WSOF's Ali Abdel-Aziz says they may strip Rousimar Palhares of title due to his actions in Jake Shie

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

The World Series of Fighting may actually have had enough of Rousimar Palhares' actions after Saturday's WSOF 22 event.

Matchmaker and WSOF executive Ali Abdel-Aziz said on Sunday that he plans to go back to the video of Palhares' fight with Jake Shields, and if it's as bad as he felt like it was live, they may take action against him.

"You have to understand, I'm the guy who f**king stood up for him," Abdel-Aziz started in an interview with MMAFighting.com. "I don't know if you remember or not, but I'm the guy who said, 'you know what, I'm going to sign him.' If I go back on tape and watch that f***ing fight tomorrow, and if I see Palhares held too long, and did the eye poking a couple times, he might be stripped of the title. And Jake Shields would fight the winner between [Yushin] Okami and [Jon] Fitch for the title, and I would suspend [Palhares].

"I like Palhares, I think he's a nice guy, but I think he has problems. I think he has problems, and we had an amazing event, and he didn't have to hold [the submission late]. He didn't have to hold at all because he won, he tapped him. Let him go. Let the guy go... If I don't [strip him because of that], I wouldn't be a martial artist. Just because a guy is winning and he's the champ? It wouldn't be right.

"He should've let it go, and he didn't. We'll see what happens."

Read more at http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/pub...paign=buffer#.Vb5hn60Yeh1#ktIkL9XG6LSkk7iO.99

Last edited by a moderator:

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Sounds like he went to the same business school as daner

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
We should dedicate this thread with GIFs & pics of Palhares getting his ass kicked.

Let's kick it off with a hometown favorite, Mr. Nate "The Great" Marquardt.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I don't agree with stripping him.the time to punish him was in the ring by Steve mazagatti. Ali is a snake.he has ulterior motives for this.the eye pokes were bullshit but he didn't get docked a point.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That whole fight was fucked. As soon as I saw Mazzigatti in there as ref, I knew there would be controversy.

And Palhares needs to be barred from MMA competition.

EDITED to remove some name calling here. I understand everyone may like Palhares...especially right now, but lets stay above the fray as well please.

Thanks
Wild

Last edited by a moderator:

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
There is no way mazagatti should have reffed that fight.whoever booked that is a negligent retard.if fighter safety is a concern get big John in there.he might not be perfect either but he wont take any shit and demands respect from the fighters.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I don't agree with stripping him.the time to punish him was in the ring by Steve mazagatti. Ali is a snake.he has ulterior motives for this.the eye pokes were bullshit but he didn't get docked a point.
I think they should step up like the UFC and terminate his cheating ass, the gouging was bad enough

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think they should step up like the UFC and terminate his cheating ass, the gouging was bad enough
Then Palhares becomes undefeated wsof former champion.alibaba knows he has no one on his roster who can beat Palhares and he wont any time soon.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Then Palhares becomes undefeated wsof former champion.alibaba knows he has no one on his roster who can beat Palhares and he wont any time soon.
It doesn't matter this guy needs to be terminated and banned from competition until he gets the help he needs. This isn't a one time thing he has been terminated from the most corrupt organization that tells you something

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
What help do you think he is going to get that stops him from destroying peoples limbs?the eye gouges are fucked but Steve mazagatti should have stepped in.jake shields most effective strike is the eye poke and he said he would break Palhares bones if he got a hold of him.he has no right to complain.he kept taking Palhares down and going right back in to the same position that his eyes were getting poked in.he could have tried some stand up if he was smart

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Bad ref'ing imo and 1.5 seconds after the ref touches you is only excessive because it's Paul. Shield's crying foul is tiresome, I call it foul that he disparaged Paul's character for media build up. Threatened to apply extra harm to him but now that Shield's got a little extra it's a scum move? Blah

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
2 wrongs don't make a right, and accidents happen because of training habits or slip ups, whatever. Fighters can say whatever they want before a fight, but Paul Harris is blatant and indiscriminate when he's in the cage. It's pretty clear at this point that he's either malicious and he therefore can't be allowed to compete, or he's on the spectrum and there's can't be allowed to compete.

Either way he can't be allowed to compete.

Topsy

Jun 9, 2015
How about a financial punishment as well for Palhares? They fight for the money, hit him there, it'll hurt him for sure.
Not sure any of us would be pleased if the Boss docked you a huge % of your wages. Not with bills, mouths to feed.
No?

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
What help do you think he is going to get that stops him from destroying peoples limbs?the eye gouges are fucked but Steve mazagatti should have stepped in.jake shields most effective strike is the eye poke and he said he would break Palhares bones if he got a hold of him.he has no right to complain.he kept taking Palhares down and going right back in to the same position that his eyes were getting poked in.he could have tried some stand up if he was smart
None he is an idiot or he is mentally challenged. He has had the benefit time after time. Its time to ban him from US MMA

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Bad ref'ing imo and 1.5 seconds after the ref touches you is only excessive because it's Paul. Shield's crying foul is tiresome, I call it foul that he disparaged Paul's character for media build up. Threatened to apply extra harm to him but now that Shield's got a little extra it's a scum move? Blah
Ban him from the MMA he is a cheater and can without a doubt call himself the dirtiest player in the game

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
How about a financial punishment as well for Palhares? They fight for the money, hit him there, it'll hurt him for sure.
Not sure any of us would be pleased if the Boss docked you a huge % of your wages. Not with bills, mouths to feed.
No?
Dock him for what? Eye pokes that weren't punished by the ref appointed by NAC to officiate the contest? Or for refusing to let fighters try to shame him out of using his grappling proficiency to demolish them?
That's what I feel they really want to do. Make Paul so insecure about using leg locks/heel hooks that he stops the controversy by no longer using that technique. Every fight he subs someone and we are counting down to the millisecond how long it takes him to release.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I like Paul harris. He is just a simple man.

He simply fuck everyone up.

He reminds me of that jet li movie where he is a dog and his master let's him loose when someone needs an ass kicking.

He's like forrest gump, but instead of excelling at running or ping pong his talent lies in ripping people's limbs off

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Maybe he had a set of these growing up and that's why he hates people with good legs so much?