Society You guys following this Catalonia vote?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I been following tim pool in Catalonia since yesterday.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I take it spain has no antifa even though they used to be ruled by actual fascists

M

member 3289

No going back now if the majority of voters choose independence.

Catalonia Is not quite Kurdistan, which had 92% in favor of independence, but I think the majority will have voted for separation from Spain.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I heard a bit about this last week. Apparently Catalonia is huge and it would crush Spain as a country if they didn't have their $$$.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Maybe it's just me, but it feels like the twilight zone... if Spain thinks the vote is illegal, meaning it holds no value, then sit back and laugh at them for having their little cosplay game of revolution. Laugh that they are casting meaningless pieces of paper...

But to physically assault someone for walking in somewhere and casting an opinion on something is mind blowing, especially when te violence is carried out by a public institution like the countries police

I say fuck em. I hope they get free of that situAtion

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Been following this closely along with the Kurdish vote. According to Madrid, this is basically their version of the Confederacy seceding, but the brutally repressive crackdown has made everything so much worse.

M

member 3289

Catalonia is going to become an independent state. It's gone past the breaking point now.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Catalonia is going to become an independent state. It's gone past the breaking point now.
If they didn't have a good reason before, they do now.
When those in control fight that hard to stay in control, it's likely not in your best interest to stay under their thumb.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
No damn way.
The Basque extremes will be emboldened by this.
Spain and Southern France risking broad territorial loss overnight? Nah.

Ireland, Scotland, etc will make overtures supporting this. England, France, etc. will absolutely back the the Spanish government while chastising the violence.

Could fizzle out or turn into a generation long campaign of ETA style bombing

But there's just no way they get an independent state. Not just for local reasons but also for all the international refusal to recognize them.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If they didn't have a good reason before, they do now.
When those in control fight that hard to stay in control, it's likely not in your best interest to stay under their thumb.
Literally the worst way the Spanish government could have handled this.