General WWE star Glenn Jacobs, aka Kane, elected mayor in Tennessee

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Image copyrightALAMY/GETTY
Image captionGlenn Jacobs made his name playing the masked wrestler Kane
A WWE star who made his name playing "a monstrous abomination" in the ring has been elected mayor in Tennessee.

Glenn Jacobs, who wrestling fans will know better as Kane, won two-thirds of the vote in Knox County, beating Democrat Linda Haney.

The 51-year-old Republican ran on issues like keeping taxes low, improved infrastructure and "transparency".

He is the second WWE star to win public office in the US, following in Jesse Ventura's footsteps.

Mr Ventura was elected mayor of Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, in 1990, going on to be elected state governor in 1998.

'Childhood nightmares'
Mr Jacobs rose to fame in the mid-90s with his breakthrough character Kane, the masked half-brother of The Undertaker.

But despite Kane being described as "a monstrous abomination that seems to have been extracted directly from your childhood nightmares", Mr Jacobs believes his former career will be a help and not a hindrance.

"The thing someone like me brings to a race like this is, because of who I am, I can put Knox County in a positive light, nationally," he told local news station WBIR. "There are so many great things our county has to offer, and frankly the rest of the country needs to know about it."

His colleagues at the WWE were also quick to tweet congratulations.

View: https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1025190178602864640

It is unclear if the wrestler now plans to hang up his mask for good, in order to allow him to focus on his political career. He last appeared as Kane just a few weeks ago, in June.

Mr Jacobs, who also owns an insurance business in Knoxville, will be sworn in as mayor on 1 September.

In the meantime, Knox County's reporters are no doubt scrambling for ideas on how best to interview the 6ft 8in mayor. Luckily, at least one of them had a crate on hand on Thursday.

View: https://twitter.com/madisenkeavy/status/1025190210487742464

WWE star Kane elected mayor in Tennessee

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
I read about this a little while back. Fascinating.

I'd be interested in hearing more about his policies and the campaign promises he made.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
How could you vote for someone that lies about having such a horrible upbringing?

I bet he's not even related to The Undertaker.

Fucking, Republican scum!

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Image copyrightALAMY/GETTY
Image captionGlenn Jacobs made his name playing the masked wrestler Kane
A WWE star who made his name playing "a monstrous abomination" in the ring has been elected mayor in Tennessee.

Glenn Jacobs, who wrestling fans will know better as Kane, won two-thirds of the vote in Knox County, beating Democrat Linda Haney.

The 51-year-old Republican ran on issues like keeping taxes low, improved infrastructure and "transparency".

He is the second WWE star to win public office in the US, following in Jesse Ventura's footsteps.

Mr Ventura was elected mayor of Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, in 1990, going on to be elected state governor in 1998.

'Childhood nightmares'
Mr Jacobs rose to fame in the mid-90s with his breakthrough character Kane, the masked half-brother of The Undertaker.

But despite Kane being described as "a monstrous abomination that seems to have been extracted directly from your childhood nightmares", Mr Jacobs believes his former career will be a help and not a hindrance.

"The thing someone like me brings to a race like this is, because of who I am, I can put Knox County in a positive light, nationally," he told local news station WBIR. "There are so many great things our county has to offer, and frankly the rest of the country needs to know about it."

His colleagues at the WWE were also quick to tweet congratulations.

View: https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1025190178602864640

It is unclear if the wrestler now plans to hang up his mask for good, in order to allow him to focus on his political career. He last appeared as Kane just a few weeks ago, in June.

Mr Jacobs, who also owns an insurance business in Knoxville, will be sworn in as mayor on 1 September.

In the meantime, Knox County's reporters are no doubt scrambling for ideas on how best to interview the 6ft 8in mayor. Luckily, at least one of them had a crate on hand on Thursday.

View: https://twitter.com/madisenkeavy/status/1025190210487742464

WWE star Kane elected mayor in Tennessee
Want me to move this to the Wrasslin forum?

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
we had a politic forum at one time. it caused an epic shitstorm.good times
Seems there's still plenty of political talk.

I think Geek Haven should be merged into this forum. Just not enough traffic split up the threads, it seems to me.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Wwe star Donald Trump was elected president last year.

I wonder if hulkn Hogan will ever get elected

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
I preferred him as Isaac Yankem DDS....Still though, multi-talented guy having been a wrestler, businessman, dentist and now mayor, and all of this after being severely burnt as a kid!!!

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Seems there's still plenty of political talk.

I think Geek Haven should be merged into this forum. Just not enough traffic split up the threads, it seems to me.
let them keep their geek talk for their geek friends over there, I've already had my 8 hours sleep

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Glad to hear it. Glenn is a very smart dude with a lot of great libertarian principles. I'm sure he'll do a great job.