WME-IMG invites UFC roster to Las Vegas this weekend for ‘retreat’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
mandatory fun day? I think it's a trap. They're going to gather everyone and their families and tell them that they're all fired. And they're going to sell the UFC for 3.5billion

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The first time they had one of these things, they announced limited healthcare, dental, and life insurance. So it went over pretty well, in spite of everything.

Unless you have some good news to give the fighters though, these things are dumb.

Otherwise these things can be done on a much smaller scale at intervals, say with 50 fighters at a time at the fighters' convenience, and with a few coaches and managers in the mix as well. The fighters would be more receptive to it, and at the same time both the fighters and owners will get to know each other better than if you have 500 fighters in the same place at once.

The way this has been done has been to maximize the owner's convenience at the expense of anything practical that they hope to accomplish other than maybe a power display.
ACTUALLY....having a retreat somewhere fun and getting to chill out, listen to some presentation about your biz and then have some good food each night is really a great company thing to do and every one I have gone to has been a blast.

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
ACTUALLY....having a retreat somewhere fun and getting to chill out, listen to some presentation about your biz and then have some good food each night is really a great company thing to do and every one I have gone to has been a blast.
If you work in a corporate environment where you're in a cubicle all day, sure. This isn't what they do though. Their fighters. The ones who can afford to train full time are in the gym or outside most of their work day.

More than that though, this isn't like driving 2-3 hours to a lodge somewhere, some of these people are flying from thousands of miles away. I just visited Japan, and when I flew back to California and I ended up being awake for 30 hours straight because I couldn't sleep on the fight. It was fucking torture. I certainly wouldn't travel over an ocean and back for a "corporate retreat" if I had a choice in the matter, and even just flying from the East Coast to Vegsas to go to some business and motivational seminars sounds kinda "meh".

I'm sure the UFC will have excellent accommodations for their athletes at this thing, but it's still very different from what you're talking about.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The first time they had one of these things, they announced limited healthcare, dental, and life insurance. So it went over pretty well, in spite of everything.
Lets hope they give the fighters something to look forward to. Throw them some kind of bone, because right now it seems like morale is at an all-time low.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
How many guys are we talking here? The seating arrangements alone will be a HUGE headache. Fights will be breaking out in the seats, Diaz brothers throwing waterbottles...
I think this is probably like Planet Fitness where it banks on not everyone showing up.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I hope a bald mothafucka is punched in the face....