WWE do & don'ts when it comes to press

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
The Tampa Bay Times has a list of “WWE Dos and Don'ts” that were given to local officials prior to the WrestleMania 36 announcement press conference:
  • When referring to our talent, we ask that you refer to them as WWE Superstars both for the men and women and NOT as "professional wrestlers."
  • As of March 2016, our female Superstars are NO longer referred to as WWE Divas, so please call them WWE Superstars.
  • Please refer to our company as WWE and NOT World Wrestling Entertainment.
  • Please do not refer to our company as “the WWE,” but rather just “WWE.”
  • Please do NOT use the term “professional wrestling,” instead using WWE or Sports Entertainment to describe our brand (E.G. "We have many WWE fans in the Tampa area" or "I have always been a fan of sports entertainment.”)
  • The WWE Championship or WWE Title are appropriate names for the title. It is not called a “belt” or a “strap.”

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Do not use Wrestling at WRESTLEmania hahaha
Vince is incredibly anal about these things & calling hospitals "medical facilities" & title shots "championship opportunities", but he puts no effort into making his story-lines make sense.
It is so ass backwards

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Lance Storm told a great story on the audio he does on Meltzer/Alvarez site.

he said he was given a promo to do about how he is a no frills type guy, etc.
he said that the whole point was he was a wrestler not a performer, but was not allowed to say wrestler.
He asked the segment producer to see if he can use wrestler just once for this promo because it fit.
Vince said no way and not to think about ad-libbing it.

A few weeks go by and they did the ECW turn where WWE guys that used to be in ECW turned & went with Heyman.
Heyman did a promo saying "wrestler" & "wrestling" over & over

Next week ...
Stephanie was in charge of ECW and did the mic work

:D

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Did you happen to see the Pat MCaffey video promoting his new show on the WWE network? He says Wrestle...Superstar and stops with a funny look on his face.