workout room done!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Very nice!

I embedded the vid in your post, hope that's ok

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Nice work PJ

Im thinking about getting a home set up when we buy a new house. Older i get the more disciplined I am so wont be to waste.

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
Nice work PJ

Im thinking about getting a home set up when we buy a new house. Older i get the more disciplined I am so wont be to waste.
Same here. I wish I would have started doing this 20 year ago but i was a lazy young man.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
PJ im planning on building one of these when we get our new place, I really like the idea of making a power rack out of wood cause a) I have shit welding skills and b) As noted they are more quiet than a steel rack. I have moderate skills in woodworking but you would only need basic to no skills to build this if you think things through and go slow.

Edit: Leigh @Leigh to calculate the maximum weight your DIY power rack can handle do you guestimate the weakest point and test its strength somehow before building it or the point with the heaviest load and test its strength? Id imagine the latter would be the back end of the rack where you rack the bar when squatting.

Im pretty sure I can build one that can handle more than 500LBs using Aussie Ironwood, not sure how to calculate it though. I found the janka test but its for hardness.

Last edited by a moderator: