VID Wrestling -Freestyle World Cup 2015 will be held in Los Angeles (USA) on NBCSports

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
USA vs Iran in the finals.

Pico will be in the crying in the corner as Metcalf wins gold.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Metcalf couldn't hold Picos jock at his age...

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Metcalf couldn't hold Picos jock at his age...
As a prep wrestler, Metcalf went undefeated with a career record of 228-0, won four consecutive Michigan state titles, and earned six junior national titles.

After its all said and done, Metcalf will have the more impressive wrestling resume.

Pico still has a year to improve, but the odds of him making the 2016 olympic team are slim. He is the 4th best in the weight class in my opinion.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
As a prep wrestler, Metcalf went undefeated with a career record of 228-0, won four consecutive Michigan state titles, and earned six junior national titles.

After its all said and done, Metcalf will have the more impressive wrestling resume.

Pico still has a year to improve, but the odds of him making the 2016 olympic team are slim. He is the 4th best in the weight class in my opinion.
Pico won state in CA as a freshman..win Cadet worldscand has a silver at Jr Worlds..He chooses not to wrestle anymore in HS and focus on Freestyle...What he's done at his age is great...Metcalf barely beat him now...Im just saying Metcalf as a teenager would have nothing for Pico...And if Pico continues to wrestle and wins gold in 2020 Metcalfs resume would not be better..But I hope Metcalf wins Gold if he competes at the Olympics and your be right...Just glad there is some good competitive wrestling among our team...Fk it lets have them fight in Bellator lol

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
pico won state in CA asca

Pico won state in CA as a freshman...He chooses not to wrestle anymore in HS and focus on Freestyle...What he's done at his age is great...Metcalf barely beat him now...Im just saying Metcalf as a teenager would have nothing for Pico...And if Pico continues to wrestle and wins gold in 2020 Metcalfs resume would not be better..But I hope Metcalf wins Gold if he competes at the Olympics and your be right...Just glad there is some good competitive wrestling among our team...Fk it lets have them fight in Bellator lol

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Hopefully with more visibility and TV rights deals, these school/universities start to see that wrestling is a huge thing and should NOT be getting cut because of budgets etc.

It's amazing to me how many wrestling programs have been dropped in the last 10 years. Sad. I'm only 25 and even where I grew up, there was zero wrestling programs outside of a few bigger schools that you had to live in a certain area to go to. No kids wrestling around here. The childrens boxing programs at the boys club and Y that I went to are gone now too.

Shame. Hopefully MMA, these types of tournies gaining some ground and more will bring these things back to regular America. It needs to be there. Sadly it's all about money, and I guess they aren't making any, even when it comes to teaching kids. It's upsetting

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Hope we see some of these guys transition into MMA as well...especially some HW's, because that division is uber thin.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Hopefully with more visibility and TV rights deals, these school/universities start to see that wrestling is a huge thing and should NOT be getting cut because of budgets etc.

It's amazing to me how many wrestling programs have been dropped in the last 10 years. Sad. I'm only 25 and even where I grew up, there was zero wrestling programs outside of a few bigger schools that you had to live in a certain area to go to. No kids wrestling around here. The childrens boxing programs at the boys club and Y that I went to are gone now too.

Shame. Hopefully MMA, these types of tournies gaining some ground and more will bring these things back to regular America. It needs to be there. Sadly it's all about money, and I guess they aren't making any, even when it comes to teaching kids. It's upsetting
Wrestling isn't marketable as it is. There needs to be some changes in how wrestling is presented in order for it to have an opportunity to succeed as a spectator sport.