Sports XFL Hype Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
best move would be to run this league on friday night or saturday night and go during the NFL for hardcore Football fans to have even more football during their binge watching season
Nah. They picked the right season. They need to stay away from regular football season.
Friday night is high school.
Saturday is college.

College hoops doesn't really heat up for another month when conference tourneys get going and MLB is still over a month away. They picked the perfect time of year.

Put the games on at Satuday and Sunday afternoon and see what happens. I will probably tune in.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
haha fresh football fans crack me up
It will be a feeder, but it is already mostly composed of guys the NFL passed upon...or guys from CFL Canada league
One canada guy from the league that folded last summer made NFL team(broncos)

likely won't stay around...they picked baseball and basketball season to compete with

best move would be to run this league on friday night or saturday night and go during the NFL for hardcore Football fans to have even more football during their binge watching season

after super bowl a lot of folks are burned out and ready to do other shit....I will be working 30-40 hours per week more per month now that I don't sit around on sundays.
I don’t know. Last time around we didn’t even know it was coming. Caught a commercial for it while watching RAW I believe. This time around literally all football fans know about it through social media. The XFL subreddit just jumped to 20k members. I think a lot of people like me are willing to give it a chance just for more football. Hell I was all in with the AAF, but they had terrible financial planning. Gives me more weekends to cook and hang with the bois

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I don’t know. Last time around we didn’t even know it was coming. Caught a commercial for it while watching RAW I believe. This time around literally all football fans know about it through social media. The XFL subreddit just jumped to 20k members. I think a lot of people like me are willing to give it a chance just for more football. Hell I was all in with the AAF, but they had terrible financial planning. Gives me more weekends to cook and hang with the bois
I'm not even that much of a Facebooker but I joined a bunch of XFL groups yesterday and I'm sure we'll all chat about it on here.

It's nice picking a brand new team...at least LA is on my coast unlike Bills haha.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
im not sure how popular this is going to be . it is mediocre football with average production value . not very exciting so far

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
im not sure how popular this is going to be . it is mediocre football with average production value . not very exciting so far
Agreed

Hardcore fans of Xs and Os will enjoy
Scouts will have their eyes on these games

Casuals won't be too into it for sure, Rivalries drive the NFL and these dudes have zero history so zero rivalry...if some storylines emerge it will help

I think the caliber of play will increase after a few weeks...these dudes are rusty as hell, some haven't played in a game for 3-4 years

Right now it is pretty damn sloppy and it is painfully obvious why some of these dudes couldn't cut it in NFL

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Agreed

Hardcore fans of Xs and Os will enjoy
Scouts will have their eyes on these games

Casuals won't be too into it for sure, Rivalries drive the NFL and these dudes have zero history so zero rivalry...if some storylines emerge it will help

I think the caliber of play will increase after a few weeks...these dudes are rusty as hell, some haven't played in a game for 3-4 years

Right now it is pretty damn sloppy and it is painfully obvious why some of these dudes couldn't cut it in NFL
If it becomes a feeder for the NFL i can see it being popular.

It would be cool if they added a few rounds to the NFL draft and each team designated 4 or 5 players to each XFL team. They could even put a tiny emblem on their jersey to show which NFL team each player "belongs" to.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Rahim Moore just made a pick

brings up bad memories of when he cost the 2013 broncos(best of the manning bronco teams) their shot at 3 straight super bowl appearances

Ouch that hurts to think about about

notice the clock and score and lack of ravens timeouts...now I'm pissed again

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmRYZOuXHrA

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
If it becomes a feeder for the NFL i can see it being popular.

It would be cool if they added a few rounds to the NFL draft and each team designated 4 or 5 players to each XFL team. They could even put a tiny emblem on their jersey to show which NFL team each player "belongs" to.
good idea

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Its the first game, alot of these guys havent played organized football for a few years. Its been entertaining enough I havent turned it yet.

If they try to keep it small and give guys time to develope some team unity I could see it succeeding for a couple years. Jim Zorn covering his mouth all the time makes me laugh.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Its the first game, alot of these guys havent played organized football for a few years. Its been entertaining enough I havent turned it yet.

If they try to keep it small and give guys time to develope some team unity I could see it succeeding for a couple years. Jim Zorn covering his mouth all the time makes me laugh.
they are getting better as the game goes on

Defense is usually ahead of the Offense early in season as you know

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
I like this official review of spot of ball and the transparency by allowing us to hear conversation. Also didnt take 20 minutes like in NFL.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
they should have went 3 downs like the CFL and had a faster game