You guys must not understand marijuana's benefits

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

CRE

Posting Machine
Apr 24, 2015
I think the backlash towards Nick's 5 year sentence. comes from a lack of understanding.

THC is stronger than pharmaceuticals, it has a greater proven medical benefit than many banned substances.

I do believe that most people, who casually use marijuana, don't have any clue or understanding what the true powers of pot are..

Nick knew the powers of pot and he was using it to his benefit big time. How many times had he been punished by the commission?

The same people telling you that Nick shouldn't be suspended, are the same people blocking marijuana legalization. By refusing to recognize the superior medical qualities of the plant, you are stunting the possibility for growth of legalization.

Now yes 5 years is overly harsh, way too firm. But the point is taken. You will not abuse pain numbing agents when you fight. You will not use banned sleep aids and digestive enhancers.

Marijuana is also an adrenal drug, I can smoke a fine sativa and induce an effect that would overwhelm a simpleton's mind.

Diaz was a blatant fucking cheater. This is no different than Chael or Barnett using steroids.

If I Nick was forced to stop smoking like everyone else, he would be losing MASSIVE BENEFITS. Now the laws have changed, but Nick was FIGHTING WHILE INEBRIATED.

This isn't difficult to understand, unless of course you're in the way of sweeping legalization, by pretending that marijuana doesn't have insane medicinal and performance enhancing properties.

If you really think Nick was just getting high to get high, I have some news for you, he was getting high because it was an added benefit to him that his opponents didn't have.

Last edited:

CRE

Posting Machine
Apr 24, 2015
As per usual, the public outrage and outcry is born from a lack of education and firsthand experience.

Everyone running around saying that weed isn't performance enhancing, those people are not experienced users, those people need to stop talking. I will give you some shit that will FORCE you to do push-ups...

Marijuana is a PED, especially when you're like Nick and can maintain your cardio levels to the highest degree and still use.

Last edited:

CRE

Posting Machine
Apr 24, 2015
Jarai & Kunos[xxviii] noted "cannabinoids were found to be potent CB1-receptor dependent vasodilators in the coronary and cerebrovascular beds" concluding "the endogenous cannabinoid system plays an important role in cardiovascular regulation, and pharmacological manipulation of this system may offer novel therapeutic approaches in a variety of pathological conditions." Wagner et al[xxix] report "Activation of peripheral cannabinoid CB(1) receptors elicits hypotension" and noted "We conclude that cannabinoids elicit profound coronary and cerebral vasodilation in vivo by direct activation of vascular cannabinoid CB(1) receptors, rather than via autoregulation, a decrease in sympathetic tone or, in the case of anandamide, the action of a non-cannabinoid metabolite." However, in a review article for the Bulletin on Narcotics, Husan & Khan[xxx] warned "The use of cannabis causes prominent and predictable effects on the heart, including increased work-load, increased plasma volume and postural hypotension, which could impose threats to the cannabis users with hypertension, cerebrovascular disease or coronary arteriosclerosis." Lake et al[xxxi] noted "in anesthetized rats anandamide elicits bradycardia and a triphasic blood pressure response: transient hypotension secondary to a vagally mediated bradycardia, followed by a brief pressor and prolonged depressor response, the latter two effects being similar to those of delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)" Krowicki et al[xxxii] found that, in anaesthetised rats "Intravenously administered delta9-THC evoked ... bradycardia, and hypotension"

The picture is slowly becoming clearer, indicating that endo-cannabinoids modify aspects of blood flow at a subtle local level. In a 2001 review, Schiffrin[xxxiii] noted "The endothelium produces a variety of substances that play important roles in regulation of the circulation and vascular wall homeostasis. The control of blood vessel wall homeostasis is achieved via production of vasorelaxants and vasoconstrictors. Among the vasorelaxants are ... metabolites of arachidonic acid like epoxyeicosatrienoic acids, and endocannabinoids)"

CRE

Posting Machine
Apr 24, 2015
Matthew & Wilson[xxxiv] found "In experienced marijuana smokers, marijuana smoking was accompanied by a significant bilateral increase in cerebral blood flow (CBF) especially in the frontal regions and cerebral blood velocity.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
If you really think Nick was just getting high to get high, I have some news for you, he was getting high because it was an added benefit to him that his opponents didn't have.
I have some news for you. You don't know Nick Diaz nor do you know his intentions so you probably shouldn't talk like you do.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
So you're telling me even before he fought professionally he smoked Mary Jane to cheat?

CRE

Posting Machine
Apr 24, 2015
Panikashvili et al[xlix] reported "Traumatic brain injury triggers the accumulation of harmful mediators that may lead to secondary damage. Protective mechanisms to attenuate damage are also set in motion. 2-Arachidonoyl glycerol (2-AG) is an endogenous cannabinoid... after injury to the mouse brain, 2-AG may have a neuroprotective role in which the cannabinoid system is involved. After closed head injury (CHI) in mice, the level of endogenous 2-AG was significantly elevated. We administered synthetic 2-AG to mice after CHI and found significant reduction of brain oedema, better clinical recovery, reduced infarct volume and reduced hippocampal cell death compared with controls. When 2-AG was administered together with additional inactive 2-acyl-glycerols that are normally present in the brain, functional recovery was significantly enhanced. The beneficial effect of 2-AG was dose-dependently attenuated by SR-141761A, an antagonist of the CB1 cannabinoid receptor."

