XMMA 2 here in Greenville

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I just realized this thread is like 7 pages deep. This has to be some sort of a record for a regional event
Doesn’t feel like a regional event at all. This has been a kick ass event since the very first fight.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
does the "one eyed dragon" legitimately have one eye? if so, how was he sanctioned??
I was not involved in the discussions around his initial sanctioning a few years back (I don’t think is was even in SC), but basically the process was he petitioned the AC in whichever state, and they held a hearing where he was able to present statements from a few physicians who successfully argued that he had demonstrated that he could perform as a professional mixed martial artist (actually I would guess this discussion was for his licensing as an ammy and then again when he went pro) despite having vision in only one eye. He was aware of the risks, and accepted them.
His eye does not present a significant risk to his life, so it was felt to be reasonable for him to accept that informed risk

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I was not involved in the discussions around his initial sanctioning a few years back (I don’t think is was even in SC), but basically the process was he petitioned the AC in whichever state, and they held a hearing where he was able to present statements from a few physicians who successfully argued that he had demonstrated that he could perform as a professional mixed martial artist (actually I would guess this discussion was for his licensing as an ammy and then again when he went pro) despite having vision in only one eye. He was aware of the risks, and accepted them.
His eye does not present a significant risk to his life, so it was felt to be reasonable for him to accept that informed risk
you sold me on your first response during the event last night. hes an adult and free to do what he wants. but good looks following up with the full story as you teased yesterday. youre a good man, ser

edit: you can scratch the "you sold me" bit actually. for your first posts reasoning, i was never against him being sanctioned. i was just surprised that theyd do it, despite how we feel