IMG/GIF Yoel wants interim belt with Andy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
What other option does Yoel even have . I think Anderson is the best money fight for him .

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Every fight needs to be for an interim belt! When everyone holds an interim belt then every fight will be for a care taker belt

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
Lol @ Bisping. What a clown. He won't go anywhere near Romero. It'll be another Welter or past-it legend for him.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Why the fuck would they need an interim belt.
I listened to his interview and just thought "no".

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I have no interest in seeing Yoel take off Andy's head whether a belt is on the line or not.

Bisping claims he will fight Yoel next, but I have my doubts. He would prefer to wait until Yoel is closer to 50 or been out of the game for several years.

M

member 3289

I understand making Aldo-Edgar an interim title fight, as Conor had left the division to fight two fights at welterweight (against a lightweight) and his return was uncertain.

Making Kebab-Ferguson an interim title fight made zero sense though. Past champions (Pettis, Aldo for example) were out a lot longer than 5 months before an interim title was created.

There needs to be a minimum time frame for interim belts - maybe 1 year. Then if the champ doesn't fight the interim champ in a title unification fight, strip him/her.

But we all know that's not going to happen. Interim belts will continue to be created on a whim.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I don't like calling out the old man. But I'd like to see Romero fight for the 'interim' belt at this point against the Jacare-Whitaker winner, because that would actually be the real belt for all intensive porpoises and it would mean GSP would have to relinquish the 'real' title straight away rather than try to defend against Kelvin or Hendricks should he win, and Bisping wouldn't be able to run.

It would box WME in, which Romero knows, and which is why it won't happen.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
I can understand why fighters prefer the interim stipulation. On top of money, great security you get the next title shot. (Sometimes).

If anything, interim champions produce the legit number one contender, over some random "money" fight. Get the obnoxious "Unification" bout build, but are we really complaining about obnoxious things in MMA at this point?

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I have no interest in seeing Yoel take off Andy's head whether a belt is on the line or not.

Bisping claims he will fight Yoel next, but I have my doubts. He would prefer to wait until Yoel is closer to 50 or been out of the game for several years.
He's likely hoping that while he makes him wait he'll piss hot again and get suspended.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
This has got to be the dumbest fucking request for an interim title fight.. Anderson Silva is toast, years ago maybe but WTF

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
I don't like calling out the old man. But I'd like to see Romero fight for the 'interim' belt at this point against the Jacare-Whitaker winner, because that would actually be the real belt for all intensive porpoises and it would mean GSP would have to relinquish the 'real' title straight away rather than try to defend against Kelvin or Hendricks should he win, and Bisping wouldn't be able to run.

It would box WME in, which Romero knows, and which is why it won't happen.

Made me lel

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
we're finally here where fighters actually ask for a "interim" title! so sad...