Belayev et al[l] found the synthetic cannabinoid HU-211 to be "an effective drug in protecting against the effects of focal ischemia-induced (blood-brain barrier) disruption in the rat and suggest that the drug may be an effective treatment against the ischemic cell death and BBB disruption that can occur clinically following a stroke or cardiac arrest." Nagayama et al[li] noted "R(+)-WIN 55212-2, a synthetic cannabinoid agonist, decreased hippocampal neuronal loss after transient global cerebral ischemia and reduced infarct volume after permanent focal cerebral ischemia induced by middle cerebral artery occlusion in rats. The less active enantiomer S(-)-WIN 55212-3 was ineffective, and the protective effect ... was blocked by (a) specific central cannabinoid (CB1) cannabinoid receptor antagonist . R(+)-WIN 55212-2 also protected cultured cerebral cortical neurons from in vitro hypoxia and glucose deprivation, but in contrast to the receptor-mediated neuroprotection observed in vivo, this in vitro effect was not stereoselective and was insensitive to CB1 and CB2 receptor antagonists" concluding "Cannabinoids may have therapeutic potential in disorders resulting from cerebral ischemia, including stroke, and may protect neurons from injury through a variety of mechanisms."

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Matthew & Wilson[xxxiv] found "In experienced marijuana smokers, marijuana smoking was accompanied by a significant bilateral increase in cerebral blood flow (CBF) especially in the frontal regions and cerebral blood velocity.
Nicks not reading into it that deep homie...

CRE

Posting Machine
Apr 24, 2015
Cardiovascular Effects of Cannabis

Old journals, probably dated a bit, but still paints the picture.

PED through and through, a more DYNAMIC one, that offers a WIDER array of benefits than anything else out there. The NSAC already raised the thresholds, Nick likes to COMPETE, while UNDER THE INFLUENCE.

Accept it. Stop blocking sweeping legalization to protect a junkie.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
"As per usual, the public outrage and outcry is born from a lack of education and firsthand experience."

I think you underestimate the amount of smokers here.

CRE

Posting Machine
Apr 24, 2015
Straight up Nick's ability to absorb punches is directly related to his ingestion of marijuana.

DEAL WITH IT

If Nick wasn't getting PED benefits, then he wouldn't be smoking up in the locker room before fighting Anderson Silva..

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Panikashvili et al[xlix] reported "Traumatic brain injury triggers the accumulation of harmful mediators that may lead to secondary damage. Protective mechanisms to attenuate damage are also set in motion. 2-Arachidonoyl glycerol (2-AG) is an endogenous cannabinoid... after injury to the mouse brain, 2-AG may have a neuroprotective role in which the cannabinoid system is involved. After closed head injury (CHI) in mice, the level of endogenous 2-AG was significantly elevated. We administered synthetic 2-AG to mice after CHI and found significant reduction of brain oedema, better clinical recovery, reduced infarct volume and reduced hippocampal cell death compared with controls. When 2-AG was administered together with additional inactive 2-acyl-glycerols that are normally present in the brain, functional recovery was significantly enhanced. The beneficial effect of 2-AG was dose-dependently attenuated by SR-141761A, an antagonist of the CB1 cannabinoid receptor."

Belayev et al[l] found the synthetic cannabinoid HU-211 to be "an effective drug in protecting against the effects of focal ischemia-induced (blood-brain barrier) disruption in the rat and suggest that the drug may be an effective treatment against the ischemic cell death and BBB disruption that can occur clinically following a stroke or cardiac arrest." Nagayama et al[li] noted "R(+)-WIN 55212-2, a synthetic cannabinoid agonist, decreased hippocampal neuronal loss after transient global cerebral ischemia and reduced infarct volume after permanent focal cerebral ischemia induced by middle cerebral artery occlusion in rats. The less active enantiomer S(-)-WIN 55212-3 was ineffective, and the protective effect ... was blocked by (a) specific central cannabinoid (CB1) cannabinoid receptor antagonist . R(+)-WIN 55212-2 also protected cultured cerebral cortical neurons from in vitro hypoxia and glucose deprivation, but in contrast to the receptor-mediated neuroprotection observed in vivo, this in vitro effect was not stereoselective and was insensitive to CB1 and CB2 receptor antagonists" concluding "Cannabinoids may have therapeutic potential in disorders resulting from cerebral ischemia, including stroke, and may protect neurons from injury through a variety of mechanisms."
I wish every fighter was on a drug that mitigated the effect of and aided recovery from brain trauma. It's a no brainer.

