Wrestlemania 31 Live Discussion Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
This subforum has been pretty dead. Seemed there would be more discussion considering the avatar thing. Anyone else watching Wrestlemania 31 tonight? Pre-show is underway with the main card starting at 7 PM EST.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah, it was a pretty good match considering how old Sting is. If they give the strap to Roman Reigns tonight, WWE is going to lose a lot of fans. Their booking as of late has been atrocious.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I'm kind of watching, thought it was shitty not to give Sting a win at WM since he's old as shit.....but that's HHH were talking about, too much ego for that. Decent match otherwise.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Yeah, it was a pretty good match considering how old Sting is. If they give the strap to Roman Reigns tonight, WWE is going to lose a lot of fans. Their booking as of late has been atrocious.
Sting needs to go to bosleys and get a hair transplant and then he will be good to go lol. Yeah the wwe bookings, wrestlers, storylines are all just terrible

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I'm kind of watching, thought it was shitty not to give Sting a win at WM since he's old as shit.....but that's HHH were talking about, too much ego for that. Decent match otherwise.
He is only 56 actually looks decent for that except his hair.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
lol, so Rock is doing a promo with HHH and Steph McMahon and he brings Ronda Rousey into the ring. Looks like a setup for mixed gender match...

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
What's going on now?
It was pretty tame, but Rousey got on the mic and said any ring she steps in is her ring. Then she tossed HHH around and put Stephanie McMahon in a standing shoulder lock. Just a little Wrestlemania promo. Doubt it will amount to any other appearances.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Jesus, WWE has gone full retard. Can't they develop any new stars?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
No, no they can not.
What is up with that? I haven't followed wrestling in probably 15 years...but a lot of the same stars when I was watching then, are still the same one's today (Undertaker, The Rock, Brock, etc). Why can't they develop new stars? Maybe they need to put ego's aside and call Heyman & Cornette.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
We spoke too soon. That main event was booked perfectly. Brock looked like a monster and wasn't pinned. Reigns took his beating like a champ. Seth Rollins cashes in his title contract mid-match which makes it a triple-thread match and he wins the belt. Pretty good swerve if you ask me.

Looking forward to tomorrow's RAW. RAW after Mania is always the best show of the year. Nothing better than a crowd full of smarks.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Are all of these guys off roids now? That's one thing that I've noticed.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
What is up with that? I haven't followed wrestling in probably 15 years...but a lot of the same stars when I was watching then, are still the same one's today (Undertaker, The Rock, Brock, etc). Why can't they develop new stars? Maybe they need to put ego's aside and call Heyman & Cornette.
The problem is that they bury talent as soon as they start gaining recognition. They did it with Fandango, they did it with Daniel Bryan, they did it with CM Punk, they did it to Cesaro, they did it to Damien Sandow, they did it to Zach Ryder, etc, etc, etc. As soon as the fans really get behind a wrestler that isn't booked to be a top talent, the writers intentionally ruin it for some reason. The idea is that Vince doesn't want things to become popular outside of his creative control

This will all change slowly as HHH takes over the company. He's doing an amazing job with NXT. I have no doubt that pro wrestling is in the beginning stages of a transition for the better. The more creative control HHH has, the better off the company will be. Vince just needs to check his ego and realize that.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
We spoke too soon. That main event was booked perfectly. Brock looked like a monster and wasn't pinned. Reigns took his beating like a champ. Seth Rollins cashes in his title contract mid-match which makes it a triple-thread match and he wins the belt. Pretty good swerve if you ask me.

Looking forward to tomorrow's RAW. RAW after Mania is always the best show of the year. Nothing better than a crowd full of smarks.
That's the best piece of writing wwe has done in ages imo.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The problem is that they bury talent as soon as they start gaining recognition. They did it with Fandango, they did it with Daniel Bryan, they did it with CM Punk, they did it to Cesaro, they did it to Damien Sandow, they did it to Zach Ryder, etc, etc, etc. As soon as the fans really get behind a wrestler that isn't booked to be a top talent, the writers intentionally ruin it for some reason. The idea is that Vince doesn't want things to become popular outside of his creative control

This will all change slowly as HHH takes over the company. He's doing an amazing job with NXT. I have no doubt that pro wrestling is in the beginning stages of a transition for the better. The more creative control HHH has, the better off the company will be. Vince just needs to check his ego and realize that.
Why is Vince doing that though? Because he doesn't want to have to pay guys?