Yoel Romero receives 6 month suspension

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Yoel Romero can be back in the Octagon soon.

The UFC middleweight contender was handed a six-month suspension by USADA on Monday, the UFC's anti-doping partner announced on its website.

The news of a shorter suspension than otherwise thought was first reported by MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani on Monday morning.

In December, Romero tested positive for a substance called Ibutamoren, a growth hormone secretagogue. The National Center for Biotechnology Information describes the substance, which is prohibited under the UFC's anti-doping policy, as stimulating growth hormone release "through a pituitary and hypothalamic receptor."

Romero, 38, denied knowingly taking the substance and has claimed all along that it came from a contaminated substance. USADA said in its release that it had Romero's supplement tested and Ibutamoren did indeed come up, even though that banned substance was not listed on the label.

LINK: Yoel Romero gets six-month suspension from USADA for failing drug test due to contaminated supplement

PeteyParker

Posting Machina
Feb 8, 2016
shouldn't he get 2 years or zero punishment if it was a contaminated supplement? either he is guilty or not, don't really get the 6 month suspension.

PeteyParker

Posting Machina
Feb 8, 2016
These professional SNITCHES make up the rules as they go along it seems. Fuck em!
but it's a stupid rule either Romero should get 2 years or since there was evidence of contaminated supplements he should get zero and no suspension. What is USADA's excuse for giving Romero 6 months if it wasn't he's fault. USADA is shady as fack.

USADA, the new Reebok

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
but it's a stupid rule either Romero should get 2 years or since there was evidence of contaminated supplements he should get zero and no suspension. What is USADA's excuse for giving Romero 6 months if it wasn't he's fault. USADA is shady as fack.

USADA, the new Reebok
Yeah I agree and I think if you can prove it was a contaminated supplement there should be no suspension. Why should you be denied the ability to make a living for 2 years because some asshole in a lab or factory fucked up?

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
When does suspension end?

This is like when they review a targeting call in football and overturn the ejection yet uphold the 15 yard penalty......

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah I agree and I think if you can prove it was a contaminated supplement there should be no suspension. Why should you be denied the ability to make a living for 2 years because some asshole in a lab or factory fucked up?
I guarantee people would get a guy on the inside to "accidentally" put some stuff in their supplements.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Because Throbert you're either calling football soccer or you're trying to talk about American football like it's something you're familiar with
I'm American first yo.......only became British after my wife took her top off and convinced me to move over here.........
Case in point, Alabama game a year or so ago, targeting called, overturned with video review but 15 yards tacked on, beleedat..........

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Yeah but who's going to damage the name of their company for that? And you're going to get busted now with these professional RATS running around country to country harassing the athletes.
UKBottomMissionaryExpert might have been joking, but

A lot of supplement companies apparently run many diff (is that good uk abbrev Left Hook Larry @UKBottomTeamMovementCoach ?)
supplements on their lines, including some that may have steroids or drugs on them and don't clean them sufficiently and the run a non steroid/non drug supplement on the same line........

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
i guess it's more of a ban to be sure all the traces of the substance are out of his system. They should test again in 6mo and see if he's on a new supplement and clean or not

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015

USADA, the new Reebok
You could have guessed it from the initial USADA press release was something to the effect of Yoel Romero "Under suspicion for possible doping violation"..that hardly sounds like anything concrete. They probably gave him the 6months just to save face.

Ghost Bro

Nov 13, 2015
I guarantee people would get a guy on the inside to "accidentally" put some stuff in their supplements.
Yeah but who's going to damage the name of their company for that? And you're going to get busted now with these professional RATS running around country to country harassing the athletes.
Well, if that's the case, that helpfull poor motherfucker is about to get sued by Yoel..(per Ariel Helwano)

"I would like to thank my family, friends, teammates and fans for sticking by me through this ordeal," Romero wrote in a statement. "With that said, yesterday I agreed to a sanction of 6 months suspension for taking a supplement 5 days after my last win that USADA has confirmed was indeed tainted. My management team and I will be pursuing legal action against the supplement company within the next few weeks. For those of you that believed me, I thank you. For the ones that didn't, I hope I have given you a reason to believe in hard work. As for the ones that tried to ruin my name, we will meet very soon. #ynuevo"

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
I do wonder if the testing of the supplements was done only on those provided by Romero himself, or were traced back to the source, because the former would suggest that you could take a substance until caught, then just contaminate one of your supplements and get the sentence reduced or even overturned. Does anyone believe Romero would be above that sort of thing?

if there is information in that link I will read it :D

Ghost Bro

Nov 13, 2015
I do wonder if the testing of the supplements was done only on those provided by Romero himself, or were traced back to the source, because the former would suggest that you could take a substance until caught, then just contaminate one of your supplements and reduce the sentence (hoping it's overturned) Does anyone believe Romero would be above that sort of thing?

if there is information in that link I will read it :D
It would mean that Yoel (or one of his teamates) is smart enough to contaminate the supplement, well enough to fool USADA, and USADA dumb enough to actually test only that supplement given to them by Yoel and no other supplements of the company.

If there was fuckery from Yoel with the supplement, it would most likely be him knowing that the supplement has that peptide in it and taking it. Can't prove shit though. TIM KE SO SHORRY
GO BACK FOR YOU GO! NO FOR GAY JESUS!

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
So all you got to do is crush up some anadrol in your whey powder and you are home free?

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
UKBottomMissionaryExpert might have been joking, but

A lot of supplement companies apparently run many diff (is that good uk abbrev Left Hook Larry @UKBottomTeamMovementCoach ?)
supplements on their lines, including some that may have steroids or drugs on them and don't clean them sufficiently and the run a non steroid/non drug supplement on the same line........
if they were usa made i'd really doubt that. across the pond very possible.