WWE Cruiserweight Classic

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
So is WWE's new thing to make the main roster look like the absolute worst product they offer?

MoomBah

Posting Machine
Feb 16, 2015
I wonder what the end game is for the CWC. New division for Raw and/or Smackdown? ...NXT?

I didnt know anyone in the tournament but i found the show entertaining.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I didnt know anyone in the tournament but i found the show entertaining.
Kota Ibushi is one of the best wrestlers in the world. If you can find it watch his Wrestle Kingdom match with Nakamura. I'll guarantee it's one of the best things you'll ever see.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
I'm so far behind on nxt and the CWC. Going to binge watch this weekend. Is the CWC all done or is it weekly?

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
To answer your question. Yes. The wwe's mission is to make the main roster look like complete And utter dog shit. This CWC is awesome so far. Watching the last match on the first episode and I am hooked. Wish it was over so I could binge watch it.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
To answer your question. Yes. The wwe's mission is to make the main roster look like complete And utter dog shit. This CWC is awesome so far. Watching the last match on the first episode and I am hooked. Wish it was over so I could binge watch it.
They need to sign Kota Ibushi (assuming they haven't)

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
They need to sign Kota Ibushi (assuming they haven't)
I hope so. The guy could easily become my favorite. He sold that super kick and code breaker reversal from the top rope like Scott Hall does a Stunner. Looking forward to more of this.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
It's amazing how HHH has the insight to do this and nxt. But Vince and Company can't translate it to Raw/Smackdown without burning shit down.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
It's amazing how HHH has the insight to do this and nxt. But Vince and Company can't translate it to Raw/Smackdown without burning shit down.
I was reading a rumor mill thing a couple days ago where when HHH brings a guy up, Vince makes his decision on whether or not to push him based entirely on his initial crowd interaction.

So like Apollo Crews, who's a good worker with a vanilla personality was immediately on the receiving end of Cesaro treatment.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Whats this cwc you speak of?
WWE decided to host a wrestling tournament for guys who are 205lbs and under (cruiserweights) This is unique because they are doing it with gurs from around the world not just guys from their promotion.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
This Cruiserweight Classic (CWC) looks so different from The WWE Product and has a old school intimate feel to it. Similar to nxt and old school TNA/NWA/WCW BUT, with the modern day production and top notch wrestling.

We got nothing but wrestling and no promos/B.S. People still enjoy watching wrestling for what it is. A show. I love it so far.

I think HHH is borrowing the positive vibes from ROH and tweaking them to be just different enough to work. Guy is a genius imo.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Also, buying up and controlling as much talent even if used properly is a classic WWE tactic in the face of outstanding talent elsewhere diverting eyes.

HHH tried to "borrow" Lucha Underground talent a while back and they said fuck off, because they know what will happen if they say yes.

It will be a great part of the repertoire so long as they care about it as a package. Vince will loves big men and HHH runs the Indie pipeline ship, so we'll see but control is always the endgame.

Aug 13, 2016
Cedric to me is the ONLY person who has stood out in terms of, dude can be on the main roster and be fine. Lots og other great "technical" wrestlers, but ZERO star appeal or marketable qualities. Vanillia midget has never been a more accurate description than watching CWC.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Cedric to me is the ONLY person who has stood out in terms of, dude can be on the main roster and be fine. Lots og other great "technical" wrestlers, but ZERO star appeal or marketable qualities. Vanillia midget has never been a more accurate description than watching CWC.
You're really underselling what Ibushi is capable of. If CA's match had been a loss to almost anyone else, he wouldn't have gotten that reception.

Aug 13, 2016
No no, I recognise his talents: he is an awesome in ring wrestler. But do you honestly see him standing out to a mainstream audience? With the language barrier, you need a charisma of say Muta, or more recently, Nakamura. Dude is fantastic, but it is wha it is.

And TBF, my comment was more geared towards to super vanilla like Zack Sabre Jr and his Maths teacher face o_O

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
No no, I recognise his talents: he is an awesome in ring wrestler. But do you honestly see him standing out to a mainstream audience? With the language barrier, you need a charisma of say Muta, or more recently, Nakamura. Dude is fantastic, but it is wha it is.

And TBF, my comment was more geared towards to super vanilla like Zack Sabre Jr and his Maths teacher face o_O
That would be where correct use of a manager would have to come in. I agree about Zack Sabre Jr though, same with Jack Gallagher. I really enjoy watching their in ring talents, they're incredible in that regard, but they'll fall flat in front of a large audience.

On an unrelated note, always nice to see a new face here. Welcome aboard!