Yoel Romero hoping for rematch with Robert Whittaker in July

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

According to top contender Yoel Romero, the UFC has confirmed that he will be the first challenger to face Robert Whittaker for the middleweight title, and ‘Soldier of God’ expects the rematch to take place during international fight week in July.

“I don’t have an idea (of when),” Romero told host Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour, per MMA Fighting’s Shaun Al-Shatti. “Maybe July? I don’t know when. I hear he’s sick, he’s feeling no good, he’s feeling very bad. I pray for him. I’m waiting. I’m waiting for him.”

Whittaker, who was crowned official middleweight champion after Georges St-Pierre relinquished the title last year, was originally set to defend his belt against Luke…

Romero: UFC has confirmed I will fight Whittaker for title, ‘maybe’ in July

M

member 3289

What makes you say that?

I think it could go either way...Yoel with some adjustments and Robert off multiple health problems...Yoel also with leg issue maybe

Would be great and close I think.
Whittaker kicked his ass the first time and would've finished him if not for the bum knee. Credit to Yoel for the oblique kick but if that knee hadn't been injured there's no way Romero would've made it out of that fight

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Whittaker kicked his ass the first time and would've finished him if not for the bum knee. Credit to Yoel for the oblique kick but if that knee hadn't been injured there's no way Romero would've made it out of that fight
Whittaker is a tough sob but it could go either way......even he admitted that in the post fight interview with hogan’s heroes.....”yeah, I feel great but it was touch and go there for a while”.......Yoel needs to go do nothing but sprints and get put in the cage for 12 rounds of fresh guys coming at him to build up his cardio and he wins......

M

member 3289

Whittaker is a tough sob but it could go either way......even he admitted that in the post fight interview with hogan’s heroes.....”yeah, I feel great but it was touch and go there for a while”.......Yoel needs to go do nothing but sprints and get put in the cage for 12 rounds of fresh guys coming at him to build up his cardio and he wins......
Nope, Whittaker by TKO