Would Ngannou murder Wilder in a boxing match?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ngannou v Wilder boxing

• Ngannou

• Wilder

Results are only viewable after voting.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Even getting minutes of rest in each round, Ngannou is known to punch out...I think in a boxing match where guys are banging out 30-60 punches a round, landing 10 power shots, that it won't take long for Francis to punch out, drop his hands, and get bodied. And let's remember that these guys are chucking around gloves that weigh 2.5X what Francis is normally throwing.

That's not just conditioning, that's a different type of muscle development. He won't turn that corner unless he spends a year or two exclusively boxing.
Wilder confirms Fury III, rues 40-pound costume

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Maybe if Wilder wears that 40 pound costume to the ring Francis would have a chance...Mr.No execuses keeps em coming and this takes the cake. So yea this answers the question if he'll improve his weaknesses..It was all his costumes fault.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
For the record although I'd bet money on Nagannou if they fought because the odds should be astronomically against him (unless MMA fans bet him down like they did Conor against Floyd).

But the only fights I have any interest in watching Francis have are against Brock, or Jon Jones.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
BeardOfKnowledge @JonJonesBeard

I think longer rounds are possible but the UFC would have to be the people to push hard for them.
With that said I believe the IFL had 4 minute rounds if I remember right. I think if we’re staying with the 10 point must then I could go with 7x4 championship fight and 5x4 non title. Anything less than 4 becomes a huge disadvantage for grapplers and starts to feel amateur.

my preference as I said on the show would be going back to one 30 minute round and one 15 or 20 minute for regular bouts. I’d like to hear someone explain how fighters getting up to 4 one minute breaks helps their health. I think a lot of the 15 and 25 minute grueling fights would magically start ending around the 10 minute mark.
i like the idea of 2 rounds of 10m each, with a 5m 'overtime' if the fighters split the first 2 rounds.
i think the scores should be shown after each round, and i think they should stand up fighters if they don't advance position or attempt a sub every 30s/60s/whatever. I don't ambiguous stand-ups like we see today.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
i like the idea of 2 rounds of 10m each, with a 5m 'overtime' if the fighters split the first 2 rounds.
i think the scores should be shown after each round, and i think they should stand up fighters if they don't advance position or attempt a sub every 30s/60s/whatever. I don't ambiguous stand-ups like we see today.
That seems like a lot of ideas that run counter to each other.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
how so? what ideas are running counter?
Generally people want longer rounds to encourage natural progression of the fight as oppose to tailoring it to being fan friendly, but manadatory standups/restarts would run counter to that. The idea of showing the score between rounds will also alter the fight in unnatural ways, and unfortunately likely result in people being inactive in order to protect wins in later rounds.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
BeardOfKnowledge @JonJonesBeard

I think longer rounds are possible but the UFC would have to be the people to push hard for them.
With that said I believe the IFL had 4 minute rounds if I remember right. I think if we’re staying with the 10 point must then I could go with 7x4 championship fight and 5x4 non title. Anything less than 4 becomes a huge disadvantage for grapplers and starts to feel amateur.

my preference as I said on the show would be going back to one 30 minute round and one 15 or 20 minute for regular bouts. I’d like to hear someone explain how fighters getting up to 4 one minute breaks helps their health. I think a lot of the 15 and 25 minute grueling fights would magically start ending around the 10 minute mark.

I actually think the fights should be made shorter.

Remember, this is "fighting, as real as it gets".

When you see a social media post of a street fight, you watch it and you're entertained. There's passion. There's URGENCY.

Professional fighting lacks urgency, and sometimes passion as well.

I want professional fighting to be more like a fight than a sport.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Generally people want longer rounds to encourage natural progression of the fight as oppose to tailoring it to being fan friendly, but manadatory standups/restarts would run counter to that. The idea of showing the score between rounds will also alter the fight in unnatural ways, and unfortunately likely result in people being inactive in order to protect wins in later rounds.
there's only 2 rounds, so taking the 2nd round off just means that you're going to have to win the 5m Overtime. Showing the score definitely increases the urgency dramatically for one fighter, and makes it clear who has the incentive to come forward. It should help remove the ambiguity of who is bringing the fight and who is shutting it down.

But I get your point about the stand-ups. I don't like that the stand-up is so discretionary, but anything that can effectively dictate stand-up would lose the nuances of grappling.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
there's only 2 rounds, so taking the 2nd round off just means that you're going to have to win the 5m Overtime.
Unless you score a couple good shots and an early takedown in that overtime.

Showing the score definitely increases the urgency dramatically for one fighter
How many times have we seen fights where going into the last round the coach has told his fighter "You need to finish this fight because you're behind on the cards." only to then watch the fighter go into the round with no sense of urgency at all? Shit, just look back to the Reyes/Jones decision. Everyone knew that fight was super close, and neither fighter had any interest in taking out of the judges hands.

I don't like that the stand-up is so discretionary, but anything that can effectively dictate stand-up would lose the nuances of grappling.
I don't think there should be standups or separations at all. Inactivity is a penalty and should be enforced. If a figher is doing nothing to advance their position, give them a warning, then start taking points.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Unless you score a couple good shots and an early takedown in that overtime.

How many times have we seen fights where going into the last round the coach has told his fighter "You need to finish this fight because you're behind on the cards." only to then watch the fighter go into the round with no sense of urgency at all? Shit, just look back to the Reyes/Jones decision. Everyone knew that fight was super close, and neither fighter had any interest in taking out of the judges hands.

I don't think there should be standups or separations at all. Inactivity is a penalty and should be enforced. If a figher is doing nothing to advance their position, give them a warning, then start taking points.
i like stalling penalties. But nothing is going to make guys engage who don't want to...short of taking points. And gamblers don't like that. :)
but at least when the coach says "you need to win this next round" the fighter (and everybody watching) know that it's more than a coach's opinion. It's got all the fo'shos.

so if a guy thinks he's got it won, you really stop him from coasting, and I don't know that you should. Fighting with a defensive mindset is a strategic choice, and definitely part of the game.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
so if a guy thinks he's got it won, you really stop him from coasting, and I don't know that you should. Fighting with a defensive mindset is a strategic choice, and definitely part of the game.
I'm a little confused by this thought. If you're kot sure that coasting should be discouraged that runs counter to the idea the whole concept of showing scores between rounds.

Personally, I think I like the idea of the fight being scored overall at the conclusion of the fight.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I'm a little confused by this thought. If you're kot sure that coasting should be discouraged that runs counter to the idea the whole concept of showing scores between rounds.

Personally, I think I like the idea of the fight being scored overall at the conclusion of the fight.
fighting defensively isn't the same as refusing to engage.
If you're backing up and not striking, you're running.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Wilder floored Tyson Fury while Fury was fighting a safe style to avoid such a thing. This isn't a question. Wilder schools and hurts Francis.