Wrestler appreciation thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Better off with real wrestlers

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Wrestlers = tough as hell
I always love how ppl are always mad at the wrestler when they should be mad at the guy getting taken down repeatedly..if the opponents were to stuff takedowns and KO the wrestler the fight wouldn't be boring..I get that all fighters aren't exciting but let's not act like Blaydes hasn't finished anybody.. He's got 6 finishes in 10 wins.. He's usually more active on top and imho the only "boring" fight he's had..ppl hatin in him for " gassing" don't realize how hard it is to get that many takedowns and not stop over 25 minutes straight especially at HW.. He needs to evolve on his feet and that'll help him tremendously.. And I'm bias cuz we talk from time to time and he's a very nice guy that deserves to be where he is and don't think everyone piling on the disdain will do any good..ppl were complaining to me about his performance cuz I told the community about him before he was ever in the UFC and said he would be a contender.. I'll continue to support him and defend "boring" wrestlers except James nakashima cuz he makes Shields look exciting.. All I can do is tell those bitter fans to to root for fighters that can stop TDs..I think the fight was boring from the 4th on obviously but I stand behind the fact that taking worldclass fighters down that many times and I'm that manner is impressive to me and entertaining..I know what it takes to do what he does and it might not be the easiest in the eyes for some but I challenge anybody to get a partner.. Then take them down in a drill scenario without your partner even defending and see how hard it is..I guarantee by the 7th if that they will be tired.. And I get that they're not pro fighters and shouldn't be able but at the same time it's easy for ppl that have never done it, criticize and they're entitled to but don't act like it's the worst thing they ever seen or the need to tell me how disgusted they were when I can't help it.. Also remember this, you know you're doing something right when you have a bad night and still win..

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I always love how ppl are always mad at the wrestler when they should be mad at the guy getting taken down repeatedly..if the opponents were to stuff takedowns and KO the wrestler the fight wouldn't be boring..I get that all fighters aren't exciting but let's not act like Blaydes hasn't finished anybody.. He's got 6 finishes in 10 wins.. He's usually more active on top and imho the only "boring" fight he's had..ppl hatin in him for " gassing" don't realize how hard it is to get that many takedowns and not stop over 25 minutes straight especially at HW.. He needs to evolve on his feet and that'll help him tremendously.. And I'm bias cuz we talk from time to time and he's a very nice guy that deserves to be where he is and don't think everyone piling on the disdain will do any good..ppl were complaining to me about his performance cuz I told the community about him before he was ever in the UFC and said he would be a contender.. I'll continue to support him and defend "boring" wrestlers except James nakashima cuz he makes Shields look exciting.. All I can do is tell those bitter fans to to root for fighters that can stop TDs..I think the fight was boring from the 4th on obviously but I stand behind the fact that taking worldclass fighters down that many times and I'm that manner is impressive to me and entertaining..I know what it takes to do what he does and it might not be the easiest in the eyes for some but I challenge anybody to get a partner.. Then take them down in a drill scenario without your partner even defending and see how hard it is..I guarantee by the 7th if that they will be tired.. And I get that they're not pro fighters and shouldn't be able but at the same time it's easy for ppl that have never done it, criticize and they're entitled to but don't act like it's the worst thing they ever seen or the need to tell me how disgusted they were when I can't help it.. Also remember this, you know you're doing something right when you have a bad night and still win..
GSP is the one that solidified my position on this. I was (am) such a big fan that I would get annoyed when people complained that his fights were boring. The fact is, the dude was so good he was able to use his incredible wresting and top control to dominate. I never understood why the person imparting their will in a fight would be criticized. It’s on the other person to figure a way to play to their own strengths so they can impart their will.
That said I don’t fault people for deciding not to tune in to slower paced fights. That is the risk someone like Blaydes takes - he may rack up the wins, but won’t get a promotional push or leverage in future contract negotiations if he can’t bring in the viewers. To each their own, but there are consequences.

Last edited:
M

member 3289

GSP is the one that solidified my position on this. I was (am) such a big fan that I would get annoyed when people complained that his fights were boring. The fact is, the dude was so good he was able to use his incredible wresting and top control to dominate. I never understood why the person imparting their will in a fight would be criticized. It’s on the other person to figure a way to play to their own strengths so they can impart their will.
That said I don’t fault people for deciding not to tune in to slower paced fights. That is the risk someone like Blaydes takes - he may rack up the wins, but won’t get a promotional push or leverage in future contract negotiations if he can’t bring in the viewers. To each their own, but there are consequences.
Didn't read, GSP was boring as fuck

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I dont get why ppl get offended by other ppl’s feelings.

If it was boring to them, it was boring to them.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I dont get why ppl get offended by other ppl’s feelings.

If it was boring to them, it was boring to them.
The fact everybody told me about it as if I could do anything about it is why I was.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
The fact everybody told me about it as if I could do anything about it is why I was.
they're just busting your balls since you're all about wrestling

people who appreciate wrestling are

other wrestlers, who's been through the grind and understands how hard it is to be good at

jujitsu practitioners, who's been smashed by a lower belt who is a good wrestler,

certain MMA strikers but only if they got taken down and pounded by a good wrestler
the ones who didn't get much pounding and got humped will most likely continue to talk shit~

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
they're just busting your balls since you're all about wrestling

people who appreciate wrestling are

other wrestlers, who's been through the grind and understands how hard it is to be good at

jujitsu practitioners, who's been smashed by a lower belt who is a good wrestler,

certain MMA strikers but only if they got taken down and pounded by a good wrestler
the ones who didn't get much pounding and got humped will most likely continue to talk shit~
Also Will Ferrell
2KBE.gif