Worlds training camps

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Have any of you ever gone to one of the World's training camps some of the bigger schools put on? I have seen a bunch of pictures/videos from the one Lucas Lepri put on in Charlotte and it looked great, and I got the benefit of catching a seminar from Jonathan Thomas here in Greenville as he traveled from the camp to Alliance headquarters in Atlanta. I am in Dallas this weekend for a Worlds camp that Carlos Machado is hosting. Just training with good guys who compete a lot should be worth it, and Carlos always has well thought out instruction at his seminars.

M

member 603

Have any of you ever gone to one of the World's training camps some of the bigger schools put on? I have seen a bunch of pictures/videos from the one Lucas Lepri put on in Charlotte and it looked great, and I got the benefit of catching a seminar from Jonathan Thomas here in Greenville as he traveled from the camp to Alliance headquarters in Atlanta. I am in Dallas this weekend for a Worlds camp that Carlos Machado is hosting. Just training with good guys who compete a lot should be worth it, and Carlos always has well thought out instruction at his seminars.
I have not, but my coach has told me of the good old days at the Gracie Academy back in the day when the World's came around.. He said that EVERYONE came by the academy to train, sessions would be taking place 8 hours a day with top guys going at it..... Sounded like an amazing experience.

M

member 603

Atto please don't spam our forum with garbage, we in the grappling forum have great conversation about how we train and what we do. Your passive aggressive ratings and annoying off topic posts have no place in here.

If you're still upset because I personally think that you're a garbage racist for publicly posting the N word in this forum, then getting upset when I called you out on it, can't help you there..... But continue the nonsense and I'll mention it to Wild @Wild La Paix @BirdWatcher Splinty @Splinty about limiting your posting in this place.

Enjoy the rest of your racist day

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
I really enjoyed the camp, and feel like I got a lot out of it- both from the instruction and the many rolls with experienced black belts. Eddie Cummings is giving a leg lock seminar here later this afternoon, but I have to get to the airport so I can make my flight and get home on time for work tomorrow.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
There are some beasts, up from Brazil, training at my gym for worlds. The intensity level is through the roof. As luck would have it, I tore some rib cartilage last week, & I'm out for a couple months. My life absolutely sucks right now.

M

member 603

There are some beasts, up from Brazil, training at my gym for worlds. The intensity level is through the roof. As luck would have it, I tore some rib cartilage last week, & I'm out for a couple months. My life absolutely sucks right now.
I'm sorry Brotha, I just tweaked my abs and connective muscle between my ribs and it had me down for a month of hard sparring... Tearing it has to suck.... Keep your head up, you'll be back to it in no time. Still go watch classes, it'll be beneficial

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
I'm sorry Brotha, I just tweaked my abs and connective muscle between my ribs and it had me down for a month of hard sparring... Tearing it has to suck.... Keep your head up, you'll be back to it in no time. Still go watch classes, it'll be beneficial
I plan to do that. I try never to miss classes, even when I'm banged up.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015

I know It hard not training but just rest. My buddy had a rib injury and came back too soon. Now he's out even longer. Ribs are weird :/ takes time to heal.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015

Since I started training I've had a few rib injury problems but nothing that has kept me out of training fortunately.

I would get this excruciating stabbing pain between my ribs. It used to even wake me up from my sleep.

Now occasionally I get it from time to time but the pain is very minor. It hurts for a second then I hear like a click sound in my ribs and it goes away lol. I think my body has toughened up and got used to all the strain now