Cinema Yellowstone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
Yeah, back on topic.
This is a pretty good series. I'm enjoying it.
As you may or may not know, the writer/director is Taylor Sheridan.

He also wrote Sicario and Hell or High Water, and wrote and directed Wind River.

If you haven't seen those then I would recommend them all.

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
Anyone see last night's episode (ep 7)?

Do I need spoiler tags?

They better not kill off Monica. As the most non-morally-complicated character on the show--the most pure, if you will--the show really NEEDS her to bring balance.

I think this whole storyline with her getting injured is kind of dumb. She needs to be make a full recovery and she needs to do it pretty quickly.

I hope that as the writer Taylor Sheridan knows the last thing audiences want is some long, drawn out recovery process for her.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Anyone see last night's episode (ep 7)?

Do I need spoiler tags?

They better not kill off Monica. As the most non-morally-complicated character on the show--the most pure, if you will--the show really NEEDS her to bring balance.

I think this whole storyline with her getting injured is kind of dumb. She needs to be make a full recovery and she needs to do it pretty quickly.

I hope that as the writer Taylor Sheridan knows the last thing audiences want is some long, drawn out recovery process for her.
How are they going to wrap all this up in one episode? I can't wait.

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
How are they going to wrap all this up in one episode? I can't wait.
I dunno, I was pretty disappointed when I realized this was actually a 9-episode season and not 10 episodes. I thought for sure it was 10.

Hell, I wish it were more like 12. It's been appointment viewing for me from the beginning and is easily my favorite new show of the last two or three years.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I dunno, I was pretty disappointed when I realized this was actually a 9-episode season and not 10 episodes. I thought for sure it was 10.

Hell, I wish it were more like 12. It's been appointment viewing for me from the beginning and is easily my favorite new show of the last two or three years.
At first I thought it was too melodramatic, but I like that now. I feel like it's just hitting the high points. My mind can fill in the rest.

Beth may be my favorite bitch ever. Lol

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
At first I thought it was too melodramatic, but I like that now. I feel like it's just hitting the high points. My mind can fill in the rest.

Beth may be my favorite bitch ever. Lol
There's definitely melodrama and occasionally I think it goes just a little too far in that regard.

But I think the show is intentionally like half-soap opera. Not sure how familar you are with the old soap Dallas, but I've heard Yellowstone referred to as like a fusion of Dallas and Goodfellas and I think there's some truth is that description.

Regarding Beth, yeah, she's a very interesting character. A little one-note in some ways I think, but a genuinely tragic figure and it's interesting to see her work through all her personal bullshit.

Last edited:

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
MachidaKarate @MachidaKarate , I wasn't that impressed with the season finale. Were you?
*** SPOILERS ***

I liked it, but it certainly left a lot of questions to be answered in the next season.

Specifically, what's going to happen between John and all his kids? Will Jamie, Beth and Kayce repair their relationship with him? What about their relationship with each other?

Will Beth find the peace in her life that she's obviously seeking?

Will Kayce find a way to repair his relationship Monica?

Is Danny Houston's character really dead? (I doubt it.)

What is to be the fate of the ranch?

Lots of questions. I like the finale but I'm just pissed that we have to wait probably a year to find out what happens next.

I've really enjoyed the show.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
*** SPOILERS ***

I liked it, but it certainly left a lot of questions to be answered in the next season.

Specifically, what's going to happen between John and all his kids? Will Jamie, Beth and Kayce repair their relationship with him? What about their relationship with each other?

Will Beth find the peace in her life that she's obviously seeking?

Will Kayce find a way to repair his relationship Monica?

Is Danny Houston's character really dead? (I doubt it.)

What is to be the fate of the ranch?

Lots of questions. I like the finale but I'm just pissed that we have to wait probably a year to find out what happens next.

I've really enjoyed the show.
I wanted Jamie to tell that journalist to 'fuck off' so bad.

Kayce has gone full retard.

I want Beth the Bitch to win.....everything. :tearsofjoy:

MachidaKarate

Aug 4, 2018
I wanted Jamie to tell that journalist to 'fuck off' so bad.
Yeah, it seems he was kind of in a tight spot here. It's going to be interesting to see if he repairs his relationship with his dad.

Frankly, even though I find John to be a sympathetic character overall, I don't like the way he treats Jamie. It's like he holds a grudge against him and he can't handle being stood up to.

Kayce has gone full retard.
One of my few complaints about the show is that it occasionally gets a little too melodramatic. Does Kayce really need to get in a fight or kill somebody in almost EVERY episode?

And speaking of grudges, Kayce and his dad is like the opposite situation of Jamie and his dad. It's like he just doesn't want to give his dad a chance.

I want Beth the Bitch to win.....everything. :tearsofjoy:
Ha. Of all the kids, I think that Kayce is the most likable and sympathetic.

More than anything I want Beth to find that inner peace that she's obviously looking for and to just stop being so goddamn broken.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
New season started.

Some badass music in the 1st episode. Pretty sure I heard two Blackberry Smoke songs. And I'm positive that was Turnpike Troubadours tune "Long Hot Summer Day" before the bar fight scene.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I watched a few episodes of season 1

will probably pick it back up...good vibe