YIKES! - Brutal Facebook post by Tim Kennedy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

DFW4L

15 events before the end of 2016 - YOU'RE WELCOME!
Mar 23, 2016
I'm asked daily about how and why I don't have PTSD. I'm probably the last person on Earth you should ask about this stuff. I have killed kids and women during war. I have seen my friends and fellow soldiers burn alive. My adult life is filled with the things horror movies are made of. I could have nightmares every night or be a medicated PTSD victim if I didn't choose every day to make a difference for myself and more importantly for the men that died to my left and right. I don't give a fuck about how they say we are supposed to heal. I'll tell you how to get better. You stop being a pussy. You get up early and train. You train so hard your hands bleed, and you sweat acid. You train so hard you collapse seeing stars. You go get cleaned up. Have a healthy meal. Look your best, dress nice. Then know that the real work is about to start. Find something bigger than yourself and pour every ounce of who you are into it. If that's your family, be the best father on Earth. If you are a cop, firefighter, or a trash man, be the BEST. Know every law, regulation, or route like the back of your hand. Be the best shot on the force. Be in better shape than every officer in the country, and serve the community like its your reason for living. When you finally get home, be a generous lover then collapse into bed. You should be falling asleep before your head hits the pillow because you worked so hard every moment of the day. Get up the next day.... and start all over again. At some point, and I'm not sure when, you won't need to do these things any more.... but you will, because you know you are making a difference. It won't be about you getting better or healthier. It will be about you contributing and giving. It will be about being the best version of yourself, and that version is a baddass that is hard to kill, that doesn't give a fuck about what other people think. You do the right thing because you believe in it. When you finally get to heaven and get to see your brothers, they will high five you as you walk by because you made their death worth something and made your life meaningful. Hell you might even get a little wink and a pat on the ass from God as you walk by. #greenberet #ranger #sniper #oef #oif #infantry #Isis#pstd

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015

Interesting how he randomly drops in the importance of looks in amongst a rant that is based entirely on his own complete lack of empathy (isn't capable of understanding a very real psychological problem other humans suffer from) and narcissism (believes his own lifestyle is the solution to all problems) while making flippant admissions of killing kids. A psychiatrist would have a field day.

The guy also constantly seeks attention, makes dubious claims (USADA testing incident reeks of bullshit, I've forgotten some others) and he is obsessed with accusing others of PEDs while looking like the hulk and going AWOL since USADA came in. He basically ticks almost every box on the psychopath checklist.

I guess it's all just a coincidence for a guy whose 3 chosen professions involve 1) killing kids, 2) beating people up, 3) having his own television show where he is the hero.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
This was hard to read.

But good for him to say he doesn't care what anyone thinks (yeah right), at least in his perfect world nobody should care what he thinks. Silver linings.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I think his probably speaking more of being part of the war machine that has led to the death of women and children. For instance covert ops that identify targets and in some cases lead to fallout from airstrikes etc.

I dont think he walks around Baghdad with an uzi shooting orphans in the face....

Probably just feels some responsibility for the hardship his witnessed you know ?

Im just guessing

Gibberish

Posting Machine
Dec 2, 2015
I give it five years before this nut has gone on a suicidal killing spree.

Megatron Robinson

I BOMB ATOMICALLY
Jul 26, 2015
It's interesting to see this comment coupled with all the recent outrage over what is or isnt disrespectful to people that have fought and died for this country.

You would think a guy seeming smart as Tim wouldn't make such callously ignorant statements.

Especially with him being in such close proximity to people who have suffered or are suffering from PTSD.

I've been around the US military a lot through out my life and have many friends who can't just "man up" and shake off PTSD.

A dude with his attitude that is also talking about personally killing women and child just seems sick to me.

DFW4L

Mar 23, 2016
I think his probably speaking more of being part of the war machine that has led to the death of women and children. For instance covert ops that identify targets and in some cases lead to fallout from airstrikes etc.
I agree with this, his role is usually the guy directing bombings

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Maybe he's talking to his other self. The one with PTSD. Trying to find motivation.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Find something bigger than yourself and pour every ounce of who you are into it. If that's your family, be the best father on Earth. If you are a cop, firefighter, or a trash man, be the BEST. Know every law, regulation, or route like the back of your hand. Be the best shot on the force. Be in better shape than every officer in the country, and serve the community like its your reason for living. When you finally get home, be a generous lover then collapse into bed.
This part seems pretty decent.

DFW4L

Mar 23, 2016
This part seems pretty decent.
Yea, having a sense of purpose and working to mental and physical exhaustion is all great advice but he really went overboard with the rest.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I get the impression the post was more of a 'kick up the ass' rather than an empathetic one.

I for one can not fully comprehend what he's been through, so if this is how he feels then he has every right to share his 'way' of combatting PTSD, though i can fully see why many would take offence.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Yea real funny story, Timmy. Got any more?

"Funny story. One of the new USADA guys. … There’s this truck that’s taking all the same turns heading to my house, so I punch it, and I go up into my driveway," Kennedy said. "I hop out of my car, gun drawn. This is right after ISIS gives threats that they’re trying to kill me. And this poor USADA guy sticks his hands out of his truck window. And he’s like, 'I’m from USADA! Please don’t kill me! I’m just here to get your pee!'
No dope: Tim Kennedy draws gun on drug tester | ArmyTimes

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Doesn't this post basically say he's got PTSD? It's not for pussies. In fact PTSD is only for the brave.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Those are the things you convince yourself of when you don't wanna face the fact that you killed women and children for Opium/Oil/Precious Minerals/ and "terrorism".

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Sorry folks but I loved every second of that.
No need to apologize for your opinion homie. Some folks struggle with PTSD while other's deal with it differently. My take away was he's struggled with it and has a means to deal with it that not many others do. I just think he should be a little bit more sensitive to his brothers and sisters who do struggle with it more than he does. :)

P

Punch

No need to apologize for your opinion homie. Some folks struggle with PTSD while other's deal with it differently. My take away was he's struggled with it and has a means to deal with it that not many others do. I just think he should be a little bit more sensitive to his brothers and sisters who do struggle with it more than he does. :)
Yup. Not everything works the same for everyone.

Tim exhausts and distracts himself. Ok. That works for him. It may not for others.

Example: Cognative Processing Therapy made my symptoms worse, but immersion therapy and prolonged exposure helped.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Oh shit I should have been more clear I agreed with everything about doing things hard not calling ptsd guys pussies