Wonderboy reacts to @Karate Chops gripes about his fighting style

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
“Sometimes people say, ‘You’ve got to go out there and grit your teeth and just throw,'” Thompson said. “That’s never been my style, but I think I need to be a little bit more aggressive instead of counterpunching. There are other parts of the game I can go work on to keep my opponent guessing. Everyone I fight in the future is going to be like, ‘All right, he doesn’t do too well with guys that aggressive.’ There are going to be different techniques we can work on so we don’t leave it in the judge’s hands. I know I can say that, but I’ve just got to go out there and I can’t make it close anymore.”

Sometimes tough love is the best way to deal with people. Big thanks to Ted Williams' head @karate chop! for posting some truth bombs knowing full well that Stephen creeps here daily.

UFC's Stephen Thompson plans to adjust style, approach after string of close decisions

M

member 3289

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
needs to work on side-kicks to the knee if he wants to stop aggressive fighters.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
needs to work on side-kicks to the knee if he wants to stop aggressive fighters.
Right???

I mean look at Whittaker (whom he ko'd in brutal fashion ) Took the lesson from Romero ' s knee attacks and completely turned it against him.

No one does side kicks better than a karate guy. Stephen needs to go out to hurt people.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Right???

I mean look at Whittaker (whom he ko'd in brutal fashion ) Took the lesson from Romero ' s knee attacks and completely turned it against him.

No one does side kicks better than a karate guy. Stephen needs to go out to hurt people.
almost like he shows too much respect to opponents. he could likely destroy a lot more fighters if he was more aggressive and threw wild kicks

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
almost like he shows too much respect to opponents. he could likely destroy a lot more fighters if he was more aggressive and threw wild kicks
yep but he takes very little damage...more risky styles end up with cut up faces...I agree he could have more finishes and highlights if he let go a bit more...but that is his skillset and he does it very very well.

I do prefer an aggressive fighter like prime Shogun types

I have grown to really love and appreciate the skillset and composure wonder boy has...one of a kind fighter IMO