Sports XFL Hype Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Kickoff this weekend boisssss

Guess I have to go for the Houston Roughnecks due to proximity

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I only heard about this yesterday. In for LA, hopefully it'll fill the void Super Bowl left yesterday.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Broncos actually found two good players out of that other league last year...both will probably make roster next year

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
This is actually quite exciting. I'm busy this weekend so I won't be able to watch the first game but it sounds a lot faster than NFL

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I like this type of stuff...dudes will play hard and are hungry for NFL contracts.

what channel and day will these be broadcast on?

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
cause it is hard to compete with NFL and you lose money usually

He Hate Me got an NFL contract from that single season

Rod Smart was his real name
If it makes it into another season I can see it being a feeder into the NFL.

Real shame I won't see the first weekend but I'm bang up for the rest of the season.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
If it makes it into another season I can see it being a feeder into the NFL.

Real shame I won't see yhe first weekend but I'm bang up for the rest of the season.
haha fresh football fans crack me up
It will be a feeder, but it is already mostly composed of guys the NFL passed upon...or guys from CFL Canada league
One canada guy from the league that folded last summer made NFL team(broncos)

likely won't stay around...they picked baseball and basketball season to compete with

best move would be to run this league on friday night or saturday night and go during the NFL for hardcore Football fans to have even more football during their binge watching season

after super bowl a lot of folks are burned out and ready to do other shit....I will be working 30-40 hours per week more per month now that I don't sit around on sundays.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
It will be a feeder, but it is already mostly composed of guys the NFL passed upon...or guys from CFL Canada league

likely won't stay around...they picked baseball and basketball season to compete with

best move would be to run this league on friday night or saturday night and go during the NFL for hardcore Football fans to have even more football during their binge watching season

after super bowl a lot of folks are burned out and ready to do other shit....I will be working 30-40 hours per week more per month now that I don't sit around on sundays.
Oi! I can't help that I haven't lived here for all of my 44 years, I'm as die hard as I can be...I keep having to ask questions about rules and stuff but at least I try. And the questions I ask are because you simply can't fit all of it into a few years.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Can anyone remember that Arnie movie set in the future? It opens with some xfl guy breaking his neck

B.D.

Nov 8, 2018
Paying a bunch of college level has-beens what comes out to less than minimum wage for subjecting themselves to months of life-altering TMI's all in the name of a borderline-insane barely-billionaire....that's already fallen flat on it's fucking face once.

What could possibly go wrong?!

1 season. Tops. And it'd probably be more entertaining watching Vince set fire to the pile of money this will lose him.

B.D.

Nov 8, 2018
YOU'VE GOT.... NO CHANCE!!

Of seeing a positive ROI on this endeavor!

NO CHANCE IN HELL!!!

B.D.

Nov 8, 2018
If you're familiar with Vinnie-Mac's entrance music, that'll crack you up.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
the xfl tickets are very cheap here at the dignity health sports park I saw some for as low as 8 dollars.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015

they are also competing with the mls which the L.A team uses as a stadium

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I’m not usually optimistic, but i think this will work the 2nd time around. Americans love football. Popularity has grown tremendously since the last time this rolled out. And he’s not trying to compete with NFL, he’s coming on after the season when all of us are wanting more.