VID You don't get Big Browne for 10k

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
he is lucky to be in a position to be able not to fight if he choses not to.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Good for him. I wouldn't bust my ass and put my health at risk for $10k either.

You have to wonder what Zuffa's real agenda with this Reebok deal is, because they can't be this stupid and arrogant, can they? I mean, basically they've:

1) Pissed off the majority of the roster
2) Lowered incentive for propects to sign with them
3) Caused guys like Schaub to essentially retire
4) Provided incentive for free agents to sign with their only competitor (Bellator)

It just makes no sense whatsoever.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
You have to wonder what Zuffa's real agenda with this Reebok deal is, because they can't be this stupid and arrogant, can they?
I guess history says otherwise, and until Zuffa is absolutely forced to change, they'll keep on keepin' on. They certainly don't care if a Brendan Schaub retires, but a concerted action of Schaub-level fighters would get their attention. Everything hinges on the class-action suit IMO.

As Jason73 said above, though, Brendan is lucky he's got options. The average fighter is somebody with so few options that MMA looks like a good idea. And that's somebody begging to be exploited.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Did Schaub ever prove his sponsorship claims, btw? I remember being a little skeptical about his 6-figure/fight numbers.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Did Schaub ever prove his sponsorship claims, btw? I remember being a little skeptical about his 6-figure/fight numbers.
Yes. He showed Rogan the financial statements that proved it. Rogan told him on his podcast that he should make them public to prove Dana White a liar, but Schaub said he didn't want to be "that guy".

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i would love to see dana get sued for a hostile work environment and all the footage of him calling people goofs and faggots be played in court.the way he openly shit talked shuab and his sponsors was ignorant. i never could really stand shuab but good for him to be able to quit on his own terms and not have to work for peanuts.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
i would love to see dana get sued for a hostile work environment and all the footage of him calling people goofs and faggots be played in court.the way he openly shit talked shuab and his sponsors was ignorant. i never could really stand shuab but good for him to be able to quit on his own terms and not have to work for peanuts.
Couldn't agree more.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
It just makes no sense whatsoever.
Just to add a little thought here. Lust will make you not wear a condom sometimes---greed operates the same way. Greed is stupid, just like evil in general is.

Hollywood tends to serve up a sophisticated, intellectual villain---one with taste, refined opinions and a mode of action based on a subtle cost-benefit analysis. A man who has come to the dark side only after prolonged considerations. Like the ponytailed badmen from Die Hard urging Bruce Willis (John McClane or whatever) to come work for them---that sort of guy.

But in reality, evil is usually just dumb. All it needs to work is a drop of charm and a big club in some form or another.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
good for him..fuck them...NBA players make this much by themselves...they expect 500 fighters to be happy to split what one athlete makes alone is criminal and sad..

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This may not to anything instantly to the UFC or whoever but it could be another trend setting step for the future. Good for Schaub.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
i like schaub. i just hate that he feels the need to be the second biggest zuffa dick sucker so often. i'm glad he's finally standing up to them, since he's one of few that can afford it.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Schaub became one of my favorite fighters because of the podcast. I thought he was a douche the first time I heard him on JRE but he is just a goofy, funny dude. I'm glad he has found success.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
The fighter and the kid is a great podcast. Big Brown claims to be a marketing genius. That's quite a big overstatement in my opinion, but he was certainly wise to align himself with successful people (Rogan/Calen). He is having a lot of success with the podcast right now, but that probably won't last forever. Obvuuusly I'm not an elite athlete, but I imagine he will have some regrets later if he walks away in his prime. With his popularity and a shallow HW division he could make a run at the belt with a few wins. He has been competing his whole life, he's not gonna be happy sitting around doing a podcast and getting fat, in my opinion. Maybe he can talk Metamoris into another shot and that will fill his need for competition, but I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The fighter and the kid is a great podcast. Big Brown claims to be a marketing genius. That's quite a big overstatement in my opinion, but he was certainly wise to align himself with successful people (Rogan/Calen). He is having a lot of success with the podcast right now, but that probably won't last forever. Obvuuusly I'm not an elite athlete, but I imagine he will have some regrets later if he walks away in his prime. With his popularity and a shallow HW division he could make a run at the belt with a few wins. He has been competing his whole life, he's not gonna be happy sitting around doing a podcast and getting fat, in my opinion. Maybe he can talk Metamoris into another shot and that will fill his need for competition, but I doubt it.

You're looking at this like he needs money. He said on the podcast numerous times that he doesn't have to do anything if he doesn't want to. He definitely has some fuck you money. From what I have read, he is pulling over a million a year right now not fighting. As long as he is smart with his money and puts it in the right places, he is set.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
You're looking at this like he needs money. He said on the podcast numerous times that he doesn't have to do anything if he doesn't want to. He definitely has some fuck you money. From what I have read, he is pulling over a million a year right now not fighting. As long as he is smart with his money and puts it in the right places, he is set.
He also admits he exaggerates everything. A couple million won't last another 30-40 years with his current lifestyle. He does seem to be pretty well grounded though and with wise choices, and staying off Oxy, he will probably be fine. He way ahead of the game compared to me so I'm not hating on him. I hope he does well, but selfishly I would like to see him fight some more. He's very athletic and I think he could pose problems for most HW's not named Cain or Werdum.