Yamasaki considers retiring from MMA refereeing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

One of the most well-known MMA referees in the business might not be returning to the cages anymore. After a forced hiatus following his infamous performance at UFC Belem in February 2018, when Valentina Shevchenko dished out a lot of unnecessary damage on Priscila Cachoeira, Mario Yamasaki is now considering retirement from officiating.

In an interview with Ag Fight, Yamasaki explained that both the pandemic and his other businesses are the main factors behind his potential retirement. Although Mario guarantees he would return should the UFC offer him a second chance, he understand the chance of that happening is slim.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
He kind of just got the job done, didn’t he?
He’s no Mazacapicola but it’s tough to get praise from Dana

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
hope an athletic commission employs him and sticks him onto a ufc card. don't think Dana has the power to veto him.

but that said, he is a danger to fighters and if this is just a hobby, to turn up and allow people to get hurt, yay my fun hobby, then fuck off back to your well-paid life, pretty cheeky imo

maybe someone with a better clue, and a more focused attitude to the sport should be getting paid to take care of the fighters.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Jesus Christ, people are still hiring him to ref? That’s fucking terrifying.