You gotta love Ben Askren

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Nice!

Hendricks has definitely faced better competition in MMA but I think Askren would still tool him by keeping it basic.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I had super great seats at the event, and during round 5 when the crowd was quiet enough, I yelled in Dana's direction, "Sign Ben Askren"

You can thank me now or later, whenever.

wiggum

Feb 22, 2015
A lot of people think that because Hendricks was a 2x national champion and Askren was a 2x champion, their wrestling is close to equal. It isn't. If both wrestlers stopped after college, the gap would still be tremendous. Askren is arguably the greatest 2x champion ever and Hendricks is on the lower end of that list (his second national title came on the shoulders of two immense screwjobs - one in the semifinals and one in the finals).

But Askren kept wrestling after college and widened the gap even further, becoming a genuinely world-class wrestler.

Hendricks could beat Askren in a fight (though I'd be betting on funky). But he hasn't been able to touch him in wrestling since high school.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I dont think Hendricks could even come close to winning against the World Champion, hell either of them really. The 1st fight with Lawlor was a screw job and the 2nd he was beat. If you take UFC politics out of it Hendricks doesnt stand a chance.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
A lot of people think that because Hendricks was a 2x national champion and Askren was a 2x champion, their wrestling is close to equal. It isn't. If both wrestlers stopped after college, the gap would still be tremendous. Askren is arguably the greatest 2x champion ever and Hendricks is on the lower end of that list (his second national title came on the shoulders of two immense screwjobs - one in the semifinals and one in the finals).

But Askren kept wrestling after college and widened the gap even further, becoming a genuinely world-class wrestler.

Hendricks could beat Askren in a fight (though I'd be betting on funky). But he hasn't been able to touch him in wrestling since high school.
Hey, good to see you over here Wiggum.