WWE PPV Pick'em?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
So, I had an idea...

I'd like to run a WWE league of sorts. Basically before each PPV everyone submits their picks for who they think will win each match. A correct answer is awarded a point, an incorrect one receives nothing. At the end of a pre-determined amount of time the individual with the most points accumulated wins. I might even be able to scrounge up a prize.

What say you good people of the Pro Wrestling Forum?

ChaosOverkill @ChaosOverkill RedDragonUK @RedDragonUK HEATH VON DOOM @HEATH VON DOOM Ryann Von Doom @Ryann Von Doom pattitude @pattitude @Alienator hit4me4 @hit4me4 Barry_BondsMVP @Barry_BondsMVP IschKabibble @IschKabibble

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
And I hope it's obvious anyone would be welcome, I just can't remember everyone who posts here.

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015
I'm game!
But, I don't follow wrestling like I used to.
I reserve the right to utilize the knowledge of my best friend's kids (who are basically my nephews - I'm their Godfather) as my up-to-date wrestling information resource! Lol!

Here's a twist, though, if you will (Dusty Rhodes voice).

Granted, a point goes to the winner. However a possible half point could go to the person who booked the match better.

So, ultimately, you could get win 1.5 points.
1 for picking the winner
.5 for booking it better than the WWF

The extra half point can only be achieved by garnering a majority of the votes from your fellow competitors.

Deux Ex Machina run-ins do NOT count!

What do you think, my friends?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I'm game!
I reserve the right to utilize the knowledge of my best friend's kids (who are basically my nephews - I'm their Godfather) as my up-to-date wrestling information resource! Lol!

Granted, a point goes to the winner. However a possible half point could go to the person who booked the match better.

1 for picking the winner

The extra half point can only be achieved by garnering a majority of the votes from your fellow competitors.

Personally, I don't think intimate knowledge is necessary. I won't penalize people for missing matches/events, or have a limit for how late people can enter the league. The more matches you pick, the more opportunities you have to garner points. The more points you garner, the better your chance of winning.

Although I appreciate your ambition. I think evaluating every match of every PPV as per the booking of each contributor is going to turn into a nightmare pretty quickly. Besides, at this point everyone can book better than the WWE. I was thinking maybe some sort of bonus points awarded for predicting a swerve. At this point it's still a work in progress though, so any input is appreciated.

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015
Well put.

How about the .5 point is only up for grabs on title bouts?

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015
We could even make a further stipulation that the same wrestler that you picked has to win, but you need to book it better.

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015
You need to get the win to get the point and you need to book a better (still within the storyline) finish to get the half-point.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm game!

1 for picking the winner

Ok I don't watch but am always interested in tourneya and betting, how do you mean "booked the match better"? What is that?

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015
La Paix @BirdWatcher :
Booking means deciding the finish of a pro-wrestling bout. If I'm the booker, I decide who wins or loses.For example, "Paul Heyman booked Sabu to beat Terry Funk in August of '97"

If you booked the match better, you decided who won in a more convincing/satisfying manner than what actually happened.

For the purposes of the tournament, people could vote on whose booked finish was better.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
If a card or whatever it's card in wrasslin is listed I'm in! Will have to do some research as I don't follow.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
Maybe Mania could be double points as it's the Spectacle. We could start with Mania but could say the Rumble is the start and December PPV the end. I know we missed it lol. I'll go along with whatever

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Maybe Mania could be double points as it's the Spectacle. We could start with Mania but could say the Rumble is the start and December PPV the end. I know we missed it lol. I'll go along with whatever
I'm thinking because Mania is the biggest event of the year, it should be the grand finale of our "Pro Wrestling Season" but I'm thinking this year, because it's freaking Mania, we might have this season book ended by Wrestlemania 32 as the kickoff and Wrestlemania 33 as the finale. Then going forward it'll start with the first ppv after Wrestlemania and end with the Grand daddy of them all.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I'll have an update for the interested parties after Roadblock this weekend.