CRE

Posting Machine
Apr 24, 2015
So Nick is smoking weed before a fight, because it's fun? He's just partying or what?

Most people commenting are not experienced users and can't relate to Nick's mindset.

NBA players smoke weed before games for the same reason, it makes them more creative, they flow better, they move more naturally and have higher levels of natural intuition.

How is this not a PED? How many benefits need to be listed? What do steroids do again? They make you stronger, they make you able to do longer workouts, but they sure as hell don't give you an A-Z benefit level like pot, not even close.

Last edited:

CRE

Posting Machine
Apr 24, 2015
WAKE UP

Nick doesn't do all the shit he does in fights, without being under the influence..

All the styling he does, the waving his opponent in casually, laying down on the canvas to mess with Anderson, all the hand dropping, the moxy, the swagger..That is marijuana induced. I mean it.

Nick was ahead of the curve on this one. In 20-50 years it will be understood that he was a huge cheater, once more research is completed.

Weed makes you feel MORE of how you would feel..So if Nick is feeling like he is going to woop some ass, then Nick is going to FEEL MORE LIKE HE'S ABOUT TO WOOP SOME ASS. THE LIST OF BENEFITS DOESN'T STOP. IT'S A LOT LONGER THAN THE LIST OF BENEFITS FOR SOME SHITTY STEROIDS LOL.

If you smoke the right Sativa and have the right response, it's like injecting yourself with adrenaline, but better. Nick is in there stoned out of his mind, beating the shit out of these dorks who have no clue how to smoke pot, it's hilarious, but DEFINITELY CHEATING.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acoJ7DMQSk8

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
WAKE UP

Nick doesn't do all the shit he does in fights, without being under the influence..

All the styling he does, the waving his opponent in casually, laying down on the canvas to mess with Anderson, all the hand dropping, the moxy, the swagger..That is marijuana induced. I mean it.

You broke the troll barrier there dude. That's his personality you see, weed doesn't just make experienced users do zany shit that isn't innate.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
WAKE UP

Nick was ahead of the curve on this one. In 20-50 years it will be understood that he was a huge cheater, once more research is completed.

Weed makes you feel MORE of how you would feel..So if Nick is feeling like he is going to woop some ass, then Nick is going to FEEL MORE LIKE HE'S ABOUT TO WOOP SOME ASS. THE LIST OF BENEFITS DOESN'T STOP. IT'S A LOT LONGER THAN THE LIST OF BENEFITS FOR SOME SHITTY STEROIDS LOL.

If you smoke the right Sativa and have the right response, it's like injecting yourself with adrenaline, but better. Nick is in there stoned out of his mind, beating the shit out of these dorks who have no clue how to smoke pot, it's hilarious, but DEFINITELY CHEATING.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acoJ7DMQSk8
All that..then a sick ass highlight, you trolling us:rolleyes:

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
He should be allowed to fight with a blunt in his mouth and another behind his ear while in the cage

If we lived in a fair world that is

FeeO

You're all on steroids.
May 14, 2015
In 20-50 years it will be understood that he was a huge cheater, once more research is completed.
That's around the time period I project it'll take for Diazlandia to be completed. See the righteous and the noble there.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
All the styling he does, the waving his opponent in casually, laying down on the canvas to mess with Anderson, all the hand dropping, the moxy, the swagger..That is marijuana induced. I mean it...

If this was the case teamquestnorth @teamquestnorth would have been Lindlands wrestling Coach and Chaels promo writer...Taught Hendo The H-bomb and Would've coached up Randy to Beat Mark Kerr in the ncca finals..

CRE

Posting Machine
Apr 24, 2015
At the end of the day I was one of the very best, a true trailblazer in one of the fastest growing sports, a professional athlete myself, just like Nick Diaz.

Like Nick Diaz I abused pot. I did it all while under the influence.

My reaction time, my intuition, my ADRENALINE was just insane. I look back and I can say without a doubt, I would not have been able to complete the type of plays I was able to without the THC. Not when my competition was abusing a variety of drugs and PEDs themselves.

It's easy to see the crossover benefits to many sports...

I grew up playing on teams with two of the players featured above. This is the stem of my arrogance.

It's nice to know that the sport I was a trailblazer in, probably has higher average professional pay than UFC fighting, with a shorter lifespan.

Last edited:

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think it's pretty obvious Nick has some mental health problems that he chooses to self-medicate with cannibis. You think he no-shows open workouts and conferences because he's lazy? Doubt it. A lazy person wouldn't regularly compete in triathlons. I'd guess he has a fairly extreme case of social anxiety and ADD. He even just mentioned in today's interview that doctors tried to put him on "medication" when he was younger. Maybe he didn't like the way they made him feel so he chose to stick with the medicine that made him feel normal. To say he's abusing it strictly as a performance enhancer is dumb.

Steroids have one use in MMA. Cannibis can be used for a myriad of disorders.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
in tribute to nick diaz getting fucked by the system im going to do a huge blast of hawaiian sativa shatter