Yair Rodríguez cut by the ufc.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
that's crazy, not at the decision (very typical of Dana) but Yair not fighting and getting cut, he had so much potential, star sign written all over

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Well if he won't sign a fight what should they do.

Lesson here is

Sign the waiver!
or maybe have a thought

One of the most interesting dynamic fighters going. Just off a layoff. Speak to him like a human and find out what he wants.

Other organisations are licking their lips and he in theory should be clamouring for more dollars. He wins IMO. Got cut without having to do anything.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Good. I like Rodriguez, but we have enough too guys trying to dictate who they will/won’t fight. They don’t need the up and comers doing it too. The inmates can’t run the asylum.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Cutting him is probably the best thing Dana could have done. In other circumstances where people turn down fights Dana may just say fuck em and leave them on the shelf in the prime of their career. At least he gave Yair the walking papers so he can go fight and make that money at Bellator.

I suspect there is more to the story than just turning down 2 fights.

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
I'm guessing this was done to send a message to fighters that even if you're a ranked and highly marketable prospect, you better still play ball, because we still fuck you hard if you turn down too many fights, and we will do so publicly.

Although I'm not entirely unsympathetic to Sean Shelby, this may not really be the best time to send that message. Project Spearhead is still a thing, and this is sort of thing that might push a few people on the fence to sign an authorization card.

Also, the way Dana's tweet reads, you'd think Yair might not have been cut if he wasn't such an exciting fighter.

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Cutting him is probably the best thing Dana could have done. In other circumstances where people turn down fights Dana may just say fuck em and leave them on the shelf in the prime of their career. At least he gave Yair the walking papers so he can go fight and make that money at Bellator.

I suspect there is more to the story than just turning down 2 fights.
Dana White sometime makes decisions that are in part based on his emotional state at the time. Maybe he was already having a bad day when this happened?

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
or maybe have a thought

One of the most interesting dynamic fighters going. Just off a layoff. Speak to him like a human and find out what he wants.

Other organisations are licking their lips and he in theory should be clamouring for more dollars. He wins IMO. Got cut without having to do anything.

This is what a person with average or higher intelligence will understand, respect

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
In a way it's great news, I love Yair, but fuck you Dana and the WME, and the great news part is now and exciting fighter can go to Bellator and help out with depth.

If he ends up in some tiny promotion then it is bad, but if he can go to Bellator, then this is great. FoSho

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Could be he is having trouble negotiating with a lot of fighters because of Nate Diaz, and wants to make a statement. In any case, I don't think he would never allow Nate to go make money somewhere else. Then Nate wins.

View: https://twitter.com/Lowkingpl/status/994878457367748610?s=20
Front Row Brian is a piece of shit, what does pronunciation have to do with matchmaking? and it's not like Yair is coming off a big win, that fight with Edgar was even more one sided than Edgar's most recent win against Cub Swanson, he should've taken the Magomedsharipov fight.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
also if Magomedsharipov is just some Russian guy whose name no one can pronounce then what is Rodriguez? just some Mexican guy whose name we CAN pronounce? what kind of description is that to give to a hot prospect, or any fighter for that matter.