WSJ: UFC pushing through to reach event quota, earn $750M

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
That also applies to those of us who are still having to work, or even people only leaving their house once a week to go to the gorcery store. Hell, it even applies to people who are just getting deliveries and not leaving their house at all. It's up to the individual to mitigate the possibility of passing it to others. It's hilarious to watch people pretend that this event will for sure be covid plagued and that anyone who goes to it intends to whore around after getting back from it.
Absolutely. I think about that alot. I worry that going to work(especially with what I do for a living) is putting my families life in danger. Lives depend on me being at work but there is that possible trade off that is not being addressed.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Absolutely. I think about that alot. I worry that going to work(especially with what I do for a living) is putting my families life in danger. Lives depend on me being at work but there is that possible trade off that is not being addressed.
It's addressed by you everytime you go to work.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
People who can step away from their hate of Dana and WME, are able to see that this isn't a more inherently risky proposition than any other variety of things that people, even under lockdown, are regularly doing.
True but where's the repercussions for taking the risk?
People are being punished for disobience. What's Dana's for organizing a large group for profit?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
True but where's the repercussions for taking the risk?
People are being punished for disobience. What's Dana's for organizing a large group for profit?
What laws is he breaking? I have a sneaking suspicion that it's none.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Maybe I'm wrong but I was under the impression ignoring social distancing and isolation was cause for trouble.
That's a big over simplification. State laws also don't apply on tribal land. You could make an argument that once they return home they should self isolate for 14 days, but they've probably already been told to do that and there may even be a law on the books depending on what state they're in.

People seem to want to ignore that the guy checking people out at Walmart is in contact with countless people over the course of a day, goes home, sees his family, rinse repeat everyday. Tony is going to the reserve for one fight, then back to big bear. Minimal interaction with other people, and no fans as far as I'm aware.

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
That's a big over simplification. State laws also don't apply on tribal land. You could make an argument that once they return home they should self isolate for 14 days, but they've probably already been told to do that and there may even be a law on the books depending on what state they're in.

People seem to want to ignore that the guy checking people out at Walmart is in contact with countless people over the course of a day, goes home, sees his family, rinse repeat everyday. Tony is going to the reserve for one fight, then back to big bear. Minimal interaction with other people, and no fans as far as I'm aware.
You realise the guy at Walmart is providing an essential service right ?

What exact service is the UFC providing beyond selfish entertainment?

USA will be the country that gets hit the worse and this is exactly why . Our greed for money and entertainment keep us the least disciplined in these situations

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You realise the guy at Walmart is providing an essential service right ?

What exact service is the UFC providing beyond selfish entertainment?

USA will be the country that gets hit the worse and this is exactly why . Our greed for money and entertainment keep us the least disciplined in these situations
You realize shit like podcasts are also "essential services" right?

I assume you also realize most people frequenting essential services are just there for leisure, right?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That's fair. I'm just blown away that given everything going on that this isn't shocking more people.
some cold bastards don't think their area of the country should be shut down
not naming names here, but there is definitely one here in this very thread

Lots of views on this quarantine you must remember

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I didn't recognize anyone.
trust me
there is one
me, I find it over the top for my region

I wanna see the event
I think all the fighters can make the choice to fight or not
Of course the best of medical will be on hand
hopefully pre quarantine and post fight quarantine and plenty of testing etc...

IMO the show must go on...I would rather sooner than later

Don't hate me fellas, just being honest yo
and I turned full heel on the last page if you missed it

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Everything else is shut down. What makes MMA, more specifically the UFC, so special that they get to circumvent the laws others are forced to follow?
japan has still been doing weekly shows of mma and kickboxing

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
The real concern is for the family members of everyone involved in the event because it can be passed so easily. Imagine bringing home a virus that kills your grandma because Dana needed more hoe money.
Or imagine it tony or another fighter gets the virus and their lungs get permanently fucked up and they need to retire. Or die/give to family lke u said

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
All I know is what little interest I had left in UFC is gone after this and I'm sad to see Jacare's name on this card.

Fuck Dana. Hail Bellator!