We'll see what we can pull together, I'm always on the hunt for a deal in Dec/Jan/Feb to sneak out to BC for some powder. Otherwise its artificial snow groomers for me! :D
Me too man!! Won't be seeing BC powder this year.

Girlfriend wants to go to Costa Rica so i guess that's happening instead of BC. I'll try and get up to Quebec but it's not the same lol

La Paix @BirdWatcher I got a set a Burton boots as well for $50. I don't think they've been used but are 3/4 years old.