Women’s featherweight gone from UFC rankings

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Did Cyborg’s contract expire after the Nunes fight?

Not surprised if they cut the division, the talent pool At FW is pretty shallow. And the UFC sure doesn’t seem to be looking for any more talent or trying to fill out that division.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
I'm not surprised motherfuckers!
Can't blame them after Cyborg lost to the Brazilian Michael Jackson. What a shitshow though from the start when Gerrrmane Dee-Randalmeenie just said here's my UFC Championship belt fam I'm not about that life...

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
TJ said he was a merc sent to shutdown the flyweight division, meanwhile Nunes quietly goes up and slaughters the 145 division

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Cyborg has one more fight on her contract.

Women's FW rankings were never posted, but it seemed like creating a division, or at least the illusion of one, was an option they were leaving on the table.

This is how it could be phased out: Cyborg and Megan Anderson have a fight in Brazil, maybe as the main or co-main of a fight card. It's a pretty big fight. On the 90% chance Cyborg wins, that's it right there. Cyborg's contract is up and Megan Anderson can be simply be cut.

If the fight ends in a draw or NC, then per standard UFC contract Anderson can still be cut and they still let Cyborg walk.

If Megan Anderson pulls off the upset, Cyborg's contract is still not renewed, but Anderson is thrown at Nunes. On the 90% chance Nunes wins that fight, unless it's an absolute barnburner then Anderson is let go.

If Anderson wins that fight, well, fuck, you might have to keep it going as a phantom division same as before.

But 99% chance you can end the division in 1-2 fights.

Flyweights will be more difficult, but I expect that once they pare it down enough, they'll fold all the remaining fighters into Bantamweight, and anyone other than Cejudo or Benavidez who really doesn't wanna move up they'll make an offer to release from their contract. And they'd have to iron out things with Cejudo and Benavidez individually.

The main reason I can see the UFC not simply folding everyone up into Bantamweight right away is because they have nearly 70 Bantamweights as it is. It's now their third-largest class somethefuckhow.

The Sound of Violence

Host of a podcast about mma podcasts
Oct 28, 2015
Zane Simon was the first I saw to point this out. Looks like they took it off either right before or right after the fight

T

The Big Guy

So they removed the top 3 from featherweight

Nunes cyborg anderson