Y'all ready to see Jose Aldo take his third UFC title?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kristian82

Feb 26, 2020
Yan is great but he is not ready for Aldo. Aldo is going to shut the boy down, Yan will be champion but it's not his time yet. The book makers have got this one badly wrong. There are levels to this and this is the best underdog bet available on that card, I expect it to be much closer in odds by next weekend as big money from educated betters will go on Aldo.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Old man also is no young man aldo. He's a shadow of his former self

kristian82

Feb 26, 2020
Which of Petr Yan's wins was against an opponent that would beat Marlon Moraes (Aldo won that fight), Renato Moicano or Jeremy Stephens? Yan hasn't fought anything like the calibre of opponent Aldo has, much less an opponent as good as Aldo. I'm not sure why people are dismissing Aldo for this one. To be fair, it was the same when he fought Stephens and Moicano - they were both going to beat him according to bookies and forums.

Last edited:

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Aldo is this generations BJ Penn. He isnt as good as Penn but he is still head and shoulders above the rest

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Aldo can't kick anymore. That was his best weapon, plus it kept everyone guessing since it set up the hands, then the hands in turn set up the kicks. Now he is just hands. I'd love for him to win, but I doubt he will.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Aldo can't kick anymore. That was his best weapon, plus it kept everyone guessing since it set up the hands, then the hands in turn set up the kicks. Now he is just hands. I'd love for him to win, but I doubt he will.
I had noticed the lack of kicking for a while but didn't know it was a "can't" situation. I thought he was just going the route of Wandy, Chuck, etc. who all fall in love with their hands. What issue prevents him from kicking now?

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Father Time is a bastard. Yan couldn't hold a candle to prime Aldo, but not having any head movement as your body slows down is a recipe for disaster against these up and comers. I am rooting for Jose, but I don't think I would bet real money on him.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I had noticed the lack of kicking for a while but didn't know it was a "can't" situation. I thought he was just going the route of Wandy, Chuck, etc. who all fall in love with their hands. What issue prevents him from kicking now?
I don't remember all of the details, but I think it was a motorcycle accident several years ago that injured his leg or hip. He hasn't kicked like he used to ever since.

I'm sure someone else can give more details, but that's the nutshell version. That was such a huge weapon for him too.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Grateful Dude @Grateful Dude explained what I was eluding to. He was on a scooter in Brazil and I think he was hit by a car or something. I don't recall the details but his hips are jacked now, so it is seldom he will throw a leg kick, and when he does, they aren't the same leg kicks that he made a career out of.