Yoel Romero Accuses Weidman of Looking Different Post-USADA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Porkchop

The Other White Meat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

Interesting comment as it seems to imply that he has noticed a difference with Weidman's build.

See pic below for comparison...

Looks the same to me...

Maybe Romero is just tired of being accused of intentionally cheating and is going with the "I know you are but what am I" defence/deflection that is so popular in politics these days.

Romero is likely just firing back because of comments like this from Weidman:

“(Romero) failed while USADA was testing him randomly so he had the balls to take it then along with a lot of other guys. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s still taking something, maybe he’s getting smarter with it,” Weidman said.

“Once a guy fails a drug test, I’m never naïve enough to think now he’s clean.”

Chris Weidman Doesn't Trust Yoel Romero After USADA Violation

Last edited:

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Looks the same to me as well....maybe he's really trying to say that Chris is a "gay"

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Gee willikers, I might not say anything if I was him......could backfire

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Chris did say he was a lot smaller going into his last fight, 192lb about a week out, but blamed it on giving up beer, and after the fight an injury - I think. Lets see how he looks going into this one.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Might becompletely off, but didn't Chris say he " stopped drinking" and was looking to "lose weight" right around the same time usada took effect?

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
People forget that CHris was handily winning against Luke until he made that horribly sloppy kick that allowed Luke to take him down and work him exactly as he did Lyoto.

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
People forget that CHris was handily winning against Luke until he made that horribly sloppy kick that allowed Luke to take him down and work him exactly as he did Lyoto.
Chris was winning....and I'd pick him in a rematch. But it wasn't "handily" he was busted up pretty good.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
I refuse to stare at two pictures of a man intently and judge his fitness.

Last edited:

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Luke was winning that fight, the wheel kick was just Chris desperate attempt to turn the tide. The third round was a beat down s prefer 10-8 by all three judges.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
Chris was winning....and I'd pick him in a rematch. But it wasn't "handily" he was busted up pretty good.
He was barely winning on scorecards (if he were) but he gassed and got the shit beaten out of him till the end of one round and all over again the next so..yeah the kick was a factor...but he wasn't beating Luke that night..

He was winning as much as the 3-4 seconds CM punk was winning in his fight...you know, until he wasn't.

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Sorry...I should have said he was gaining momentum, especially with his kicks...then he tried that Sonnen like attempt at a highlight reel move. And then he got smashed.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
He was barely winning on scorecards (if he were) but he gassed and got the shit beaten out of him till the end of one round and all over again the next so..yeah the kick was a factor...but he wasn't beating Luke that night..

He was winning as much as the 3-4 seconds CM punk was winning in his fight...you know, until he wasn't.
See my post above yours, Luke was winning on the scorecards.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Am I the only one who's just interpreting Yoel's tweet as meaning "I'm still bralic even though I'm getting tested" and having nothing at all to do with Chris?

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I must've seen a different fight. The time I watched it neither guy was dominating, but Like was clearly winning. Then he put the exclamation point all over it.

Porkchop

The Other White Meat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Am I the only one who's just interpreting Yoel's tweet as meaning "I'm still bralic even though I'm getting tested" and having nothing at all to do with Chris?
That could make sense. English isn't his first language so maybe it was an accident that it could be read as an accusation as well.

I read it as an accusation but I could just be too used to those kinds of comments being made by fighters about other fighters.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Maybe he's talking about performance looks. Rather than physical looks. Doubt it though. Think he's just salty he got caught.