Woman files multimillion-dollar personal injury lawsuit against Conor McGregor, attorney says

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Sign up

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
4,042
7,719
1611081758371.jpeg

A woman has filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit against UFC superstar Conor McGregor for alleged personal injury, her lawyer confirmed Tuesday with ESPN.

Dave Coleman, the attorney for the woman, said the suit, over events that allegedly took place in 2018, was filed Monday in the High Court in Dublin, Ireland. In addition, the woman's mother has also filed suit against McGregor, Coleman said, in a smaller claim. The attorney would provide no additional details on the case. Per the Independent, which first reported the suit, an associate of McGregor is listed as the co-defendant.

"The matter is before the court," Coleman said.

This situation was the subject of an investigation by An Garda Síochána, the national police service of the Republic of Ireland, but there were no charges brought against McGregor and McGregor has denied any wrongdoing, the Independent reported.

"After an exhaustive investigation conducted by the Gardaí which, in addition to interviews of the plaintiff, included interviewing numerous sources, obtaining witnesses' statements, examining closed circuit footage and the cooperation of Conor McGregor, these allegations were categorically rejected," McGregor spokesperson Karen Kessler said in a statement. "The plaintiff knows the facts contradict the assertions in this lawsuit. Mr. McGregor will dispute any claims and is confident that justice will prevail."

McGregor, one of the most popular athletes in the world, returns to the Octagon in a main event fight against Dustin Poirier at UFC 257 on Saturday in Abu Dhabi. It will be McGregor's first bout since UFC 246 in January 2020. When asked, Coleman said there was "no specific reason" for the timing of the lawsuit being filed.

The New York Times reported in 2019 that McGregor was the subject of two sexual assault investigations, though charges have not been brought and it's unclear if those investigations are still open.

McGregor has had several run-ins with the law over the years. He was arrested in Brooklyn after throwing a dolly at a UFC bus after a media day in 2018 and he was fined 1,000 euros in Dublin court in 2019 for punching a man in the face at a pub, an assault that was caught on video.

ESPN's Ariel Helwani contributed to this report.
 
Last edited:

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
1,940
3,001
Had to be one of his sexual assault victims suing in civil court the way they said it was previously investigated. Idk why the chick's mom would have been there too though lol
 

Dick Niaz

"Be available for life to happen" - Bill Murray
Jan 14, 2018
6,942
13,785
This is going to be one of those situations where it is cheaper to settle than to go to court.
 

Cody

Losers dont have IDs in georgia
Jun 13, 2016
18,152
27,696
I call bullshit

How could this little thing hurt anyone?
1611094648298.png
 

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
13,821
22,590
This is the girl that allegedly had to have her tampon surgically removed from her cervix..I was wondering why Conor's been on his best behavior all week, makes sense now.
 
Nov 21, 2015
7,575
10,464
View attachment 25473

A woman has filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit against UFC superstar Conor McGregor for alleged personal injury, her lawyer confirmed Tuesday with ESPN.

Dave Coleman, the attorney for the woman, said the suit, over events that allegedly took place in 2018, was filed Monday in the High Court in Dublin, Ireland. In addition, the woman's mother has also filed suit against McGregor, Coleman said, in a smaller claim. The attorney would provide no additional details on the case. Per the Independent, which first reported the suit, an associate of McGregor is listed as the co-defendant.

"The matter is before the court," Coleman said.

This situation was the subject of an investigation by An Garda Síochána, the national police service of the Republic of Ireland, but there were no charges brought against McGregor and McGregor has denied any wrongdoing, the Independent reported.

"After an exhaustive investigation conducted by the Gardaí which, in addition to interviews of the plaintiff, included interviewing numerous sources, obtaining witnesses' statements, examining closed circuit footage and the cooperation of Conor McGregor, these allegations were categorically rejected," McGregor spokesperson Karen Kessler said in a statement. "The plaintiff knows the facts contradict the assertions in this lawsuit. Mr. McGregor will dispute any claims and is confident that justice will prevail."

McGregor, one of the most popular athletes in the world, returns to the Octagon in a main event fight against Dustin Poirier at UFC 257 on Saturday in Abu Dhabi. It will be McGregor's first bout since UFC 246 in January 2020. When asked, Coleman said there was "no specific reason" for the timing of the lawsuit being filed.

The New York Times reported in 2019 that McGregor was the subject of two sexual assault investigations, though charges have not been brought and it's unclear if those investigations are still open.

McGregor has had several run-ins with the law over the years. He was arrested in Brooklyn after throwing a dolly at a UFC bus after a media day in 2018 and he was fined 1,000 euros in Dublin court in 2019 for punching a man in the face at a pub, an assault that was caught on video.

ESPN's Ariel Helwani contributed to this report.
Damn wasn't aware of this. Any updates on the outcome?