You guys realize how much power we have?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Buff Bagginz

NO KNOWN WEAKNESSES
Nov 13, 2015
Yes, the UFC watches us.

So does Bellator.

Alot of fighters do as well.

They all watch the UG, Sherdog, Facebook and Us.

Id say they take us and that othersite more seriously.

Just some FYI.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Gangstas make the world go 'round..so I would have to agree..,Tmmac is like Usain Bolt Jogging with a bag of poop....TMMAC,
WE RUN SHIT

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
How does one know this?
It's good business to know what's going on in and around every part of their business. They can keep an eye on public perception and a lot of things. Plus find out a lot of stuff that they might not otherwise know.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
It's good business to know what's going on in and around every part of their business. They can keep an eye on public perception and a lot of things. Plus find out a lot of stuff that they might not otherwise know.
Agree, just I'm a black and white, factual type person......ie, I usually want to hear something supporting it.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
also, when I would frequent other sites... I'd see random posters that I've never heard of suggesting things like "oh, what do you think about this fight if it were to happen" and while some are just curious posters, rest assured some are employed to be there and see what the word on the street is and how interested people are on certain match ups. It's free market analysis and research to maximize their investments.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
Agree, just I'm a black and white, factual type person......ie, I usually want to hear something supporting it.
The no gifs thing on other sites seemed pretty cut and dry to me. That and fan made promos getting the axe so they can control in what light they want you to view their fighter in. They own the likeness rights and all that. They would not know any of this stuff is floating around out there if they didn't have eyes on the street. Plus it's harder and harder getting a good river, they have teams watching out for this stuff so they can block it and make you pay their price.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
One other thing while we're on the subject... You can believe this or not, it's up to you, but I have no reason to lie about such a thing. On another site I'm a part of, completely unrelated to mma, I was engaging in discussion with a group of people. I quoted one guy and asked him something regarding his post.

The following day I got a pm from the guy asking me to edit the post where I quoted him. He flat out came out and said he worked for the company that we were discussing and he leaked a little too much info and guys at the office were asking questions (whatever that meant). I think they were trying to narrow down who posted it for disciplinary actions.

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016
In view of this information I'm am taking full credit for the Bisping Hendo rematch.

DFW4L

15 events before the end of 2016 - YOU'RE WELCOME!
Mar 23, 2016
Edited by MMAHAWK

No reason for name calling. This post was a prime example why most of us left the other place

Last edited by a moderator:

RickStorm

Posting Machine
Jan 30, 2015
also, when I would frequent other sites... I'd see random posters that I've never heard of suggesting things like "oh, what do you think about this fight if it were to happen" and while some are just curious posters, rest assured some are employed to be there and see what the word on the street is and how interested people are on certain match ups. It's free market analysis and research to maximize their investments.
OP and this is correct. One example is when Chris Camozzi got his fight with Jacare. Someone posted in a thread about this fight should be made on short notice, and Chris posted he would take fight and Silva called him that night and asked if he was serious. It got done.

RickStorm

Posting Machine
Jan 30, 2015
The no gifs thing on other sites seemed pretty cut and dry to me. That and fan made promos getting the axe so they can control in what light they want you to view their fighter in. They own the likeness rights and all that. They would not know any of this stuff is floating around out there if they didn't have eyes on the street. Plus it's harder and harder getting a good river, they have teams watching out for this stuff so they can block it and make you pay their price.
This is also 100% correct. UFC has people spending time online searching for this, which is why no gifs on other places. Also why I mentioned it to Wild and admins to watch for thread titles with "ufc gifs, or video's" in them. They may not search inside threads but just for titles in search engines

P

Punch

OP and this is correct. One example is when Chris Camozzi got his fight with Jacare. Someone posted in a thread about this fight should be made on short notice, and Chris posted he would take fight and Silva called him that night and asked if he was serious. It got done.
It's been apparent for a long time that this (imo fucked up) practice has been implemented.

RickStorm

Posting Machine
Jan 30, 2015
It's been apparent for a long time that this (imo fucked up) practice has been implemented.
I dont know if I agree with it being "fucked up", if I was a matchmaker I suppose I'd check online to see what, and who is being talked about

P

Punch

I dont know if I agree with it being "fucked up", if I was a matchmaker I suppose I'd check online to see what, and who is being talked about
Gauging pubilc reaction is one thing. I don't see that as unethical.

However, attempting to influence it via subversion is unethical to me.

RickStorm

Posting Machine
Jan 30, 2015
Gauging pubilc reaction is one thing. I don't see that as unethical.

However, attempting to influence it via subversion is unethical to me.
No argument from me on that, but there is so much social media to read now a days I suppose it would be hard to avoid it