World’s First BJJ Video Game Coming In Late 2020

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
The BJJ community has been waiting for this since the first time that an MMA game was released, but the world’s first BJJ video game, BEJJ: The Jiu-Jitsu Game, should be available to download in the second half of 2020. The video game comes courtesy of the team at Smash Mountain Studio, including their founders and resident BJJ practitioners; Luiz Eduardo Adler and Pedro Thiago Mourao, who are now in the final stages of development.

BEJJ: The Jiu-Jitsu Game is set for release as a mobile game for both Android and IOS platforms, the company CEO guarantees that it will be available for release by the end of 2020 and that it will be free to download for all. As the game is in it’s infancy, it’s unlikely to contain unusual or unique submissions that don’t actually happen in BJJ competition very often but judging from the footage that’s been released so far, the video game seems to have a complex system for both standing and grounded grappling.

Link: https://grapplinginsider.com/worlds-first-bjj-video-game-coming-in-late-2020/

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
I hate to be Debbie downer, but it seems like a risky idea to make a video game for a sport that no one watches unless they train, and it seems likely that the controls will be ungodly complex.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I hate to be Debbie downer, but it seems like a risky idea to make a video game for a sport that no one watches unless they train, and it seems likely that the controls will be ungodly complex.
It seems like it's kind of a card game as far as controls.
But you nailed it, very risky for such a niche market.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
better to practice real jujitsu in that time trying to learn all the moves in the game

lamarclark09

Oct 20, 2022
So it happened. I don’t think so this idea is going to work. Then there are only a few people who are doing BJJ. Specifically making a video game for a certain number of groups always goes down.