You can change one piece of MMA history, what do you change?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Came to say this. It gets really annoying to have to explain this every time a casual fan asks about the loss on Jones' record. Damn you to hell Steve Mazagatti!
He quit because of his shoulder. Mazagatti asked a deaf man if he was okay and he was the man who didnt listen. Oh the ironing.

CLINTK9

Oct 20, 2015
Definitely Pride continuing on.
MMA history has been tarnished since.
Affliction 3 and continuing.

this all day! but if Pride continued, I'd want no Affliction event!

Also, and this is HUGE for me. NO TUF! Yep, I know some thnk thats what got us here, but a great fight on a fight night card woulda done the same. you coulda had those all access shows following big fighters around for the big FREE fight on Spike. THEN, it would have stayed more NHB/MMA oriented instead of turning into the mtv jersey shore reality tv show fad mma has sorta become. when your sport has fans who became fans because a fighter pissed in anothers drink or jizzed on his pillow or gets drunk and breaks shit, your gonna get the bottom barrel jersey shore reality show fans. and thats alot of what MMA.TV has become. interacting with jersey shore drama type folk.

then, we'd have PrideFC kickin ass and UFC kickin ass on the other side until the end of time! and occasional supercards between the two!

keep IFL artound for newcomers and aging legends. SF to also bring new talent. UFC WILL ONLY BE THE TOP 20 GUYS IN THE WORLD!

CLINTK9

Oct 20, 2015
The Gracie Brothers..

Imagine if MMA fighters still had NO CLUE what BJJ was? That would be weird as hell!!!!!! Just straight up wrestling/gnp on the mat and stand up exchanges. Sounds like a fun fight to be TBH

I ACTUALLY WOULDNT MIND THIS! STILL THINKING THERE ARE KILLERS FIGHTING UNDERGROUND FIGHTS OUT THERE AND THERE ARE STILL DEADLY KUNG FU/TKD MASTERS, BAD ASS BIKERS, AND HUGE FOOTBALL PLAYERS WHO COULD WIN THESE THINGS. IT WAS A BIT MORE FUN LIKE THAT FOR SURE.

CLINTK9

Oct 20, 2015
Oh, and also I wish Fedor had just never taken that fight with Hendo. Sometimes I think I dreamt it because it's so ludicrous that it happened in the first place, never mind the result. Of the losses Fedor suffered, this one hurts the most. Truly a wtf moment.

this. only to not hear Hendo get ripped on with the "a 40 yr old MW" comments he gets by the Fedor haters.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I wish Gus had won the title from Jones or DC. Doesn't matter which one. He got screwed both times.
He got screwed on both decisions and lost to Rumble via headbutt. Let's put * next to each of those and the record show he is 19-1 and undefeated since 2010.

BackOffWarchild

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Karelin enters UFC 1. Instead of an entire generation of young guys butflopping and scissoring each other in gyms across the country, we'd have a generation of young guys learning to kill each other by slamming men on their heads and necks. MMA really would be a bloodsport.

Winnson

We can't stop here. This is bat country!
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Zuffa sells the UFC right after UFC 100.

The gangster boys cash out, make huge bank and move on, and we never hear from them again, since then.

At this point, Zuffa is like that creepy uncle that sticks around too long at weddings, and they will probably lose their shirts because of it.

They are trying so hard to become an arm of the machine mainstream, when MMA is just not there yet, that it's become an embarrassment.

TL;DR - If I could change one thing about The UFC it would be Zuffa. They have done irreparable damage to the sport already by a long shot and it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

Zuffa needs to go, or even the original name The UFC will be gone. They survived active government prosecution (John McCain), back in the day.

Let's hope the name The UFC™ can get past this whole Zuffa® thing!

Reebok!

Drex

Sep 9, 2015
As
The Gracie Brothers..

Imagine if MMA fighters still had NO CLUE what BJJ was? That would be weird as hell!!!!!! Just straight up wrestling/gnp on the mat and stand up exchanges. Sounds like a fun fight to be TBH
As interesting as this might be, the other side of it is maybe mma wouldn't be where it is today. Same goes with the
"Dana white never knew what mma was/didnt buy the ufc" comments

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
UFC never change format, keep same night tournament mode, and not introduce all those pesky rules and time limits.